Inglis Tactic (take note)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player said:
Pittwater Legend said:
I was sitting in the Jane Try stand for this game. A kid sitting in front of me who looked like he was 12 years of age commented that Inglis was jumping forward in tackles. It does make you wonder when you hear a kid making that observation.
Was his name Ramrod :D

I wish I was 12 again.

Jamie Lyon had a great view of the second tackle of Richies. I don't think he would have complained to the ref nor would Mattai have tried to unless they felt Inglis was jumping and diving.

http://m.media.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-league/phil-gould-inglis-tactics-may-lead-to-flipovers-4236186.html

Half way through video Gould makes some interesting comments.

manlyfan76 said:
It's funny how no Manly player can talk to the ref other than Lyon (if he's lucky) but ingliss gets there full attention?!? He's not the captain.
From what I saw on tv the ref (Klein?) actually spoke well to the players. I'm not talking about whether his calls were right, but I thought the way he spoke to them was clear and not condescending. Some refs are so arrogant I'm surprised the players control themselves.

manlyfan76 said:
http://m.media.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-league/phil-gould-inglis-tactics-may-lead-to-flipovers-4236186.html

Finally someone well respected in the media has the common sense to come out and say it . Brad Fittler tried and was shot down by Sterlo. Thank you Gus for although very tactful being honest. Had Richie done these same tackles on any other Player wouldnt it be very likely he would be playing this weekend?

manlyfan76 said:

Well said Gus.

Sterling on Thursday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/peter-sterling-a-clean-look-at-sin-bin-usage/story-e6frext9-1226633334325

In the aftermath of the Brookvale battle, one thing that I have found unprecedented has been the focus of attention on the "victim" Greg Inglis.

I can tell you that there is an element in the game who believe that the number of bad situations that the star fullback has found himself in this season is not a coincidence.

They believe that changes made in how the ruck is patrolled has led to a much slower contest putting more emphasis on gaining a quick play the ball.

Their claim is that his size and strength and desire to get to the ground has made it very difficult for a defender to cope with him without grabbing a leg. It then doesn't take much for control to be lost and things to go awry.

It's a somewhat controversial theory but the bottom line is that once a defender puts his arms between the legs of a ball carrier it's not going to end well for anyone.

Ch 9 just highlighted he fact that Inglis is contributing to the spate of spear tackles he is enduring - interesting. The cynic in me says it is because they are playing the Broncs and Lockyer is on the panel...

Just seeing the Inu one again and it is so obvious the Inglis jumped off his right foot and dived to the ground. inu got dudded totally. The Fa'aoso ones I thought it was Ritchies fault the first one and he should have got 2 - 3 weeks. The second Ritchie one was another Inglis dive as he tucked his head in , jumped and rolled like some sort of pro wrestler. Another total con job.

The channel 9 panel (that deadset spanner cameron whatshisname aside) gave a convincing presentation on the way Inglis contributes. I was originally sceptical but now im sold. Inglis should be penalised all the way back to his storm roots.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6