Interesting message from the Leagues Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Interesting indeed to hear a lot of this stuff, I expect i'm not the only one who has been ignorant of a lot of the backgound machinations.

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180798.msg228554#msg228554 date=1245556106]

As for my idea on where to from here, that can wait for another day. 

Don't leave it too long, now might be good time to hear all ideas for the future.
[/quote]

SER, whenever Matas offers to keep his opinions to himself FFS don't contradict him :)

Andrew, I think I deserve an apology.

You insinuate that Bob Reilly and the Leagues Club have played a large part in my supporter tours.

Nothing could be further form the truth!!!

So if making comments like that please give me the proof??? (although I am still waiting for the answers to the Lurks and perks question so I suppose this won;t be forthcoming either!!!)......or if you don't have proof I'll accept your online apology!!

What you have suggested is UTTER CRAP!!!!

I can confirm that Bob, Peter Spray and Peter Bryant attended the Brisbane game  on one of my packages....loved it so much they booked a week later to attend the Gold Coast trip (and loved being with the Lunatics!!!)

Each person paid with their own credit card, these were NOT trips paid for by the Leagues Club NOR did they get ONE CENT of discount from me....they paid the same price!!

The growth in my packages have been "steady" BUT as Vidmar has suggested there is little profit at the end of the day. The individual game packages we do are more a "service" than anything.

How this is relative to the argument at hand beats me, but as I say you are more into one line "pot shots" than anything else!!!!

Or is it that you are just trying to discredit me and are failing miserably as most people here respect me for what I do (and have done)???

I can just imagine the Football Club under your leadship.......God Help US!!!!!

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180798.msg228700#msg228700 date=1245577007]
I don't disagree with you Byso, the current situation is laughable.  Sensibly the FC should have relinquished a little of their control over memberships and allowed the whole shebang to be in one package.  They didn't, it isn't and Manly is the weaker for it.

Perhaps I should summarise what I have said above as thus:

I believe the FC representatives on the Manly Board have been guilty of giving priority to the interests of the FC over the holistic needs of Manly in general.

Why the constant referral to the "2 FC representatives" on the Manly board. Is there a view that they are not representing the majority view of the FC  Board? If not, and I strongly doubt that this would be the case then sureley we need to be questioning not just Deans & O'Reilly but ALL FC Board Members.
[/quote]  Okay then, the FC Board is guilty of narrow vision.

Mark, I withdraw and apologise for the statement of your supporter tours.  Let's not let side issues get in the way.  I'll take Vidmar's word on it being a largely philanthropic exercise and a great service to club supporters.

Mark you wouldn't be surprised that Mata cut his teeth in Canberra at the Labor offices. This may explain a few things.

so if we agree that is an FC Board decision then for forum members who are not FC Members here is a list of the persons that are directing the 2 nominated members on the NRL Board to vote in the manner in which they do:

* Bob Reilly (Chairman)
   * Peter Bryant
   * Peter O'Dwyer
   * Kerry Sibraa (resigned)
   * Geoff Toovey
   * Damien Smith
   * Philip Dean

Thanks for the "heads up" Byso.....and yes that does help explain things.

I'll accept his apology as above, doesn't mean I have to agree with what he says elsewhere but that's democracy.

I am happy for people to support my views, and also interested in hearing from others who don't, especially if they offer viable alternatives.

I just dislike (intensley) cheap pot shots and attacks on my credibility and if Matas intends to throw his hand up as a possible Football Club Board member he will have to learn that pissing off other Football Club members who may potentially vote him in (or out) isn't exactly the right course of action.

I have no intention of throwing my hand up as a possible Board member for exactly the reasons you suggest Mark.  I'm obviously no diplomat and a crash through or crash politician at best.  I will however assist other credible candidates that would bring fresh blood and ideas.

Matabele link said:
I have no intention of throwing my hand up as a possible Board member for exactly the reasons you suggest Mark.  I'm obviously no diplomat and a crash through or crash politician at best.  I will however assist other credible candidates that would bring fresh blood and ideas.

Sorrry for the late response but I'm just back from the game...(yes, sorry I did make the effort to get off the setee and go there).....I was speaking to Russ & Deb (From Newcastle), NE (Brett) and his missus (From Ballina)(The great couple who made the No one likes us banner), Kevin (From Dubbo), Sue and the girls (From Mudgee) and all manner of people that had gotten off their arses and travelled to support the team.....
I was starving but despite chatting with Messrs Markie, Reilly, Dean et al I was not even offered a mere sniff of a freebie snack (Hence my crediblity as an ïndependant!)
I asked them about their opinion about this thread and they replied (as one) "Matabele? Who is he?" - "nuff said"

i think its time for the personal stuff to stop from all sides.
2 things ive leant from this

1)we have lost the best ceo in the game
2)our organisational structure is rooted and needs to be changed

This is the best "true supporter" thread I've read for a while, has taken it to a whole new level. It used to be just about how many jerseys you had or how many Grand Finals you had attended live, now you've got to share sandwiches with board members and have the CEO's number in your mobile. ;)

Some interesting info here, and food for thought about the machinations of the various stakeholders. Maybe the only good thing that will come out of Grant's sacking/resignation will be a shake up of the whole structure and growing fan voice that demands more transperancy/accountability. I hope it sorts itself out, but I really get the impression that this isn't some petty squabble. We need some real leadership to get us moving forward. How you balance the history and tradition of what has been essentially a not for profit organisation, with the cold hard commercial reality of private ownership is a difficult one. I've said before that all this infighting and posturing by all parties is blowing a golden opportunity to capitalise on a once in a decade on field success. We should be shoring up our future on the back of a premiership and WCC rather than imploding.

Cliffy it's become personal BECAUSE when someone disagree's with you they feel like taking a shot at you is better than offering constructive debate.

C & C's post above is well thought out and offers a stong view (his) of the situation, without the need to knock anyone. I applaud that and in fact encourage people to have their say, offer alternatives BUT not get personal!!

There's no doubting we are "true" supporters, all of us, it's just the way that we conduct ourselves on this forum and make comments about each other than suggests to me that certain sections of forum members are more concerned with just knocking whatever anyone says rather than actually participating in the debate.

As I have said time and time again, happy for everyone to agree with me, happy for everyone to disagree with me but NOT happy when people choose do discredit me!!!

I really enjoy meeting people that I converse with on the forums, in fact 99% of the Manly fans I now associate with are online. Most are great people, committed supporters. It's just a pity than on here there are some people I wouldn't bother associating with, in fact if they walked up to me at a game I'd simply walk away....and that indeed makes me sad!!!

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180798.msg228788#msg228788 date=1245582112]

Sorrry for the late response but I'm just back from the game...(yes, sorry I did make the effort to get off the setee and go there).....I was speaking to Russ & Deb (From Newcastle), NE (Brett) and his missus (From Ballina)(The great couple who made the No one likes us banner), Kevin (From Dubbo), Sue and the girls (From Mudgee) and all manner of people that had gotten off their arses and travelled to support the team.....
I was starving but despite chatting with Messrs Markie, Reilly, Dean et al I was not even offered a mere sniff of a freebie snack (Hence my crediblity as an ïndependant!)
I asked them about their opinion about this thread and they replied (as one) "Matabele? Who is he?" - "nuff said"
[/quote]  If you scroll back a bit and look in the Max peace thread, you will find I have now put forward my take on the situation as well as ways forward.  I've stopped taking pot shots to create some constructive dialogue.  It would be great if you did likewise?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4