Ipswich Jets are changing the way rugby league is played

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
interesting read:

THE Ipswich Jets, in the Queensland Cup, are about to change the way rugby league is played.

The Jets do not use block plays, an attacking move used ad nauseam among all 16 NRL clubs right now.
They never wrestle in defence. Indeed, they prefer to let their opposition have quick play-the-balls, again in direct contrast to the NRL way.
They kick-off short every time instead of driving the ball deep for a big front-rower to hit it up against them.
Every dropout is also short, even though it leaves teams attacking their tryline.
They don’t care about completion rates. They sometimes run backwards and often run sideways, with the full blessing of their coaches Ben and Shane Walker.
Whatever is considered standard thinking in the NRL there is a fair chance the Jets do the opposite.
But here’s the thing: despite spending about a third on their salaries as what North Queensland Cowboys feeder club, the Townsville Blackhawks, do, which naturally suggests their talent is not as deep, and despite playing a form of football that is the total opposite of the considered way to play in the NRL, the Jets share the competition lead.
And they are the most exciting team in the competition.
So you have to ask yourself the question: are the Jets so successful despite the way they play, or because of it?

read the whole thing at:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...league-is-played/story-fnp0lyn3-1227380230376

Ben walkedr teaching player to run sideways and backwards....this is shocking to me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4