Is Brandy the biggest knob ever ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sir Pigman

Reserve Grader
Just saw the commentary post game.

Brandy defends the obstruction penalty. Ennis respectfully refuses to enter into Brandys rubbish.

Its not the first time Brandys is so anti Manly. Biggest Manly hater.

Just saw the commentary post game.

Brandy defends the obstruction penalty. Ennis respectfully refuses to enter into Brandys rubbish.

Its not the first time Brandys is so anti Manly. Biggest Manly hater.
Brandy is just obnoxiously anti-Manly… how can you “obstruct” a player that has given up trying?

I like Brandy and enjoy his commentating but he is flat out wrong with the obstruction. The game has lost the plot if that’s an obstruction. Under the new rules, basically you cannot turn the ball back inside because if someone has not suddenly disappeared or sprinted back behind the ball, it’ll be called obstruction.

Yeh Brandy was a Manly supporter as a kid, but he ain't now....maybe realises Manly are a threat to Penrith in 2024

Its a nonsense to trawl back through replays looking for reasons to deny a try. That is not what the bunker was introduced to do. The bunker is there to help the referees and not itself make major refereeing decisions unless invited to review something in particular.. It has morphed and is a blight on the modern game. Come on NRL fix it please!

On Doesn't his kid play in one of our jnr teams, or did he get dropped.
I believe so
Was 100% at Manly last year and not sure if it is just a coincidence, but EVERY call or controversial decision Brandy takes the opposite side to Manly ...so there's something in it

Its a nonsense to trawl back through replays looking for reasons to deny a try. That is not what the bunker was introduced to do. The bunker is there to help the referees and not itself make major refereeing decisions unless invited to review something in particular.. It has morphed and is a blight on the modern game. Come on NRL fix it please!
Agree.
The weird thing is that the bunker rule on "black and white", not feel or interpretation whereas the on field ref does.
Why does the on field ref have some latitude on interpretations of decisions but the video ref doesn't?
They are referees also so why are they hamstrung when in the bunker?

If the on field ref thought it was okay and didn't ask for the review then why does the bunker intervene?
It's not like the ref thought it was a try and asked them to check for a possible obstruction, in his mind there wasn't a problem.

Then why not intervene on say, when Paulo was tackled and Parra's second effort put him into touch when we're up 14-0?
Plenty of time before the scrum to check and overturn if deemed so.
A big turning point imo, another set for us in their red zone instead they get the ball, then a penalty to get them out of trouble and away they went.

Think that Brandy 's lad is already signed for at least another season with his Manly junior club .
Not that sure of his general commentary style in other games but think that he comes across as a pretty straight shooter with his natural demure or approach and more on the technical side of interpretations So maybe nothing that profound there .
Anyway certainly not the worst type of commentator going around right now one would think

I
The rule is black and white..very clear and that's all he was saying..

Give me Brandy commentating over all the other dribblers
Agree, however Brandy is starting to annoy with his bias for the Panthers & a select few other teams! If that was the Panthers disallowed try he’d be screaming no obstruction.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8