Is City Country dead?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lazy ? You can't have watched now he ran for the 1st 20mins then mate

Hoffman was the best on field. There is a lot of push for Adam Reynolds to play for NSW but I think today showed that it is far too soon for that, he isn't ready for that level. Merton was impressive as well

He might have run for the first twenty minutes, but he could have prevented City's first try with a better effort, but didn't.

I can't actually remember that try sorry

I thought a lot of the front rowers were good. Mannah 38 tackles and 171m is a big effort, Tolman made huge metres as well

Kiwi Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Complete waste of time, not needed jus another game players can get injured in

I'm sure guys like Alan Tongue wouldn't agree with you on that one mate

And there have been guys that have played themselves into NSW from this game. There was a forward not so long ago who absolutely killed in in City v Country and got his origin spot based on it, can't quite remember who it was though now

That would have been White. And hasn't he been tremendous for Queensland ever since.

Boofhead said:
eagles2win said:
mickqld said:
It's a great promotion for Rugby league in the NSW country and the f***ing Qlders should be made to do the same. Why do they get away with not doing anything like this to promote Rugby league through country Qld.

Good point Mick

It might be because qld's selection base is soooo large they wouldn't know what part of country qld to play it in. Kempsey, Sydney, Papua New Guinea, UnZud.......

.......USA,UK,Uzbekistan,Iceland.... (well there in qld,cause qld everywhere)

Has anyone who reckons City and country is a waste of time ever played for country or spoken to the likes of Clean,Hindmarsh,Sterling,Killer,Daley, what it meant to be selected.
Might not be a selection review for origin might not be what it once was and contry firsts Vr country seconds -but try going to any country pub and see how much the locals think it is waaste of time.
Problem was coff harbour is a 2nd rate tourist town and not real country town where you play for the love of the game and travel 3 hours just to play,watch,have a beer and cheer for your team
No wonder we hate city so much.If it wasn't for manly I would hate the place.
Go manly

Just watched the game.

Everything about it seemed kinda lacklustre, including the commentators.

Also been reading about the pricing. We have on 1 hand the nrl saying it cost $35 per person to erect the stand so $50 wasn't that much and they made a loss.

On the other the coffs mayor saying that they did everything they could so try bringing the best players to the game next time.

Not sure why they needed to put the stand in anyway. It's not as if they didn't know there wasn't a stand prior to giving the game to coffs.

Even though I'm happy that country won, I still don't care about the fixture anymore. Growing up I always thought the 'country towns' were still small cities. And wondered why the game never came to a small town like Murwillumbah but still went to the big city of coffs harbour and/or bathurst and the like.

They'll still run it out year after year - just like the cth bank tri nation 1 day cricket series. And we all know how awesome that was in the last 5 years or so.

:flogger:

globaleagle said:
Just watched the game.

Everything about it seemed kinda lacklustre, including the commentators.

Also been reading about the pricing. We have on 1 hand the nrl saying it cost $35 per person to erect the stand so $50 wasn't that much and they made a loss.

On the other the coffs mayor saying that they did everything they could so try bringing the best players to the game next time.

Not sure why they needed to put the stand in anyway. It's not as if they didn't know there wasn't a stand prior to giving the game to coffs.

Even though I'm happy that country won, I still don't care about the fixture anymore. Growing up I always thought the 'country towns' were still small cities. And wondered why the game never came to a small town like Murwillumbah but still went to the big city of coffs harbour and/or bathurst and the like.

They'll still run it out year after year - just like the cth bank tri nation 1 day cricket series. And we all know how awesome that was in the last 5 years or so.

:flogger:

The Tri Series was great, should be brought back properly

The last time they played it, the India v Sri Lanka game in Hobart was sensational

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6