Is gallop doing a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Getting people to watch NRL is as easy as organizing a piss up in a brewery. The game thrives in spite of Gallop, not because of him.

bazeagle said:
Get over it you bunch of full tools. Gallop is doing a GREAT job. The game is exciting, crowds are up, tv audiences are through the roof. He has never claimed to get everything right. I've met and spoken to him, he's a top guy, he cares for the game very much and is a brilliant administrator working in a minefield of old grudges and associated old school bull****. I wish everyone on this forum would crap off and leave the dude alone and acknowledge his achievements.

That you met and believe in Gallop tells me nothing about Gallop, and lots about you, bazeagle.

That you automatically call people who disagree with you "tools" tells me nothing about them, and plenty about you.

I'm interested how you explain to yourself that News Ltd's prime unnegotiable condition for exiting the game was that Gallop MUST stay, and that the independent commission MUST be powerless to stop this. Why do you suppose they would scupper the powers of the independent commission like this?

Good old Baz, right on cue defending his hero Gallop. I figured your finger would be too worn out to type after lodging those 949 votes, but I admire your attempt to defend the indefensible.

Gallop is a muppet, the sooner he goes, the sooner this game can move forward.

Gallop's latest is to ban Robert Lui for a year for pleading guilty re domestic violence. Once again he beats his chest saying it sends a message that the League will not tolerate violence against women. What a hero.

Of course when Carney was guilty of multiple DUI's (on top of a seemingly never ending list of other offences), Gallop charged in on his steed and issued him with ... 0 weeks!

Obviously a resoundingly clear messsage that the League supports drink driving then. That Gallop and the League supports Carney recklessly risking the lives of our wives and kids and friends on the road. Is there any other conclusion to be reached?

Mr Knee-Jerk strikes again. Maybe you can explain the relativity between your hero's decisions re Lui's one year and Carney's zero weeks for me bazeagle?

I saw Gallop today also, he was heading to Malabar - Malabar Sewage Treatment Plant with the rest of the News Limited TURD cronies.

I waved to him good bye just before I flushed him down the S pipe.

Sorry baseagle he may well be a nice person however he has offered very little during his tenure of running the NRL

Jatz, Mata, SER8, Rex = whatever to the lot of you. I disagree with your constant whinging about the bloke. Like I said he doesn't claim to get everything right. Jatz watch what you post re sexual relationship - what goes on inside your head? Why does my support for Gallop have to suggest that I may be homosexual? And what if I am? Back to the point and read this slowly so you all get it: do you all take a moment to wonder why there are irregularities in judiciary decisions? Take a look at the EPL, same there. I'll tell you why. It keeps fans arguing and interested. Same reason FIFA won't introduce video refs even for goal line decisions. Fans love a good argument and that's what we are doing here. If the game was adjudicated to within an inch of it's life we would soon lose interest. Exactly what they want. Now, get it?

WOW baz, the title and meaning of this thread is he doing a good job, not is he a top bloke. He may well be a great guy, a good father who knows but his misgivings in runner the NRL and massive

lets remember Gallop as CEO, is responsible for the funding, and running of the game. He negotiates the contracts, he allocates the funds. With his abilities he is able to fund teams to roughly 30% of operating costs.That is atrocious considering the obstacles

He decided the Gold coast business model would go the distance and obviously hasn't checked up since, even though they appear almost monthly for another hand out to pay players. Where was his duty of care

He sets the cap, he sets the squad sizes, he tells them when they play, he tells them who and when they lose the rep players, he tells them how much compensation they get for Monday night games. None of this is a negotiation process, although they have an annual conference where many leading coaches don't bother attending as they deem it a worthless exercise

He limits sponsorship , he allows some teams an opportunity to attract sponsorship with weekly prime time viewing but dismisses claims by Canberra and cronulla to do the same. He creates an un even playing field off the field in this partnership

I don't give a rats arse about the judiciary, the game is broke and he is the money man, epic fail

Apparently the gold coast is an area of great importance when implemented due to league uptake and the impending AFL team, but with the same obstacles in western Sydney, the club CEO's claim he has offered no help, advice, or diddly squat

The NRL want to expand but have no money to do so , they are essentially reliant on mining magnates to fund inclusion and expansion. How is that a plan for success and future growth.There a **** load of hope in that business plan

Look baz, Gallop may be a good fella, , but there are plenty of nice fellas on the dole and he should be one of them

Get over it you bunch of full tools. Gallop is doing a GREAT job. The game is exciting, crowds are up, tv audiences are through the roof. He has never claimed to get everything right. I've met and spoken to him, he's a top guy, he cares for the game very much and is a brilliant administrator working in a minefield of old grudges and associated old school bull****. I wish everyone on this forum would crap off and leave the dude alone and acknowledge his achievements.
What's a full tool ? We are all entitled to our opinions and just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we're Wrong or wright. He may be a top guy to you but I bet if you ask Brett Stewart he would disagree with you big time . People met Adolfo Hittler too , he cared very much for Germany I'm told , and look where that went .
PS .. I was in hospital in Darwin a few years ago when a young kid asked if I was a cool DUDE , I said yeah man , he said a DUDE was a camels penis...hope he was wrong..

jbb/james said:
The NRL want to expand but have no money to do so , they are essentially reliant on mining magnates to fund inclusion and expansion. How is that a plan for success and future growth.There a s**t load of hope in that business plan

They did have some money however decided to spend it on building a new HQ - another brilliant decision. How many games do they play at nrl HQ?

bazeagle said:
Jatz, Mata, SER8, Rex = whatever to the lot of you. I disagree with your constant whinging about the bloke. Like I said he doesn't claim to get everything right. Jatz watch what you post re sexual relationship - what goes on inside your head? Why does my support for Gallop have to suggest that I may be homosexual? And what if I am? Back to the point and read this slowly so you all get it: do you all take a moment to wonder why there are irregularities in judiciary decisions? Take a look at the EPL, same there. I'll tell you why. It keeps fans arguing and interested. Same reason FIFA won't introduce video refs even for goal line decisions. Fans love a good argument and that's what we are doing here. If the game was adjudicated to within an inch of it's life we would soon lose interest. Exactly what they want. Now, get it?

Sooooooooo, Gallop has a cunning plan to allow some, but not all, controversial refereeing decisions so as to keep the fans in a constant banter of entertainment ? And that must be why the game is going from strength to strength and why he is doing such a great job ? And in his spare time he influences the EPL & FIFA ?

OK, I get it now. :laugh:

Your a complete twit Baz.

Lucky for Greg Inglis this wasn't enforced a few years ago, shows how Gallop is a few years behind the times.

Not a Gallop fan but like a Referee - if I dont notice him - I'm happy.
Its been this way touch wood thus far in 2012.
Stay Invisible Gallop......till you shake Brett & Glens hand again in October.

bazeagle said:

Think I've got it baz. You are saying that making totally erratic, unintelligible, and non-sensical decisions creates controversy and gives fans something to talk about. And you are saying that this is Gallop's modus operandi.

Seems we have significant common ground on the distinguishing features of Gallop's decision-making.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4