Is it a 2, 3 or 5 year plan??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Agree 100%
If the football gods are good to us (another reference to religion!), we will have no severe injuries, no suspensions, keep the best of what we got on the paddock with Des fine tuning their play and defence and Donny keeping them fit.
Add the siege mentality and Top 8 is achievable IMO
Sironen * hold my beer *

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It seems the general consensus is it’s an almost instant form reversal.

I however feel it’s at least going to be 2020.

We’ll do better than 2018 ( injuries permitting ) but still think we are short of depth to be any sort of force.

However I might have to review this if any decent signings are announced in the next few weeks , and there could be couldn’t there?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

We’ll do better than 2018 ( injuries permitting ) but still think we are short of depth to be any sort of force.

However I might have to review this if any decent signings are announced in the next few weeks , and there could be couldn’t there?

Agree ... main difference is this time we already have the makings of a good squad and as you say injuries and attitude will see us move up the ladder ..... that and the fact that last years young'uns like Tom. Jake, Kelly, Parker, Tanganoa, AFB, Suli, Fainu, Elegy, GoJetSki are starting the season not as youths anymore but hardened men ...

Interesting and exciting times ahead ...

manly al

First Grader
Personally can only express some caution for the approaching season at least . Have lost one of our best yardage and hardest working and injury free forwards in Lane , Great if Siro can fill the void and be relatively injury free and even add more with his attacking skills . Still no certainty of keeping Kelly but of course will be a big plus if he stays. Main hope for an improved 2019 and beyond will be the coaching staff"s ability to instill some defensive resolve and organization and also naturally some better variety and less predictable plays in attack . Surely can not experience two years in succession with major injury woes . Maybe still a cap handicap to contend with for next season but essentially with a more professional and seasoned coaching input and some improvement from the emerging younger group, should be some better times ahead , all things normal again. Let "s hope that the sometimes elusive window of opportunity premiership tilt is not too far away for the Sea Eagles . ..

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Sorry mate, but stuff the "go close to a top 8 finish next year" thing. Provided the majority of the first choice players stay healthy, and if we can adequately cover the likes of DCE, the Turbos and possibly Walks come Origin time, there is no reason why we can't be firmly inside the top 8. We have the players and now the coach to do it.

True I have to agree, the big ? is injuries though and as you said covering S.O.O that's why I pulled back and said close to the 8 but looking at the 29 listed today a good mix of young guns for a shot. Will also depend on the reaction to Des's training from players who will step up and who doesn't in pre season. We have a tough 6 game start and need to get a few wins early for some confidence after this last year. A good off season,players stepping up in attitude, followed by some confidence boosting early wins could well see us achieve anything sooner rather than later.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I agree
Only takes next year long term injuries to either dce Tom Jake Marty or AFB and you can kiss the season good by
My protection
2019.. 9th
2020.. 5th
2021 3rd ..prelim final exit
2022 2nd .. Grand final appearance
With our window for a title 2021-2025.

redlineg

Reserve Grader
True I have to agree, the big ? is injuries though and as you said covering S.O.O that's why I pulled back and said close to the 8 but looking at the 29 listed today a good mix of young guns for a shot. Will also depend on the reaction to Des's training from players who will step up and who doesn't in pre season. We have a tough 6 game start and need to get a few wins early for some confidence after this last year. A good off season,players stepping up in attitude, followed by some confidence boosting early wins could well see us achieve anything sooner rather than later.
I agree
Only takes next year long term injuries to either dce Tom Jake Marty or AFB and you can kiss the season good by
My protection
2019.. 9th
2020.. 5th
2021 3rd ..prelim final exit
2022 2nd .. Grand final appearance
With our window for a title 2021-2025.
I think we need to factor some other things.
1. Sharks Salary Cap issues resulting in Cap Penalties and offloading of players weakening their chances
2. Roosters getting done for Salary Cap Rorting, and having the 2018 Premiership Stripped and not playing for points half way through 2019
3. We pick up one of their players for a steal as a result of the 'off loading'.
4. Bunnies and Broncos go crap because their coaches are thinking of 2020
5. Riff chokes because there is too much pressure on Ivan to get a premiership
6. Storm finally enter a rebuilding phase
This then leaves the 'Steven Bradbury' Sea Eagles playing into the top 4!

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
2019 easily avoid the spoon
2020 top 8 & 1-2 weeks of finals
2021 top 8 & competitive in final series.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
Des will have the boys "under the radar" we need 5 from 8 or there about heading Into the origin period.
During that period we will need a 50% win loss ratio at worse, from there anything is possible.

BK13

Reserve Grader
I think 3 years is realistic to be full on contenders.

2019 I expect us to make the 8. But above all be a team that gives nothing away. We lose......but make them bleed to beat us.
2020 I think with the introduction of a quality player or two. We push a top 4 spot.
2021 ready for a full on tilt.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Everyone is very positive ( which is both understandable and nice to here) BUT for me I still think 2019 is a settling in year.

Other than Cherry the coach hasn’t worked with this group so it’s not going to happen overnight.

I’d be happy with about a 9-11 finish and I’ll happily bow down to the mighty if he can get us into the 8.

For me 2020-21 is where it will happen!!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Thing to remember is that the outstanding players we have, Des will keep. He'll let the less effective go and add to hat we have over the next few years. That's what he did between 2004-7, with such players as Lyon, Kennedy, Ballin, Orford, Bell, Matai, and kept adding to them with Foran, DCE etc. The side we have at present will not be the same side in 2020 or 2021. There will be additions over the next three years such as Metcalfe, Cust, Albert Hopoate, the third Trbojevic, Schuster possibly, maybe even Anderson who is still with us. Plus there will be additions each year. Its a building process. Some players will move on but Hasler has the habit of holding onto the cream. Though many of the players we have will be there is 2021, many wont. The team could look something like this

A. Hopoate
Anderson or Garrick
Kelly
T. Trbojevic
Suli
DCE
Metcalfe
AFB
Fainu
J. Trbojevic
Sironen
Tanginoa
Schuster

B. Trbojevic
Olakau'atu
Paseka
Sipley

And that's just based on what we now have, and others in the team may be preferred. But these players grown up could be the start of something special if Des can hold onto them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12