Is it time to move on from Turbo?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Manly keep Turbo?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
Yep, it’s just luck, right? So, at what stage do we say… yep, lots of bad luck and we are no longer prepared to go on accepting this “bad luck”? When do we say, yes, we love you Tom, but your bad luck is killing the club?

should be a clown emoji for this comment
Clown emoji?

Think about this. If we had a fullback being paid 50% or Turbos salary, played most games and was actually fair to decent, we'd be well in front.

This Tom crap ruins chemistry, ruins stability, ruins caps, ruins depth - it goes on.

Come on @Ned , think man ! Naivity and loyalty is so cute. It'll get you nowhere but 12th, but hey if it makes.you happy.

Clown emoji?

Think about this. If we had a fullback being paid 50% or Turbos salary, played most games and was actually fair to decent, we'd be well in front.

This Tom crap ruins chemistry, ruins stability, ruins caps, ruins depth - it goes on.

Come on @Ned , think man !
Sorry Ryan but I have to disagree. Turbo is a killer, once in a generation player. Yes it sucks he keeps getting injured but I'd hate to be in a team playing him, all you'd hear is you've got to cover tutbo. turbo , turbo turbo etc. He's a weapon, admittedly when on the field,

Clown emoji?

Come on @Ned , think man ! Naivity and loyalty is so cute. It'll get you nowhere but 12th, but hey if it makes.you happy.
I’d take 12th at the end of the season at this rate. We might be a lot lower yet.

Clown emoji?

I mentioned before. It’s the huge cost of not being able to build critical spine combinations over YEARS. YEARS. People get caught up with what’s happening in a season, but don’t have the global perspective to understnd the long term cost of Turbo’s fragility.

Sorry Ryan but I have to disagree. Turbo is a killer, once in a generation player. Yes it sucks he keeps getting injured but I'd hate to be in a team playing him, all you'd hear is you've got to cover tutbo. turbo , turbo turbo etc. He's a weapon, admittedly when on the field,
No point having a “killer” who turns up for half a season at best, and stifles ongoing development of spine combinations.

Mate, he's had one decent season, and the rest pretty well losing more than winning. Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't make one generational.

Before all his injuries LAST season, we were flailing in the standings. Same as this season.

I get the fondness, but he's royally ****ed us year after year - to the point we are unbalanced by his inability to play versus his cap hit.

Hell, I'll throw this out there, Jake is WAY over paid. Schuster contract is an abomination.

I'd love other teams to take any of these disruptions (and I love Jake )

No point having a “killer” who turns up for half a season at best, and stifles ongoing development of spine combinations.
Every player has injuries, whoever you suggest to replace him will have those to, but be a worse player when he's there though.

Every player has injuries, whoever you suggest to replace him will have those to, but be a worse player when he's there though.
Are you saying that with a straight face? Seriously, you want to try and convince me Turbo’s injury CV is just like everybody else’s? Might wanna rethink that approach

Mate, he's had one decent season, and the rest pretty well losing more than winning. Being the best of a bad bunch doesn't make one generational.

Before all his injuries LAST season, we were flailing in the standings. Same as this season.

I get the fondness, but he's royally ****ed us year after year - to the point we are unbalanced by his inability to play versus his cap hit.

Hell, I'll throw this out there, Jake is WAY over paid. Schuster contract is an abomination.

I'd love other teams to take any of these disruptions (and I love Jake )
Again disagree, why are both Jake and Tom first picked for NSW when fit? They're both guns that give 100%. We need blokes that believe in the team that can play. The turbos would be the last blokes I'd get rid of, plenty of other dead woo before them mate. :thumbsup:

Our Greatness is not in never falling
But Rising Every time we fall
Our Greatest Manly Premiership Winning Asset is our Great Tom Turbo

NRL 2020, Sea Eagles Vs Bulldogs: Tom Trbojevic double puts Canterbury ...

He’s on 1.1 million until 2027. There won’t be another contract negotiation. He’s either medically retired or we are screwed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8