Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The thing I’m excited to see with Brooks coming into the side is the enhancement to our kicking game. Having another top shelf option on the last play will mean teams can’t just number up on DCE allowing both halves more time to come up with great ends to our sets.
Brook's left foot should complement DCE's right foot.

Pity we don't have Michael Robertson's middle foot anymore or we would have all directions on the field covered!

Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing Perspective ....

Luke Brooks has left the Tigers to escape the Pressure of Great Expectations

He has come to the Wrong club .
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Brooks has left the Tigers to escape the pressure and yet every second Manly article is about how good Brooks is going to be at the Eagles. Feels like more pressure.

We have a very tough start to the season and Brooks will take time to gel with DCE and the rest of the team. I hope he is given time before he becomes the new whipping boy.

The good kickers, like cleary, reynolds, even moses put there bodies on the line for this tactic
Cleary and Reynolds didn't do this in the GF, I can't even think of a game where they did.
Does it even make sense? If a half risks getting hit while kicking on the 5th then he is risking ruining the set, possibly in a disastrous way if there's a charge-down or the ball goes out on the full, etc. Let alone if he's the main man and gets injured

Johns and Thurston were very good at it. Foz still does it. A lot of the time it's about bravery and being willing to cop a hit and end up on your arse in order to make a defender commit thereby creating space for your teammates. It also carries risk of the play dying with with you if take it too deep into the line.
Sounds like you are talking more about passing? I think we are talking about kicking for distance at the end of a set.

Ps can anyone remember the last half that was hurt while kicking and the ref deemed the hit perfectly legal? I can't!

Its been said before but Brooks now has strike all around him. At the tigers, there was sweet FA for a long time.
Imagine if and when we are firing and he has the likes of Turbo, Koula, Saab, Hamole and Garrick firing. It's a hell of a better work environment than from where he came.

Its been said before but Brooks now has strike all around him. At the tigers, there was sweet FA for a long time.
Imagine if and when we are firing and he has the likes of Turbo, Koula, Saab, Hamole and Garrick firing. It's a hell of a better work environment than from where he came.
Our right side is looking epic, DCE, Mole, Koula, Saab…

It’s the left side that has a lot of unknowns, Brooks, Schuster, Garrick, Parker/Tui/Talau…

On paper that left side could be red hot but it could also be a shocker.

It’s the left side that has a lot of unknowns, Brooks, Schuster, Garrick, Parker/Tui/Talau…

Fair point and more so with Brooks and Shu in defence to get the early reads right but then on D C E "s and Haumole 's side , has tended to be a couple of problems on occasions also
Garrick seems to defend more assuredly at centre then at full back . Shu and Brooks , well here is hoping .
Attack or the potential for some good attack should be a strong point on both sides , establishing a good defensive pattern , a bit more challenging

Time will tell. But any half is one more player than we had in 23. The 👠 might have walked onto the playing field many times, in the back half of the year, but he done SFA in every one of em.

Koula might start on the left? He'd probably be just as effective there.
In fact Koula should probably be given some sort of a roving commission. Bit like Broncos swapped Staggs and Farnworth mid-game a few times.
Koula has the speed to pop up anywhere at any time, I'm sure Seibold is working on some plan to exploit that ability (I say confidently) :)

Cleary and Reynolds didn't do this in the GF, I can't even think of a game where they did.
Does it even make sense? If a half risks getting hit while kicking on the 5th then he is risking ruining the set, possibly in a disastrous way if there's a charge-down or the ball goes out on the full, etc. Let alone if he's the main man and gets injured

Sounds like you are talking more about passing? I think we are talking about kicking for distance at the end of a set.

Ps can anyone remember the last half that was hurt while kicking and the ref deemed the hit perfectly legal? I can't!
Yeah, passing and kicking in the oppositions 20 (mostly grubbers). Agree that no one really does it when kicking for distance.

I like Brooks and think he's a good player, but we are not in a premiership window.
The Window is a Myth Perspective ....

Reality is looking at our selves in the Mirror
Success feathered friend does not requite you to look at a window
Success requires you to look at your self in the mirror and start believing
1699841102196.png

Yeah, passing and kicking in the oppositions 20 (mostly grubbers). Agree that no one really does it when kicking for distance.
Yeah.
Daley has some weaknesses to his game, although having said that, he is genuine Australian Test halfback quality, and has been one of the best for the last dozen+ years.
Not quite as good as Johns, or Thurston, or even Cronk probably, even though he has at least as many skills as those. There was something in their approach to the game that put them on a different level.
As for Cleary, he's now being spoken about as potentially being the greatest player of all time, and after his grand final heroics I wouldn't discount that.
I suspect some fans may appreciate DCE more after he's retired. Won't be easy to replace.
Meanwhile I think the partnership with Brooks should be pretty exciting.

same right side as last year that was pretty underwhelming considering the talent. At one point koula had a thread, run koula run due to lack of penetration on the right hand side. They go through the motions a fair bit out there. Huamole and brute force seems to be the only play once turbo is in the sheds

Then koula gets moved to fullback, or away from the right side if your cheeky like me, and he is the saviour we have all been waiting for.

i understand fullbacks get better opportunities, the ball he got inevitably in both positions was the key and he got SFA on the right. Got to call it for what it is

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10