Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

JenEagle

Bencher
I don’t know what the club and the media expected of brooksy. He’s played 11 years straight with the worst team in the comp and never played in a finals series. Why would coming to a club that has only made the semis three times in the last eight years suddenly make him a champion halfback.

There was all this pre season talk of him coming to play his own running game while Dce organised the team. Dce has never been an organising half as far as I know.

He’s playing exactly as expected in my opinion.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He looks good at times however they need to straighten the left side attack, haven’t seen much ball playing from Brooks yet.

The left edge attack is very poor this season, lacks shape and structure, not all on Brooks but since Vegas it’s got worse.

Eagle 1

First Grader
He's made 2 really good line breaks so far, one in the Souths Vegas game and the other in the first Parra game that we lost. Was expecting at least one tackle bust per game, I'd even settle for a partial tackle bust tbh, or is this expecting to much ?.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
He's made 2 really good line breaks so far, one in the Souths Vegas game and the other in the first Parra game that we lost. Was expecting at least one tackle bust per game, I'd even settle for a partial tackle bust tbh, or is this expecting to much ?.
He isn't as quick as he use to be. I think he may be running a lil to much. Teams are expecting it. He should just concentrate on putting his outside men into holes get the D in two minds before running

Eagle 1

First Grader
He isn't as quick as he use to be. I think he may be running a lil to much. Teams are expecting it. He should just concentrate on putting his outside men into holes get the D in two minds before running
We signed him up as a running 5/8 with DCE doing the organizing, seems like it's the other way round ?

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I don't want to rip on him as we won tonight and he does good things for this squad currently. Tonight the 1-on-1 steal late in the game was a big play as was setting up our left side attack all night.

However his next avoidable and untimely error seems like it is never too far away. Needlessly spilling the ball on tackle #1 immediately after stealing the ball and making a break downfield while we were trying to close out a win being an example of this.

There is no need to chase points on every play...

Last edited:

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
I don't want to rip on him as we won tonight and he does good things for this squad currently. Tonight like the 1-on-1 steal late in the game was a big play as was setting up our left side attack all night.

However his next avoidable and untimely error seems like it is never too far away. Needlessly spilling the ball on tackle #1 immediately after stealing the ball and making a break downfield while we were trying to close out a win being an example of this.

Yep that was such a bad error. He’s a liability IMO

Nordburg

First Grader
He got run down fairly easily on that break as well. I thought he was faster than that when playing for the tigers. Is it because he is 29 and not 19 anymore.
Maybe because it was late in the game,he’s a 5/8 and it was outside backs chasing him.Some people just find stupid reasons to pick on certain players.It was a great play at a crucial stage of the game,just a disappointing end

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
I don't want to rip on him as we won tonight and he does good things for this squad currently. Tonight like the 1-on-1 steal late in the game was a big play as was setting up our left side attack all night.

75% of his game is fine but his errors and composure is not where it should be for an experienced half getting paid in the mid to high range.

It’s why he’s never in the mix for origin. Cody Walker is making him look good at the moment. Remember he was only up against Garricks brother in law to be Tyran Wishart. Munster would have been a different prospect.

Time for Brooks to lift to the next level in the absence of DcE for the Origin period.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Going well for his first 3 months with a new squad… definitely has the skills to be a major asset in a settled spine towards the end of the year…
I was super disappointed that he lost that ball but then the flip side of that view is it was his heads-up play that effectively pushed the opposition back 40m…
It is his first year with a new squad and, for mine, it has been a positive start… Certainly offers a LOT more than the Schu did and seems a steal at the reported money 👏

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Took less than half a season to get more wins that his past 2 seasons combined.

No wonder Luke Brooks is smiling again.

FB_IMG_1716590968209.jpg

JBW

Reserve Grader
Even when DCE is out, I'd still play him at number 6 with Arthur in the 7. Let him stick to the same game plan he's had all year.

It's just the errors. A couple of times this year when he's been run down the ball has spilled out. One poor tackle 5 kick last night led to a Storm try. Overall I'm happy with him. But you do see glimpses of Tigers version of him

Surprisingly, his defence has been the best part of his game. It does show some mongrel.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I don’t think people are being unfair when they point to his errors…he is very experienced and unfortunately should not be making errors on a consistent basis; however, he is. It’s not a one off, it’s most weeks he gets close to pulling off a big play but falls short.

To take his game to the next level, he needs to iron these errors out of his game.

DanielTurbo888

Reserve Grader
Some unlucky errors in some big plays has undone a lot of his good work. I think he gets a little too excited at times and needs to learn to be more patient and inject himself at the right time. As for his speed he is still dangerous but more over a short distance

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
He got run down fairly easily on that break as well. I thought he was faster than that when playing for the tigers. Is it because he is 29 and not 19 anymore.
Short legs.. he's quick over 20 to 30 meters but playing an elite sport against elite athletes who are big tall units he's always going to get run down at 40m...
He's quick enough for a 5/8 to score and set up tries in the redzone and that's his job, when it comes to long breaks that's where his support team should come in.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14