Is Mestrov really our Messiah?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mestrov and Seibs have turned the club around.. like them or not ( and I have like both from day 1)

Mestrov is a very shrewd operator and looks to have the clubs interest firmly focused as his mandate.

Mestrov makes the hard calls and it appears Seibs is also not scared to do so too.

To me it seems like these 2 blokes have got an agenda to make Manly a long term force again and leave it in a better place when they move on.

You can't fault this.. and it's the only way for the club to go forward. Unity.. and that includes us fans.

They will make errors they are human but like all of us we move on... it just that I feel with Mestrov at the helm our bumpy roads will be a little less harsh on our ar#$

lol I started the thread around a year ago.( have not created one since) No prizes for guessing why! What bunch of pathetic losers people are using this to gloat now.No wonder people are disenchanted with this site. Some genius just flagged me as being an ironside because I strongly criticised Mestrov tenure a year ago. In reality it’s still early days as far as this season goes. If we don’t make the 8 this year! Mestrov and Seibold will be complete fails imo. So far it’s looking pretty good. I honestly hope it continues but footy can be a roller coaster ride.

Also Mestrov maybe a shining light for club and I hope he is. But claiming he is some kind of genius for putting a performance clause in the most publicly criticised contract offered last year is by no stretch of the imagination a genius call. Anyway let’s see how they apply it and how things pan out. It could still get pretty ugly for us.

Last edited:
Mestrov is leading the club well. He is letting loose the players who did not buy in to the new culture of the club.

The club needed to move on from the Hasler/Fulton era and get the club on track.

Its far from perfect yet. The good signs are that a lot of our home games in 2023 and this year are either sold out or nearly. The membership numbers are growing, the team seems more settled now and they are together which is huge.

Its early days to totally judge Mestrov, I listened to him at the footy club AGM and his vision for the club is really strong. He wants to engage with local stake holders and get our junior program on track. I believe he has the clubs interest at heart!

I can understand why one would doubt Seibold. The Broncos thing was a bad flame out, although unclear how much he was undermined.

However, I never understood the doubters on Mestrov. He had one of the hardest jobs in Australian sport pre-Manly - to turn NSW Greyhounds around after the industry was told to close down was an almighty challenge. And one he passed with flying colours due to his leadership and ability to make hard decisions. Plus, he loves Manly and is passionate about the club.

I can understand why one would doubt Seibold. The Broncos thing was a bad flame out, although unclear how much he was undermined.

However, I never understood the doubters on Mestrov. He had one of the hardest jobs in Australian sport pre-Manly - to turn NSW Greyhounds around after the industry was told to close down was an almighty challenge. And one he passed with flying colours due to his leadership and ability to make hard decisions. Plus, he loves Manly and is passionate about the club.
Yep agreed, never got it but, IMO some just love to criticise.

I think Mestrov has been impressive since he has come in

lol I started the thread around a year ago.( have not created one since) No prizes for guessing why! What bunch of pathetic losers people are using this to gloat now.No wonder people are disenchanted with this site. Some genius just flagged me as being an ironside because I strongly criticised Mestrov tenure a year ago. In reality it’s still early days as far as this season goes. If we don’t make the 8 this year! Mestrov and Seibold will be complete fails imo. So far it’s looking pretty good. I honestly hope it continues but footy can be a roller coaster ride.
What's an ironside?

What's an ironside?
A big ship with extra heavy duty steel plates on its side.
Is that supposed to be suggesting someone is thick? I'm falling into a trap here, aren't I? @:)

Mestrov is doing a bloody fantastic job, considering the crap he had to remove from a ship that was sinking faster than the Titanic !!…. 🚢
The Club now has direction on and off the field , and we as fans must remain loyal in this journey that will see us win another premiership very shortly thanks to Mestrov and his team.
PS. Quite frankly some of the comments in this forum over the last few weeks about the team and our administration (prior to the win against Penrith) have really pssed me off and just go to show how fickle we are as fans. Suggest you all pull your heads in and support the Club and if you are not happy go and support another team so you can criticise them …!!

Yes, it's a valid point @Mark from Brisbane, and one that's all over the internet. It's also one I like to use in everyday life as well, after learning some valuable lessons as a much younger man.

Say dumb stuff, and people think your dumb.

Say really dumb stuff, and people think your really dumb.

What's an ironside?
Canadian-born Hollywood actor Raymond Burr. He also played Perry Mason on TV.

But that’s not important right now.
IMG_9573.jpeg

Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one , AND is entitled to have one.

But don’t worry if you express one expect it to be dug up at some stage.

That’s Silvertails
Thank you for your Opinions Perspective feathered friend @Mark from Brisbane

A quote from a the Great Greek Philosopher and Ancestor of the Great Manly Premiership Winner Peter Peters .

OPINIONS ARE THE MEDIUM BETWEEN KNOWLEDGE AND IGNORANCE
End Quote

The Great Greek Plato in Deep Philosophical thought
1712814277472.png

PS. Quite frankly some of the comments in this forum over the last few weeks about the team and our administration (prior to the win against Penrith) have really pssed me off and just go to show how fickle we are as fans. Suggest you all pull your heads in and support the Club and if you are not happy go and support another team so you can criticise them …!!
The critical word from your post @Hotspur2014 is Criticism
And Quite Frankly feathered friend I disagree with your perception
The fact is Criticism is not a necessary bad thing
Criticism identifies areas of improvement and growth

And this philosophical quote by Norman Vincent Peale puts Criticism in the right perspective
THE TRUOBLE WITH MOST OF US IS THAT WE WOULD RATHER BE RUINED WITH PRAISE
THAN SAVED BY CRITICISM .
End Quote

Opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one , AND is entitled to have one.

But don’t worry if you express one expect it to be dug up at some stage.

That’s Silvertails
All good but people who want to dig stuff up so they can crap on people to build themselves up aren’t people imo to be held in any form of high regard, kind of bottom of the barrel. I hope that’s not silvertails mate….gee if Mestrov ends up being a dud which is still possible the last thing I would want to do is make an effort to dig up info on the people that disagrees to rub it in thats school yard kind of stuff. Loserville imo.

The critical word from your post @Hotspur2014 is Criticism
And Quite Frankly feathered friend I disagree with your perception
The fact is Criticism is not a necessary bad thing
Criticism identifies areas of improvement and growth

And this philosophical quote by Norman Vincent Peale puts Criticism in the right perspective
THE TRUOBLE WITH MOST OF US IS THAT WE WOULD RATHER BE RUINED WITH PRAISE
THAN SAVED BY CRITICISM .
End Quote
Hey Bozo,
I support constructive criticism from smart people ! That’s what makes us grow.
It’s negative criticism from “experts”not knowing the full facts and offering no alternative plan or solution that I am talking about.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8