Is Mestrov really our Messiah?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1712877751254.png

thanks to some great advice form @Disco and @Mark from Brisbane I have changed the title of this thread. I did not know I could do this…. Anyway I think this title is more appropriate as some here seem to think he is our messiah. I am personally not yet convinced and happy to be wrong. I don’t think the current situation with schuster is a stroke of genius by any stretch of the imagination. People are asking why in the hell did we even extend him last year at top elite money? A player who has only played 50 FG games. Also I don’t think the media we are getting now and will get in the future on this will be helpful to us at all during the season as this situation could get quite ugly…. Anyway I will judge him and Seibold on where we finish at the end of the year. Anything outside the top 8 is a big fat fail for me….especially with all the PR and self promoting that has being going on during the off season….
But any criticism needs to be constructive coz now he risks being crucified on here.

lol I started the thread around a year ago.( have not created one since) No prizes for guessing why! What bunch of pathetic losers people are using this to gloat now.No wonder people are disenchanted with this site. Some genius just flagged me as being an ironside because I strongly criticised Mestrov tenure a year ago. In reality it’s still early days as far as this season goes. If we don’t make the 8 this year! Mestrov and Seibold will be complete fails imo. So far it’s looking pretty good. I honestly hope it continues but footy can be a roller coaster ride.
tRiGgErEd

Our Immortal Messiah is in Heaven
But his Winning spirit will always be with us

Before Bob Fulton there were no Manly Grand final Wins
Bob Fulton our one and only Incomparable Immortal is our most Influential and Decorated player of all time and He Remains our Incomparable Immortal because he is beyond compare

The Incomparable Immortal ,the Messiah and the Benchmark of Manly Greatness
1712879947453.png

I certainly don’t consider Mestrov our messiah , but I do know he came from Greyhound NSW, which would be a real struggle to run, upgrade , get anything done , and apparently he did wonders whilst there.

And having played for the club maroon & white blood trickles through his veins.

So messiah , maybe , probably not , good hard working CEO, based on current results , absolutely.

As far as where we finish on the ladder this year I think that’s more in the hands of the injury gods than the coach.

If we can go a season keeping our best players on the field , top 4 should be achieved.

I don’t quite think we have the team to challenge just yet , but if we go top 4 in 24, then I’d suggest the challenge will be on in 25.

But any criticism needs to be constructive coz now he risks being crucified on here.
Criticism is a given , It is part of life and we must accept it as it is what it is .
The Great ones that take criticism and turn it to motivation to keep striving for success and use criticism to its absolute advantage.

We Need to Win a Premiership This Year
We Need to live up to the Manly Way and the only way to Manly Greatness
THE MANLY PREMIERSHIP WINNING WAY !

• No offfield dramas
  • New sponsors
  • Beating top 4 / 8 teams now
  • Added depth
  • Staff and players seem content / happy
  • Don't hear about financial concerns
  • Consistent sellouts at Brooky Oval

I'd say we are better placed on and off the field, than we have been in so long.
Good morning feathered friend and I hope all is well in your nest @Ryan
Dont count your Eagles before they hatch
and save you report card till the end of the year
Have a happy Manly day
1712883251738.png

Good morning feathered friend and I hope all is well in your nest @Ryan
Dont count your Eagles before they hatch
and save you report card till the end of the year
Have a happy Manly day
View attachment 26626

Mate, we dismantled Penrith. Unlike most have seen for a very, very long time. That's where we need to set the bar and expectation now.

That was without Jason Saab, Reuben Garrick, Matt Lodge and Josh Schuster (a fair whack of salary cap) in the team.

Time to kick some arse.

Mate, we dismantled Penrith. Unlike most have seen for a very, very long time. That's where we need to set the bar and expectation now.
Mate so did the Wooden spoon tigers last year
The only people that hear of April Premiers are April fools and I know you are much smarter than this

The Manly Benchmark has been set years ago
1712883776105.png

Agree 100% Mr Zimmerman. For the first time I recently blocked one particular spam-prolific poster and my Silvertails experience has changed from a frequently frustrating one to a thing of beauty as a result. I can’t recommend blocking highly enough!

Well played.

Block those that annoy mate - i have half a dozen pests blocked.
I like to get the full flavour of our forum
This is why I do not block any one
Every one is unique and interesting in their own way which makes our forum more interesting and more balanced

At then end of the day we are all a bunch of Manly nuts
and I love you all my feathered friends :h:
1712886298346.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8