Is the season launch on 5th of march at diggers free to all?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
The Fan Day is set for the 5th of February, as Vid already advised.

It will be at the Diggers. Full details:

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=21833&sea-eagles-members-and-fan-day---friday-5th-feb

Great to see the club thinking about supporters who don't live in or near the insular peninsular into consideration once again when organising the fan day - NOT! Why they can't have it on a Saturday to enable supporters like my kids and I to attend is a joke.......

I'm never happy Wheel.  Goldie's right, Friday night is just great for kids to hang out at the pokies getting their faces painted.  And getting to and from on a Friday night for us privileged lot South of the harbor is not easy.  Nobody's put any rational argument  as to why NOT Brookvale for the launch, except to grog up the sponsors.  Fair point, but to tack on the Fan day at Diggers is weird.  As I said in a former post the kids are the future loyal members.  To fob them off at the Diggers is no answer to a struggling fan base.  How many of you have seen families at Brookvale running around the ground with players.  It's magic and what the club should be about. 

DSM5 link said:
I'm never happy Wheel.  Goldie's right, Friday night is just great for kids to hang out at the pokies getting their faces painted.  And getting to and from on a Friday night for us privileged lot South of the harbor is not easy.  Nobody's put any rational argument  as to why NOT Brookvale for the launch, except to grog up the sponsors.  Fair point, but to tack on the Fan day at Diggers is weird.  As I said in a former post the kids are the future loyal members.  To fob them off at the Diggers is no answer to a struggling fan base.  How many of you have seen families at Brookvale running around the ground with players.  It's magic and what the club should be about. 

Your boy Lowe dropping the ball already.

Brookvale oval is a construction site at the moment and is closed off the the public.  You can't have kids running around a contruction area hence why the fan day is not at Brookvale oval. 

The Diggers have been a sponsor of the club for a few years now and it is only right that they return the favour.  Saturday clashes with sport so there is no day that will keep everyone happy.

If Brooky is closed for construction, why not hold it at the training ground in Narrabeen?
At least holding it on a Saturday gives everyone the option of attending - not just locals!
Fair enough holding the launch at the Diggers but the fan day should be held outdoors to enable the kids to have a run around and a chance to meet their favourite players. Maybe even get a chance to pass a footy with them.....  ???

Like the explanation says, The Diggers is picturesque. I'm glad that peoples perception of the team will be there, instead of the 1970's home ground, and / or a delapitated Leagues club.

Well done to the club imo.

The 2 events are totally separate and with separate purposes.

The "formal" season launch is to allow the club and its sponsors and other supporters to get together to "formally" launch the season and introduce the team and any new players and officials.

Speeches, a sit down lunch and a couple of drinks is normal in these types of circumstances and generally not suitable for younger fans.

The fan day is informal (and free!) and more family friendly and as DSM5 rightly says is generally a great day for the kids to meet their heroes.
This is typically held at Brooky due to the huge numbers that attend but as mentioned the ground is a construction site at the moment.

Finding an alternate venue on the Northern Beaches (Where the majority of the clubs support is based) that can accommodate and cater to hundreds of people whilst not conflicting with their "normal" patronage is difficult but the Diggers (one of our long term sponsors) has a very large secure outdoor area with plenty of grassy areas and room for the kids to run around safely and there is a large outdoor and shaded playground for them to also enjoy (not face painting by the pokies)

There are plenty of food and beverage options for both adults and kids (kid’s menus are very reasonably priced) so I’d imagine many will feed the kids there and make a bit of an evening out with the family - it is a safe well operated family friendly venue.

The hours that the fan day is held for will allow most people to at least get there for an hour or so hopefully.

Remember that the proceeding week is the first full week the kids are back at school so if the fan day was held earlier then there would have been some people still on holidays and that we have a trial at Redfern on the Sunday so a Saturday would have not been ideal - plus it also conflicts with all manner of other family activities that people typically have on that day.

Of course you can’t please all the people all of the time (some people none of the time!) but I think that the club have done what they can and are offering 2 great events for fans to attend?

I have no issues about the club launch being at the Diggers but if we wanted to attend the fan day, I would have to take the day off work and take my kids out of school to be able to make it from Canberra!

I fully sympathise Goldie and a shame that it looks like you may miss out.
I'll PM you to see if I can do something for the kids?
Cheers
Vidmar

Thanks Vid - greatly appreciated!
Any news on when the next Football Club / Manly Old Boys function is happening? Missed the last one due to work commitments.....

DSM5 link said:
I'd like a night out with Choc Vid.  Can you tee that up? 

Sorry, he's already taken...LOL

Goldie - There are Football Club functions/ex-player get togethers already scheduled for the Round 5 game (First Brooky home game vs Sharks) and also the last round vs the Doggies at Brooky (There will also be a repeat of the previously well attended Travelling Supporthas luncheon dependant on the day/time of the game?).

The Sharks game is a Sunday 2pm KO (April 11th) so the function will likely be pre-game at the Leagues club.

As with the last one it will be free entry for current Football Club members - non-members can pay $25 at the Leagues club reception and we'll give them a free Football Club membership...

It's usual when we have Sunday arvo games that there is also a player presentation after the game back at the club and players are available for photo ops and autographs etc but will need to hear whether that is confirmed as yet but a good game to get to for out of town supporters if possible

Cheers
Vidmar

Yep - the only saving grace from coming up from Canberra to watch that crap game against the Sharks, was that my eldest was able to meet the players at the Leagues Club afterwards!

Are you referring to the hiding we took Goldie all those seasons ago, 07 I think.  The last couple of games there have been fun to watch.  Creaming the Sharks is one of the best things.  The game in 08 was just magic. 

Nah DSM5, I am talking about the crap game of '09 where we were absolutely dreadful and extremely lucky to come away with a win! Spoke with Ox at the leagues club and even he admitted they were lucky.....

That was one of the worst performances I have even seen from a Manky side, even worse that some of the hidings we took at Brookie in the Peter Sharp era

SEA EAGLES MEMBERS AND FANS DAY
Harbord Diggers
Friday, 5th February
3:30pm - 7:00pm

from MSWE site.

... seriously what were they thinking? If I drove at 200km/h I think I could get there for the last 15 minutes (prb everyone has left by then anyway).

FAN DAY?  FAN 3 1/2 hours more like it.  Just how is the fan recruitment going anyway?   

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8