Is the tide turning?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it just me or is the tide slowly turning for us? Despite our injuries, we have a relatively easy draw from here on in, including 5 games at Brookie. If we don't give up and not get any more injuries, I reckon we could have a really good finish this year like last season! Our players seem pretty fired up about Sunday and the Panthers have Hiku, Soward and Segeyaro all out. Manly by 4, with Tom Trobjevic to get the man of the match. We seem to also have good mentality, as we always come good right at the end of the game.

Remain vigilant, be patient and never give up on this team. This week looks promising!
Oh, I forgot to say in my earlier post, yes it's just you.

Actually, while the ladder positions may be vastly different.....if I can steal from basketball for a moment Manly have actually beaten the Sharks in our 'season series'.

We won 22-12 at Brookie in round 3 and lost 20-12 at Shark Park in round 11. Technically we won 34-32 :p
He who laughs last.....

Oh, I forgot to say in my earlier post, yes it's just you.

Yeah I thought so. I was just seeing if anyone else here still thinks we have a chance. I will remain optimistic, and I can understand why you feel the way you do! But in times like this us Manly fans need to stick together and support the boys as much as we can! :)

Do you reckon we can beat the Panthers on Sunday? I reckon we can with Turbo out wide and the speed of Parcell from dummy half.

It will be nice to see the boys put all the match fixing bullcrap aside and play some good footy!

I read somewhere Barrett saying that we had 10 different spines in 13 games because of injury. Don't know how people expect us to be top 8 with that, on top of everything else.

The main complaint is always about how disjointed we look. Well how can we look cohesive without the ability to field a consistent core? Anyone who's played sport at any level knows if you keep shuffling the roster (forced in our case) you'll be all over the shop.
Like 2015? Our injury situation last year was worse, wasn't it? All we got from Zorba, Penn, etc during 2015 was a stream of "not good enough" comments, zero positivity, comments about poor recruitment choices (esp Gift) and no recognition of injury tolls. In contrast, this year, not a peep of criticism from them. And official talk of courageous losses, and heavy injury tolls. Struggling to understand the difference.

Last year a huge deal was made out of Manly's loss to Parra with the season on the line as proof of the need to dump 2V. Despite Manly immediately prior putting together a series of impressive wins against top teams also with the season on the line. This year the season is again on the line and Manly is repeatedly failing, yet nothing similar is being said. Do different standards apply?

Like 2015? Our injury situation last year was worse, wasn't it?

No, it wasn't.

Also, the standards that are applied are whatever standards the owners wish to apply. People need to realise that and then get over it.

I have every confidence that we will stumble from one disaster to the next until this fetid, festering, corrupt season will eventually and thankfully comes to a merciful conclusion.

If the Warriors play against the Knights like they did last week when they toweled up the Donkeys.....Newcastle won't get within a bulls roar of them.

But this is the New Zealand Warriors. They have a history of playing like champs one week, also-rans the next.

No, it wasn't.

Also, the standards that are applied are whatever standards the owners wish to apply. People need to realise that and then get over it.

Well mate thats the problem. The owners have no idea that they have no idea.
Saying that I think we will win this week despite there incompetence to run a football club or a business.

Like 2015? Our injury situation last year was worse, wasn't it? All we got from Zorba, Penn, etc during 2015 was a stream of "not good enough" comments, zero positivity, comments about poor recruitment choices (esp Gift) and no recognition of injury tolls. In contrast, this year, not a peep of criticism from them. And official talk of courageous losses, and heavy injury tolls. Struggling to understand the difference.

Last year a huge deal was made out of Manly's loss to Parra with the season on the line as proof of the need to dump 2V. Despite Manly immediately prior putting together a series of impressive wins against top teams also with the season on the line. This year the season is again on the line and Manly is repeatedly failing, yet nothing similar is being said. Do different standards apply?
The word that you are looking for is agenda.

The agenda was for a complete takeover with the removal of all staff, and this was achieved and the New Era ushered in.
But, as @Loobs says, it's the prerogative of an Owner to do as they please @:cool:

The spectacular collapse of the on field and now off field results, are thus 100% their problem.
No more Partners or Staff can be smeared via the media as everyone at Manly now, is there by the Owners' design :rolleyes:

The loss last year was around 1.5 million, with a Major Sponsor and no scandals.
This year the losses look unlimited and we are only at the halfline point :eek:

Owning a sporting franchise is an expensive indulgence :tmi:

Let's just hope for a rare win at the Fortress on Sunday :handok:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4