Is this the biggest mistake or what?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopoate's spotting out in the southwestern suburbs, leading to his recruitment into the Manly-Warringah juniors, could come to rank as one of the biggest (unwitting) strategic recruiting errors made by the Manly club. Right up there with recruiting ZtH from Parramatta in 1969. I imagine Bob Fulton played a role in both decisions.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-good-men-of-manly-boys-20151024-gkhkiw.html
Interview with Hoppa regarding the coaching appointment. He's sick of the finger pointing by media and the public in relation to his appointment.

On a serious note, despite his on and off field dramas, he could potentially be quite a good role model for the younger kids. He is apparently well respected at the junior level which has obviously led to his appointment. Despite the flak he will get for the rest of his life, if the club is willing to give him a go then why can't we?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-good-men-of-manly-boys-20151024-gkhkiw.html
Interview with Hoppa regarding the coaching appointment. He's sick of the finger pointing by media and the public in relation to his appointment.

On a serious note, despite his on and off field dramas, he could potentially be quite a good role model for the younger kids. He is apparently well respected at the junior level which has obviously led to his appointment. Despite the flak he will get for the rest of his life, if the club is willing to give him a go then why can't we?

Respected...WTF.
His last junior coaching role, he belted the opposition coach on the sidelines. He should not be let near a footy field let alone at manly looking after our juniors.
The guy is a disgrace

Respected...WTF.
His last junior coaching role, he belted the opposition coach on the sidelines. He should not be let near a footy field let alone at manly looking after our juniors.
The guy is a disgrace
I didn't know of that.
What happened and when?
By some chance was the other coach giving him the finger?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/for...unching-opponent/story-e6frf3ou-1226083281327

This is the incident in question. According to the article he was attempting to break up a brawl when hit from behind.

I suppose there is always two sides to an argument but he will always be tarnished with the same brush regardless of the fact that he may just be a good coach in the making, although the results of the game in question don't reflect this.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/for...unching-opponent/story-e6frf3ou-1226083281327

This is the incident in question. According to the article he was attempting to break up a brawl when hit from behind.

I suppose there is always two sides to an argument but he will always be tarnished with the same brush regardless of the fact that he may just be a good coach in the making, although the results of the game in question don't reflect this.

Keep searching the net, there is pages on the piece of trash.

Last edited:
Forget everything else three questions have to be asked and all answered in the affirmative, if not then the appointment should not happen (regardless of who it is):

1. Can person x develop those players under his tutelage?
2. Does person x have the experience /knowledge to be able to react /adjust to changes within games?
3. Is person x someone who we as an organisation wish to be the face of our organisation?

I don't know much about Hoppa as a player having only moved here 7 years ago, but in that time I know who Hoppa is from the media reporting of multiple unsavory incidents. As such I don't quite understand why you would appoint someone like him in a very focal position. Integrate him slowly and let him prove that the brain snaps are past, but this seems like a very big PR gamble by the club

Why would any parents move their kids to play in the North Sydney comp?

One way to kill their careers.

Well this is only the first Act, so it's a bit tough to say it stinks already. At least wait until intermission before passing judgment!
I never saw the second act of Les Miz. Never will. #lifestooshort -#quicktojudge

I'd heard rumours of more recent controversies so I guess the NRL has too. Poor John. I hope this doesn't make him so angry that he assaults people as he is prone to do. Then again if he does he's got the names of two lawyers handy...

Poor Barrett comes out in support of this grub yesterday, and the NRL @rsehole him later that day.
Lets hope his timing is better on the training paddock...lol
The first time I can say that I agree with what the NRL have done, pity those in the club could not see it earlier...Things just keep looking better by the day...(.if only we can get Coco Joy to change their colours now)

The NRL are partly responsible for him being a coach and now they won't allow it.
Either they know something we don't or they just don't want him influencing minors

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6