Is this what we want the game to be ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Referees need to be accountable.
In depth review by coaches and refs explain decisions.
Stats on refs made public showing % of correct decisions for key things like forward pass, six again, how long teams can hold down and penalties.

Why can’t the ref say what the 6 again is for and the broadcasters display it up as quickly as someone can select the option in their computer system , the 6 again signal comes through delayed anyway.

That way we can start to see the hard stats for it and so can the coaches.

????? Any thoughts on this

I’m not a fan of the rule although understand the intent behind it. But I’d rather they just sin bin players for a team’s repeated infringements. I’d even consider a mandatory sin-bin for a team’s 6th infringement; and every 3 infringements thereafter (or something similar). Perhaps reduce it to a 5 min sin bin rather than 10 minutes (which could be retained for foul play).

Last edited:
No. They have turned the game to absolute s%##. No one wants to see a try-athons. I’d rather the wrestle than watching this. The attacking players are way too fit in today’s game and it’s all about momentum. Once a team has repeat 6 agains their defence is shot.
One of the best games I’ve ever been at was the week 1 finals match against the roosters in 2013, albeit we lost it was an absolute grind, back and forth and no defence cracking.
I’d rather watch a match that ends up as 10-6 than a match that ends up 39-38.
They need to abolish the rule and just be stricter with blowing penalties and sending players for 10.

Every time the NRL come up with a “solution” to combat coaches exploiting a rule they seem to not look at the big picture.
Eg- when teams kicked it dead intentionally, they came up with the seven tackle set.
In essence a good idea but that became any error by the attacking team incurred a seven tackle set. Why should the defensive team be rewarded just because a player dropped the ball whilst trying to score?

Now the set restart gets given out heaps in the first twenty minutes whilst teams are feeling each other out but not later in the game when the fatigue sets in. It’s like Union, we’ve got NFI of what the ref has seen and the stupid thing is that captains can’t challenge it but it could be a definitive call in the match.

I’d rather they just get the basics right then tweak rules when they’ve got them right.

Just as an aside, something to ponder.
Why is it that they let players just roll the ball under their foot with no intention of touching it but when they try to play the ball properly but it bobbles a bit the ref calls it a knock on?

Every time the NRL come up with a “solution” to combat coaches exploiting a rule they seem to not look at the big picture.
Eg- when teams kicked it dead intentionally, they came up with the seven tackle set.
In essence a good idea but that became any error by the attacking team incurred a seven tackle set. Why should the defensive team be rewarded just because a player dropped the ball whilst trying to score?

Now the set restart gets given out heaps in the first twenty minutes whilst teams are feeling each other out but not later in the game when the fatigue sets in. It’s like Union, we’ve got NFI of what the ref has seen and the stupid thing is that captains can’t challenge it but it could be a definitive call in the match.

I’d rather they just get the basics right then tweak rules when they’ve got them right.

Just as an aside, something to ponder.
Why is it that they let players just roll the ball under their foot with no intention of touching it but when they try to play the ball properly but it bobbles a bit the ref calls it a knock on?
Definitely agree with you on the seven tackle set. I’ve always thought it made more sense that the seven tackle set should only be awarded where a kick goes touch in goal from more than 30m out. Anything within 30m is attacking and not what the rule was designed to address - teams kicking the ball dead in goal to take an attacking fullback/winger out of the game.

You guys have it all wrong , it’s BBL 2.0, all for the Millenials who absolutely LOVE IT!!

Us old farts who watched the games in the 70’s aren’t the ones this is aimed at.

Get used to it , it’ll be staying.

You guys have it all wrong , it’s BBL 2.0, all for the Millenials who absolutely LOVE IT!!

Us old farts who watched the games in the 70’s aren’t the ones this is aimed at.

You're right. Designed for people with the attention span of a gnat.
The Uber eats crowd.

Next, a try will have points awarded based on how many "likes" it gets on Instatwitface.

I know I'm an old fart because I like test matches and won't watch 20/20.

The game right now is a you score, I score boreathon! There needs to be some balance in the game. These six agains are at the discretion of the referee and its now a game of possession and who uses it the most effectively. The best game of the finals was the Rorters v Raiders game, points were earned, defences were strong and it was an end to end battle in the balance until the death. We need more games like that especially finals.

It will be interesting to see what will happen now that everyone has a year’s worth of experience under the rule and a full off season to plot and plan for it. I can’t see them changing anything until the end of next year.

I hate the highlight package-style games like 20/20. These games have no heart, no substance and I’d hate for the footy to go down this route. I agree the wrestle needed addressing and it’s hard to say what the answer is: possibly a tweaking of the six again somehow. It is such a subjective ruling and too easily dished out at times; however, we need to remember it is new for the refs as well and now there is only one of them. Refs have so much to remember, watch and apply under fatigue in a high pressure contest. Tough gig.

I'm not against the 6 again rule I'm just against how liberally it is being applied

I kind of expected we'd go from say 15 penalties a game to 10 with 7, 6 agains.

But instead it feels like we have gone from 15 penalties to 10 with 12, 6 agains

They are handed out like candy

The thing about 20/20 cricket is that it did broaden the fan base. No fans have been lost because there is still Test and ODI cricket - there is a format for every cricket supporter. However, rugby league only has one product so tinkering comes with a much greater risk of losing fans.

How would everyone feel if ruck offences were penalised as they always have been in the past except for in the attacking teams 20m red zone? Then they can give the 6 again if there was an infringement.
A team marching up field with 6 again at the moment absolutely kills defences. It’s way over the top.
And to clarify I’m not an oldie, I’m relatively young. But this modern game is crap.

How would everyone feel if ruck offences were penalised as they always have been in the past except for in the attacking teams 20m red zone? Then they can give the 6 again if there was an infringement.
A team marching up field with 6 again at the moment absolutely kills defences. It’s way over the top.
And to clarify I’m not an oldie, I’m relatively young. But this modern game is crap.
I think that idea has merit rules but I would still rather the refs just use the sin-bin for repeated infringements.

The problem with the new rules, particularly the set restart rule, is that they were brought in without any consultation and without being tested first. It was "V'landys is saving rugby league from itself - we may as well let him change the rules as well". The fact that such major changes happened in the middle of the season was remarkable.

And supposing we do change the way we recruit and coach to account for these changes. Who's to say the rules won't be changed again if V'landys and Channel 9 decide it's in their interests?

The Uber eats crowd.

Next, a try will have points awarded based on how many "likes" it gets on Instatwitface.

I love test cricket , oh sure it can be slow at times but that’s part of the game.

However I watch BBL purely because there’s **** all on TV over summer and it’s entertaining but it sure isn’t “ traditional “.

I made a point about the massive score lines in another thread and it got me thinking so I dug a little deeper.

In the finals series, when theoretically the best sides are playing one another, these are the average score per match.

2016 - 39.1
2017 - 35
2018 - 36.9
2019 - 35.5
2020 - 56.2 :oops:

Seriously ? I mean, entertainment and all that crap but stupid me still considers it a sport.
Teams now get on a roll on the back of a few cheap 6 again's (which are handed out like trophies at a junior presentation day) and the opposition really struggles to arrest that momentum.

In the 10 minute period where the Squeels scored all their points last night, they made 3 tackles. 3. That's all. No wonder they ran roughshod all over the Vermin. And mini periods of domination like this have been happening all year. Remember our game against the Tigpies ?

The contest between attack and defence needs to be balanced so that the better team can win. Not the team that gets a series of 6 agains gifted to them by the refs.

I might be off base but to me, this has turned into the rugby league version of 20/20 cricket. Let the batsmen hit the bowlers all over the place so we can blast fire into the sky and "entertain" people. As if the game wasn't entertaining enough.

If we're not careful it will become the television version of reality TV. The gastronomic version of a microwave dinner.

Just my view.
Thank you for your view feathered friend as this great forum of ours gives all of us fans to express our views .
I like the faster game as it exposes the weaknesses and punishes them
It exposes mediocre players , unfit players , slow players , players that are not focused or disciplined
The bar has been raised and mediocre players will be erased from the game
These new rules have raised the bar for players to perform at higher levels for 80 minutes
Our game has evolved to its highest ever level .

The Uber eats crowd.

Lol at the “ Uber Eats” crowd , but totally spot on , too lazy to make a sandwich for lunch so order it in ( busy on Instagram more likely ).

I think that idea has merit rules but I would still rather the refs just use the sin-bin for repeated infringements.

Taking players out would have far more impact than more 6 agains.

BUT that doesn’t speed the game up so they wouldn’t consider that.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11