Is Weekes the next Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Concerns me that despite the obvious talent being shown by this young player, there has been no sign of him signing up on an upgraded and longer contract. Is on the open market and the vultures are circling. Surely the recruitment people can see the kid is a keeper. Or is he to be given a free pass to head elsewhere. Gutherson revisited.

I am quite concerned that we will lose Weekes, maybe Parra maybe not. Part of the Woods deal is widely anticipated to be GCKT promoted to the 30, and that would be a good thing. But when that happens, either this year or next year, I can't see what we do with Weekes. He has made clear a preference to play in the spine but except as injury cover you can't see how.

I think the club would obviously be working on re-signing him but I also expect Weekes is holding off to build his value and profile to attract more offers.

Can't blame him if he gets offered good money and a fullback or 5/8 slot elsewhere but I hope we keep him

So Bear ... a couple of questions ..

1) How much are you offering him to sign a contract now?

2) What position is he going to play to earn that money?

Well I'm not loaded with cash like these footballers Woodsie. I've saved a few dollars for a rainy day. Maybe I can sell my body but I suspect there wouldn't be any takers...unless they were desperate. As for position. Centre. He would thrive there with that skill set he has. Yes I know that means Parker loses out but I have Parker as my lock...unless Burbo chooses it.

Tigers should make a play for him. Their whole spine is useless except for Api.

We wont keep Weekes. He is too good to be a bench player. We should be playing him in the centres to at least be playing 80 minutes. Cant see him staying.

Hard to see Weekes wanting to stay if we don't have a position for him. Turbo is our fullback for as long as he wants/as long as his body allows, Schuster is only 21 and finally making the 5/8 spot his own this year and DCE is unfortunately sticking around into his late 30's with Fainu and Humphreys still coming through as well. We've had a chance to play him in a position he could potentially play this weekend against a weak opposition but have gone back to Harper instead.

We wont keep Weekes. He is too good to be a bench player. We should be playing him in the centres to at least be playing 80 minutes. Cant see him staying.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure the club recognises his talent and is working on a plan to use it if possible.
However if we only end up losing backup talent with little or no NRL experience, we'll probably have done quite well.

Perfect opportunity to throw him a chance at 1st spot and they bring back soul glow. Unbelievable. Place is starting to smell like nothing has changed. Woods for 2 young up and comer forwards and now Weekes not given a shot instead picking a proven underperformer. F.M.D.

As stated earlier, Weekes could be the successor to DCE, even as early as next year.
I know DCE is signed for a couple more years but the 'Fins could offer him a longer-term contract which would be a wise move for them and for DCE.

Perfect opportunity to throw him a chance at 1st spot and they bring back soul glow. Unbelievable. Place is starting to smell like nothing has changed. Woods for 2 young up and comer forwards and now Weekes not given a shot instead picking a proven underperformer. F.M.D.
If Des was here this forum would be blowing up

As stated earlier, Weekes could be the successor to DCE, even as early as next year.
I know DCE is signed for a couple more years but the 'Fins could offer him a longer-term contract which would be a wise move for them and for DCE.
Doubt it would be a good move for the phins to sign DCE. He had his chance.

O’Sullivan is a pretty handy player minus the torn pec and Katoa is a gun.

Fingers crossed DCE will move to a #9/#14 role mid season next year.

I recall a quote from him saying that he knew his role in the side would change with the new contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4