It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
“We don’t need speculation, we will make an announcement when we have found the right pers

My jaunticed view of this comment is that we will appoint the first coach desperate enough to accept the current assistant staff ...... or if I was unkind .... low enough in self esteem to take slops .....

Funny story about ex coach Graham Lowe:
I'm currently in hospital having a sleep assessment to see if I have sleep apnea. They show me an information DVD. Graham Lowe (who has sleep apnea) starts talking about his experiences. He says he remembered falling asleep while watching Manly in a game at Brookvale. He goes on to say the players wouldn't be happy knowing he gave them a verbal at half time if they knew he had fallen asleep watching them in the first half....
Bring back Lowe I say. He had better results while sleeping than Barrett had while he was wide awake.
Graham Lowe strength as a coach was that he was a great communicator and motivator .He had the ability to inspire players to lift and to play for each other .
Graham is well known for his resilience in overcoming adversity during his life .
Found this interesting article ...
An inspirational rugby league coach, Graham Lowe gained an enormous amount of respect from both those who played under him and those who looked on. He is the only coach of rugby league in the world to have won championships in three different countries - New Zealand, Australia and Great Britain. Graham turned around both Wigan and the Manly Sea Eagles and was the first non-Queenslander to coach the State of Origin side.
Graham's coaching career is littered with success, drama and controversy. In his personal life, Graham has overcome major health problems and is now passionate about the promotion of awareness of men's health issues.

Admired for his honesty, integrity and loyalty, Graham believes New Zealanders need to change their attitude and get back to their traditional sporting values. He says that when he left New Zealand 20 years ago sporting people had an attitude that the Australians have now and he has noticed a big change in the way sport is coached, administered and supported here.

As well as discussing New Zealand and his observations of philosophies here, Graham's presentation covers teamwork, working together and everyone playing a part in the big picture. He uses examples from his coaching career to draw strong parallels between sport and business. Graham strongly believes in not letting things get you down and that balance in life is what really matters.

Some thoughts on today's Tele article about Penn.

Applying some logic here to 3 "currently interviewing" candidates;

1. Cartwrong as contracted assistant coach is in the mix but does he meet the "fans will be happy" criteria? I cannot imagine Penn is that stupid thinking that Hoss can turn things around.
2. Des Hasler - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
3. Geoff Toovey - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
4. Ivan Cleary - Do we risk a 1-2 year fill in?
5. Wayne Bennett - Couldn't imagine we would be negotiating with him but maybe "fans will be happy"
6. Chad Randall - Manly bloodline, fans would be happy but does he risk another rookie?
I think Penn said ''fans will be happy'' because he thought he had Michael Maguire's signature. If the forum was this week, I'm not sure he would be using the same words lol

Any self assured Coach would take us to prove that his methods work.
Maguire's excuse is as weak as Baz's :wait:

Just like Brown with the Knights, no one would blame them if they didn't get us into the Top 8 now that we are deemed a basket case @:cool:

The coach that accepts the head coach job at Manly will be a coach that has the balls courage and tenacity to accept the challange and responsibility

Just like Brown with the Knights, no one would blame them if they didn't get us into the Top 8 now that we are deemed a basket case @:cool:
Brown had balls to take on the Knights as the Knights were a basket case . Coaches like Brown that accept a challange and responsibility can only command respect from their players fans and colleagues. I have a lot of respect for Browns tenacity and from what I have seen his team resembles his character on the field .
I have no respect for quitters .

http_%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2016%2F04%2F18%2F19%2F28%2Fbarrett_1000.jpg

I kinda thought the same with Maguire, thought he would relish the challenge and take us on - the only way is up and when improvement is shown you go back to Penn and say I need this and this to get us to the next level.
We've shown we've got points in us so a decent coach that is defence minded should reap some benefits.

To me the Brisbane job is on a hiding to nothing especially if you're not a Qlder, they expect success and with their catchment area they should always be Top 4 or thereabouts.

The Brown comparison is good, he came out with honesty and a vision of who they needed and who they could get.
He didn't promise the world but said he wanted a team that the city could be proud of and look at the crowds they got this year, they could see their team having a go each week and to be fair
they probably felt a little let down that they didn't make the top 8.

A Message to Mr Penn who I respect as a successful business man .
As you know Mr Penn every successful business is built on satisfied customers .
The Silvertails forum is the place to be if you want to hear what your Manly supporter customers think .
I hope you can take note before you select our next coach .
Customer-Relationships.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10