It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
What probably concerns me more than anything is my "percieved" nature of Penn ...... that is the apparent failure of every professional and personal relationship that he has had with everybody connected to the club...

I ask a simpe question .... (I don't know the answer) .... how many of the past directors, shareholders, CEO's, offices staff, coaches, players and others do you think are mates with Penn or willl send him a Xmas card .....

Whilst being liked is not a prerequistite for an owner ..... some level of respect is ..... and the "apparent" lack of both is a worry ...

As I stated .. I don't know .... but I do know that Max Delemege will probably get a few thousand .....
Wasn’t it bozo that fell out with Cleary over family stuff? It prob sounds like I’m a huge fan. I’m actually not. I just think there is too much that is attributed to them and it creates a huge swirling vibe of negativity. Which I’m not into.

Clean slate starts now for me. All the carryover drama is done. Salary cap investigation is over. Dodgy third parties are gone. I’m giving them a chance. Hopefully they appoint a good coach or whoever they appoint gets the squad playing for each other. The cattle are them and I’m keeping a positive, open mind

He would for the purposes of pretending we are in discussions with multiple options. Otherwise we sound desperate. I'm assuming the 3 options are Barrett, Cartwright and Randall
We really are fudged if that's the case, makes the NE sound like a nice dream.

The three candidates that have been shortlisted by Penn...

198590c65a824b69a3b21203a05dd7c3.jpg

Maguire got sacked by Souths as at the end he seemed incapable of any game plan other than five hits ups and a kick. In effect Souths had the worst and most predictable attacking style in the League, and had become easy beats..

I think Manly may have dodged a bullet by missing out on him.
We could sign him for a year and then sack him when we win the comp

Some thoughts on today's Tele article about Penn.

Applying some logic here to 3 "currently interviewing" candidates;

1. Cartwrong as contracted assistant coach is in the mix but does he meet the "fans will be happy" criteria? I cannot imagine Penn is that stupid thinking that Hoss can turn things around.
2. Des Hasler - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
3. Geoff Toovey - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
4. Ivan Cleary - Do we risk a 1-2 year fill in?
5. Wayne Bennett - Couldn't imagine we would be negotiating with him but maybe "fans will be happy"
6. Chad Randall - Manly bloodline, fans would be happy but does he risk another rookie?

The main thing for me is getting a change of coaching that will benefit the development of Tom, Kelly and to a lesser extent, Walker. And I am sure there are experienced coaches out there who would love to introduce new structures into a side that would complement these player's abilities.
Nothing worse than watching talented young players age without getting a premiership (I've heard from other club's supporters;)).

edit: I know Walker's had a premiership ring

Funny story about ex coach Graham Lowe:
I'm currently in hospital having a sleep assessment to see if I have sleep apnea. They show me an information DVD. Graham Lowe (who has sleep apnea) starts talking about his experiences. He says he remembered falling asleep while watching Manly in a game at Brookvale. He goes on to say the players wouldn't be happy knowing he gave them a verbal at half time if they knew he had fallen asleep watching them in the first half....
Bring back Lowe I say. He had better results while sleeping than Barrett had while he was wide awake.

Some thoughts on today's Tele article about Penn.

Applying some logic here to 3 "currently interviewing" candidates;

1. Cartwrong as contracted assistant coach is in the mix but does he meet the "fans will be happy" criteria? I cannot imagine Penn is that stupid thinking that Hoss can turn things around.
2. Des Hasler - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
3. Geoff Toovey - meets the "fans will be happy" criteria but is the bridge irreparable?
4. Ivan Cleary - Do we risk a 1-2 year fill in?
5. Wayne Bennett - Couldn't imagine we would be negotiating with him but maybe "fans will be happy"
6. Chad Randall - Manly bloodline, fans would be happy but does he risk another rookie?
Got the link for that mate or can someone post it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10