It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
If Barrett has indeed been asked to stay for the entire 2019 season, maybe our new coach has commitments and is unavailable until 2020?
Keep it up silvertails we’re doing a good job propping up the story that keeping Trent for 2019 is legit. Let’s keep pretending it isn’t simply brinksmanship on the way to a clean break.

Here we go @Mark from Brisbane #next week
I spoke to the club today to put a hold on my auto members renewal ( 3 between my kids and I) Had a very pleasant lady on the line and she ask me why. I told her I am waiting to see who and when will the new coach be announced. Her response was " I can't tell you who it is but as a Manly supporter I'll be very happy when it's announced next week"
I must admit after talking to the young lady I'm very optimistic about our new coaching staff.

Funny I happened to call today for the exact same reason.

The lady was indeed very pleasant but I got not questions, just "okay that is done for you now".........................that said mine is the 3 game membership worth about $80 so not quite the valued client hahahaha

Funny I happened to call today for the exact same reason.

The lady was indeed very pleasant but I got not questions, just "okay that is done for you now".........................that said mine is the 3 game membership worth about $80 so not quite the valued client hahahaha
Maybe they realized that the clue ended up here on silvertails, and they have now clammed up.

Has to be someone who played for Manly otherwise the woman at the club would not have said Manly supporters will be very pleased. Des and 2V are the obvious ones that come to mind but then again it might be someone out of left field no on expected who was a former Manly man. The Walker Bros? Watmough?
What have the Walker Bros done that makes them appear on most coaching jobs waiting list. Won a comp with Ipswich didn't they???

I reckon a premiership winning team would be

Head Coach - Toovey
Recruitment - Hasler
Performance - Ballin

What have the Walker Bros done that makes them appear on most coaching jobs waiting list. Won a comp with Ipswich didn't they???
They have a winning record of something like 58% in a club with very limited resources.
They also reinvented certain aspects of the game through innovation.
They have been coaching the top grade in Queensland for eight seasons.
They have much better credentials than Barrett and Seabold, the latter proving that you don't need to be an overpriced dictator to succeed in the NRL.
Ben Walker played for Manly/Northern Eagles so he fits the mantra of knowing the Manly culture.

They have a winning record of something like 58% in a club with very limited resources.
They also reinvented certain aspects of the game through innovation.
They have been coaching the top grade in Queensland for eight seasons.
They have much better credentials than Barrett and Seabold, the latter proving that you don't need to be an overpriced dictator to succeed in the NRL.
Ben Walker played for Manly/Northern Eagles so he fits the mantra of knowing the Manly culture.

We should get Rip Taylor then based on success in the Top Grade. And 16 games for Manly don't mean you know the culture. I don't include anything Northern Eagles

The terrible thought running through me is that we’re getting our hopes up for Tooves or yes....even Des, but I just can’t help but think of all the letdowns we’ve had from the Penns decisions over the years.

Can we really trust them to get it right now?

God I hope so.....@:worried:

I think we need to temper our views on who it might be, and no I don’t know who it is but let’s not get too far in front of ourselves!

Here we go @Mark from Brisbane #next week
I spoke to the club today to put a hold on my auto members renewal ( 3 between my kids and I) Had a very pleasant lady on the line and she ask me why. I told her I am waiting to see who and when will the new coach be announced. Her response was " I can't tell you who it is but as a Manly supporter I'll be very happy when it's announced next week"
I must admit after talking to the young lady I'm very optimistic about our new coaching staff.
Maybe she meant more along the lines of the issue being resolved rather than the actual person appointed itself?

Not to be negative, and yes, manly is sorely missing some of the infgredients that made us great. But why do people want Toovey? Coz he was a great player? Coz he got shafted first time around? I love him as an ex manly player but I remain extremely unconvinced he was a great coach.

No time for sentiment, get the right man for the job. I don't care who he played for or where he comes from, nor do I care if it will make me happy as a fan for any other reason other than getting the right person for the job.

I don't think Toovey is that man. That is not a slight on his passion for manly or his legacy as a clubman. I've just seen no evidence from his first tenure (and what has been said from ex players) that he can actually coach

Not to be negative, and yes, manly is sorely missing some of the infgredients that made us great. But why do people want Toovey? Coz he was a great player? Coz he got shafted first time around? I love him as an ex manly player but I remain extremely unconvinced he was a great coach.

No time for sentiment, get the right man for the job. I don't care who he played for or where he comes from, nor do I care if it will make me happy as a fan for any other reason other than getting the right person for the job.

I don't think Toovey is that man. That is not a slight on his passion for manly or his legacy as a clubman. I've just seen no evidence from his first tenure (and what has been said from ex players) that he can actually coach
I would rather have Des by a country mile! Toovey would bring a lot of passion, but Des has the proven track record of success as a coach (despite the salary cap mess he has left at Manly and Canterbury). My vote is for Des. Fingers crossed!

#nextweek bloody better be next week and not #nextweekafternextweek, doing my head in all this coach who is who isn't...
I'd be concerned with Des as Recruitment specially if he starts back ending deals, prefer him as head coach. Toovs as the Gee up man rip em and roll em along with Ballin.
c'mon #nextweek

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10