It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Can somebody please post the Daily Telegraph recent article about Jason Taylor being the bolter while Toovey remains on the outer?

Here we go @Mark from Brisbane #next week
I spoke to the club today to put a hold on my auto members renewal ( 3 between my kids and I) Had a very pleasant lady on the line and she ask me why. I told her I am waiting to see who and when will the new coach be announced. Her response was " I can't tell you who it is but as a Manly supporter I'll be very happy when it's announced next week"
I must admit after talking to the young lady I'm very optimistic about our new coaching staff.
Lets face it, the staff know who it is.
After all, they would've let them in the office to measure up what size desk they need to bring!

I would rather have Des by a country mile! Toovey would bring a lot of passion, but Des has the proven track record of success as a coach (despite the salary cap mess he has left at Manly and Canterbury). My vote is for Des. Fingers crossed!
Des is the better coach. Tooves would be good at managing the cap (Qualified Accountant), recruitment, and instilling Passion in the jumper

I can't cope if it's Cartwrong or Taylor as the the DT is reporting he is in with a good chance. It's like having to chose between shxt flavoured chocolate or chocolate coated shxt......Either choice is just too horrible to think about.

I can't cope if it's Cartwrong or Taylor as the the DT is reporting he is in with a good chance. It's like having to chose between shxt flavoured chocolate or chocolate coated shxt......Either choice is just too horrible to think about.
Depends whose sh*t it is. I'd consider using Des' sh*t for toothpaste if it meant he got the gig.

Jason Taylor emerges as bolter to replace Trent Barrett at Manly while Geoff Toovey remains on the outer
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
October 10, 2018 7:13pm

IN their playing days, Geoff Toovey and Jason Taylor were the public faces for two of the game’s sworn enemies.

But in a potential move that would infuriate many Manly fans, former North Sydney Bear Taylor has now emerged as a bolter to take over from Trent Barrett.

This is despite the fact club legend Toovey remains on the outer, three years after he was sacked to make way for Barrett.

c28b0b474953636ce0e4a09d72c3d42c

Taylor is interested in the role — but would the fans have him? (Brett Costello)
ROOS NEWS

ON A ROLL: Tedesco’s time has come

MANO-A-MANU: Trell targets teammate

Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman confirmed on Wednesday that a new coach as well as a full reform of the football club structure would be in place for when players return to pre-season training on November 5.

It leaves the club little time to make some huge decisions, while also struggling to come to a legal resolution with Barrett.

Barrett’s current assistant John Cartwright remains favourite to claim the top job following Michael Maguire’s withdrawal because of similar concerns to Barrett, relating to the club’s lack of resources.

Gorman would not comment on which coaches were in the running when contacted, although he said more than two contenders were alive in the race.

b097c5de0014e1b8951731f552b94481

Neil Henry remains on Manly’s radar. (Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos)
Neil Henry is the other coach with proven head coaching experience whose name is being tossed up as a fair dinkum chance.

Henry was the Dally M coach of the year at Canberra and instrumental in putting together the premiership-winning roster at North Queensland. He also received widespread praise for the work he did on a limited budget at Gold Coast before he fell out of favour following Jarryd Hayne’s arrival.

But while no one at the club will say so publicly, Toovey’s name is simply not in the mix, despite Toovey boasting a 58 per cent winning record after taking over in the tumultuous period that followed Des Hasler’s exit.

8767cb4f38bc19c55a53465f1318a2bf

The club aren’t interested in bringing Toovey back. (Toby Zerna)
Taylor is believed to have put up his hand after previous head coaching stints at Parramatta, South Sydney and Wests Tigers, where he had an overall success rate of 43.6 per cent in 140 games.

Taylor was the attack coach for the Sydney Roosters this year.

While all the candidates have the credentials, it just seems ludicrous the club won’t even consider Toovey given his outstanding service as a player and a coach.

When news of Barrett’s pending exit was first revealed, Manly fans were vocal in their support of Toovey.

But it appears club management is too proud to swallow its pride after dumping Toovey to bring in Barrett.

If the DT printed that the sky is blue, I'd have to question everything I believed about my education on colours.

Those f*cking scumbags are worse than a broken clock.

To even entertain believing what that farce of a "news" publication has to say is lunacy.

If the DT printed that the sky is blue, I'd have to question everything I believed about my education on colours.

Those f*cking scumbags are worse than a broken clock.

To even entertain believing what that farce of a "news" publication has to say is lunacy.

I agree but just imagine if he is being considered .........

Sorry to go over old ground, but......

Trent was on record as saying the training facilities were not a problem. Tick.

In respect of support staff, Manly was very close to providing Trent with a top line recruitment manager........article from 3rd May 2018........

Link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...on-manly-meet-o-sullivan-20180503-p4zd78.html

'I'm staying': Barrett quells speculation, Manly meet O'Sullivan
From story.........
"Trent Barrett has told his Manly players he has no intention of walking out on the club as the Sea Eagles formally met with controversial recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan, who is nearing an NRL return."

"And Barrett might have another key plank added to his support staff, former Storm and Roosters scout O'Sullivan meeting Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman on Thursday to discuss an unlikely NRL return."

Then the Warriors came in and secured O'Sullivan.

Moving forward, I would not be surprised if Manly are holding off on recruiting key support staff until the coaching position is locked down. Let's not forget that Des had Crusher (and we all know that Crusher was the reason Jamie Lyon came to our club). It will help if there is synergy between coach and recruitment rather than just plucking professionals out of the phone book. I think Manly work better this way.

Having a coach give a period of notice out of sync with the playing season must be a nightmare for filling all the key coaching/recruitment positions for 2019.

Jason Taylor emerges as bolter to replace Trent Barrett at Manly while Geoff Toovey remains on the outer
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
October 10, 2018 7:13pm

IN their playing days, Geoff Toovey and Jason Taylor were the public faces for two of the game’s sworn enemies.

But in a potential move that would infuriate many Manly fans, former North Sydney Bear Taylor has now emerged as a bolter to take over from Trent Barrett.

This is despite the fact club legend Toovey remains on the outer, three years after he was sacked to make way for Barrett.

c28b0b474953636ce0e4a09d72c3d42c

Taylor is interested in the role — but would the fans have him? (Brett Costello)
ROOS NEWS

ON A ROLL: Tedesco’s time has come

MANO-A-MANU: Trell targets teammate

Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman confirmed on Wednesday that a new coach as well as a full reform of the football club structure would be in place for when players return to pre-season training on November 5.

It leaves the club little time to make some huge decisions, while also struggling to come to a legal resolution with Barrett.

Barrett’s current assistant John Cartwright remains favourite to claim the top job following Michael Maguire’s withdrawal because of similar concerns to Barrett, relating to the club’s lack of resources.

Gorman would not comment on which coaches were in the running when contacted, although he said more than two contenders were alive in the race.

b097c5de0014e1b8951731f552b94481

Neil Henry remains on Manly’s radar. (Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos)
Neil Henry is the other coach with proven head coaching experience whose name is being tossed up as a fair dinkum chance.

Henry was the Dally M coach of the year at Canberra and instrumental in putting together the premiership-winning roster at North Queensland. He also received widespread praise for the work he did on a limited budget at Gold Coast before he fell out of favour following Jarryd Hayne’s arrival.

But while no one at the club will say so publicly, Toovey’s name is simply not in the mix, despite Toovey boasting a 58 per cent winning record after taking over in the tumultuous period that followed Des Hasler’s exit.

8767cb4f38bc19c55a53465f1318a2bf

The club aren’t interested in bringing Toovey back. (Toby Zerna)
Taylor is believed to have put up his hand after previous head coaching stints at Parramatta, South Sydney and Wests Tigers, where he had an overall success rate of 43.6 per cent in 140 games.

Taylor was the attack coach for the Sydney Roosters this year.

While all the candidates have the credentials, it just seems ludicrous the club won’t even consider Toovey given his outstanding service as a player and a coach.

When news of Barrett’s pending exit was first revealed, Manly fans were vocal in their support of Toovey.

But it appears club management is too proud to swallow its pride after dumping Toovey to bring in Barrett.

All that says is the DT have about as much clue...no make that less clue as the rest of us. No way is JT going to be coach

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10