It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Friday 10am

My current pick.

If it’s #nextweek we will EXPLODE before then ( can you imagine another 50 pages of this rubbish ???).

Congratulations to the DSD, NSD, SSD, PPC, German speaking, bible bashing mullet heads and everyone else for exceeding 200 pages of utter, utter rubbish. No matter what denomination you are, we are all a lot dumber for contributing to this thread. It was a real team effort and if only the mighty Manly Sea Eagles can display such team work next year under Dessie then we'll be top 4 for sure.

giphy.gif

I know I could go back, what? 70 threads or so to find this out but what in the flying **** does NSD, DSD, PPC etc stand for :drunk:

Always learning something new every day on ST

Congratulations to the DSD, NSD, SSD, PPC, German speaking, bible bashing mullet heads and everyone else for exceeding 200 pages of utter, utter rubbish. No matter what denomination you are, we are all a lot dumber for contributing to this thread. It was a real team effort and if only the mighty Manly Sea Eagles can display such team work next year under Dessie then we'll be top 4 for sure.

giphy.gif
The dsd are regurgitatating my jokes now. I said this about 40 pages ago.....

Mmmmm

@Woodsie whats your call on this?

Well, I have always contended that nobody is but one thing .... as the saying goes .. even a broken clock is correct twice a day .... so a Numbnut can be a Punchie can be a Dribbler can be a God Botherer etc .... time of day is only a reference used by the unimaginative ..

Todays Salad Dodger may be tonight's dill pickle muncher ....

Speaking of dribbling , I’ve just read pages 195-200 ( when I was absent tonight), there was indeed a LOT of dribble and VERY little substance so I’m thinking we’ve successfully morphed into a “ brethren of Dribblers” .

Even @niccipops is guilty.

And @Dan just wants to delete posts.

It’s a conspiracy I tell you, and one of the deepest , darkest type.

I think I’m going to need another fishing trip to Moreton Bay to “ off” a few of the numbnuts and religious zealots.

Silvertails has lost the plot , completely !!

Any journo coming on here now will simply say “ what the **** is going on”!!!!!!!

And how could you blame them.
You strongly encouraged 200 pages Mark. We were just doing our bit.:p
Imagine if Des himself had a read, was just about to sign as he knew the supporters wanted it. After reading this thread he's thinking jeez the club and the supporters have seriously lost the plot. Seriously reconsidering options now.:giggle:

I'll start a group called the DSB for all those with lack of result buildup

They’ve been swallowed up by the left who are enthusiastically embracing their cause with the promise to fight for the rights of all men named Loretta (or any other name for that matter) who hope to one day be able to have a baby...

... and to demand tax payers fund it .....

Well after about 50 pages of absolute dribble ( although congratulations for helping it reach 200 pages) I wonder is today the day , or tomorrow the day we can start talking football again???

Surely it couldn’t be #nextweek, could it???

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl

NRL: Manly is not for sale, says Scott Penn
BRENT READ OCTOBER 17, 2018

Manly chairman and majority owner Scott Penn has refuted suggestions the club’s move for Des Hasler has been motivated by a desire to make the Sea Eagles more attractive to potential buyers.

While Penn declined to discuss the status of negotiations with Hasler, he vehemently dismissed fresh claims that the club was on the market.

And in a further sign of his family’s commitment to Manly, Penn confirmed they were poised to inject a significant amount of their own cash into the Sea Eagles following a disappointing season on and off the field.

It is understood that figure could be in excess of $2 million, with club finances hit by legal costs and financial penalties resulting from sanctions imposed for breaching the salary cap.

They also face a hefty outlay to bring Hasler back. Negotiations are likely to be concluded within days as Manly look to replace departing coach Trent Barrett.

“I keep getting calls all the time,” Penn said of rumours the club was on the market. “No, we’re not even in discussions with anyone. Of course we’re committed to making it successful. We’re certainly not looking to sell. The fact is a) we’re not selling and b) no one has offered us anything. It is a moot point.

“It is bizarre. I am intrigued where it is coming from because someone is obviously perpetuating it. That’s the thing for me — I am very interested in trying to understand the source.

“It is no one who is talking to us or close to us obviously. We’re not in it to plug holes. We’re in it to be successful.”

While Penn declined to discuss talks with Hasler, it is understood the club is close to a deal that would result in the two-time premiership winner taking back the reins of the Sea Eagles.

The club has also held talks with current assistant John Cartwright and Brisbane assistant Jason Demetriou regarding the head coaching role and the former is likely to be given the option to stay on the Sea Eagles’ coaching staff as an assistant if Hasler decides to accept the position.

Demetriou is also an option for the Broncos as they look to replace Wayne Bennett at the end of next season. It is understood Demetriou, who is believed to have an interview scheduled with the Broncos today, is an outsider for the Brisbane job.

South Sydney coach Anthony Seibold remains the favourite, although there is believed to be strong support for Michael Maguire and Kevin Walters in some quarters. The Broncos are edging towards a decision and could make an announcement soon.

The timing of their decision could yet have ramifications for the Wests Tigers as they weigh up replacing Ivan Cleary, who looks destined to join Penrith within weeks. The Tigers are due to return to training in early-November and it has become clear that Cleary will not be in charge.

The Tigers will want to have his replacement in place by then, the situation complicated by the fact their two preferred options — Wayne Bennett and Michael Maguire — will be overseas at the time coaching England and New Zealand.

Manly’s situation is far less complex as they circle Hasler. The decision will be vital for a club that is coming off a season marked by controversy off the field and poor performances on it.

Penn acknowledges the club’s financial future will be determined by how they perform on the field,

“The thing is we have always wanted to get it into a position where it is at least breaking even or better,” Penn said.

“Absolutely it is feasible. To get to that level you have to be successful. We need on-field success in order to make that happen because we have been a very successful club over a long period of time and our members and fans demand success.

“It is that hope we are going to win every week that they come back for. We have to make sure that happens every week.

“When we get a bit of positive momentum back in the near future, we will start packing out Brookie again.

“There has been plenty of naysayers out there and that hasn’t helped. A lot of that has been on the back of not winning enough.”

Last edited:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl

NRL: Manly is not for sale, says Scott Penn
BRENT READ OCTOBER 17, 2018Manly chairman and majority owner Scott Penn has refuted suggestions the club’s move for Des Hasler has been motivated by a desire to make the Sea Eagles more attractive to potential buyers.

While Penn declined to discuss the status of negotiations with Hasler, he vehemently dismissed fresh claims that the club was on the market.

And in a further sign of his family’s commitment to Manly, Penn confirmed they were poised to inject a significant amount of their own cash into the Sea Eagles following a disappointing season on and off the field.

It is understood that figure could be in excess of $2 million, with club finances hit by legal costs and financial penalties resulting from sanctions imposed for breaching the salary cap.

They also face a hefty outlay to bring Hasler back. Negotiations are likely to be concluded within days as Manly look to replace departing coach Trent Barrett.

“I keep getting calls all the time,” Penn said of rumours the club was on the market. “No, we’re not even in discussions with anyone. Of course we’re committed to making it successful. We’re certainly not looking to sell. The fact is a) we’re not selling and b) no one has offered us anything. It is a moot point.

“It is bizarre. I am intrigued where it is coming from because someone is obviously perpetuating it. That’s the thing for me — I am very interested in trying to understand the source.

“It is no one who is talking to us or close to us obviously. We’re not in it to plug holes. We’re in it to be successful.”

While Penn declined to discuss talks with Hasler, it is understood the club is close to a deal that would result in the two-time premiership winner taking back the reins of the Sea Eagles.

The club has also held talks with current assistant John Cartwright and Brisbane assistant Jason Demetriou regarding the head coaching role and the former is likely to be given the option to stay on the Sea Eagles’ coaching staff as an assistant if Hasler decides to accept the position.

Demetriou is also an option for the Broncos as they look to replace Wayne Bennett at the end of next season. It is understood Demetriou, who is believed to have an interview scheduled with the Broncos today, is an outsider for the Brisbane job.

South Sydney coach Anthony Seibold remains the favourite, although there is believed to be strong support for Michael Maguire and Kevin Walters in some quarters. The Broncos are edging towards a decision and could make an announcement soon.

The timing of their decision could yet have ramifications for the Wests Tigers as they weigh up replacing Ivan Cleary, who looks destined to join Penrith within weeks. The Tigers are due to return to training in early-November and it has become clear that Cleary will not be in charge.

The Tigers will want to have his replacement in place by then, the situation complicated by the fact their two preferred options — Wayne Bennett and Michael Maguire — will be overseas at the time coaching England and New Zealand.

Manly’s situation is far less complex as they circle Hasler. The decision will be vital for a club that is coming off a season marked by controversy off the field and poor performances on it.

Penn acknowledges the club’s financial future will be determined by how they perform on the field,

“The thing is we have always wanted to get it into a position where it is at least breaking even or better,” Penn said.

“Absolutely it is feasible. To get to that level you have to be successful. We need on-field success in order to make that happen because we have been a very successful club over a long period of time and our members and fans demand success.

“It is that hope we are going to win every week that they come back for. We have to make sure that happens every week.

“When we get a bit of positive momentum back in the near future, we will start packing out Brookie again.

“There has been plenty of naysayers out there and that hasn’t helped. A lot of that has been on the back of not winning enough.”

Meanwhile, the player market has been stalled by the lack of clarity in the coaching ranks but movement is set to be kicked off by Gold Coast centre Konrad Hurrell as he prepares to join Leeds next season.

Hurrell had another year remaining on his deal but it is understood he has agreed to join South Sydney assistant David Furner at the English Super League giants.

His departure will give the Titans the salary cap room to re-enter the market, their target likely to be a centre to strengthen their outside backs.

" dir="ltr" style="color: rgb(68, 68, 67); font-family: "Adobe Garamond Pro", Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", "Droid Sans", "Helvetica Neue", "PingFang SC", "Hiragino Sans GB", "Droid Sans Fallback", "Microsoft YaHei", sans-serif, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">
Manly chairman and majority owner Scott Penn has refuted suggestions the club’s move for Des Hasler has been motivated by a desire to make the Sea Eagles more attractive to potential buyers.

That is some bizarre quoting. what the hell is a ’ ...... it appears 100 times in the article.

Or is it the makers mark I'm drinking????

Anyway, no matter how many times the Penns say the club is not for sale, some tulip molester will say 'yeah he would say that wouldn't he?'

edit: @HappilyManly is the best so I know it's something to do with coding or something....!

That is some bizarre quoting. what the hell is a ’ ...... it appears 100 times in the article.

Or is it the makers mark I'm drinking????

Anyway, no matter how many times the Penns say the club is not for sale, some tulip molester will say 'yeah he would say that wouldn't he?'
The format code was inserted by Outline.
I'll plonk it into Docs and re-paste :nerd:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10