its me, monday, this may offend some viewers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
Nice.
You forgot the Burton kick out on the full when the game was on the line - that was worse than our failing to fond touch.
Yes, his kicking was better than ours but that one was costly, not to mention two missed conversion attempts.
Expected a lot more from Burton tbh, hitting the post from close in ....wow.. that was costly !!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Forwards kicking are signs of a lost and disjointed team

A thing I can't get my head around....EVERY time DCE lands the cross field Bomb for Saab 2-3 metres over the try line, he flies above opposition and scores....the 1 yesterday like 90% of these bombs are short, Saab makes the grab but is wrapped up short
This should be a real attacking weapon that gets massive rewards on the scoreboard but the execution is always short....so frustrating

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I actually think Burtons kicking game is fairly one dimensional. High bombs all day. Other than those nothing special tbh. Actually thought he was fairly quiet yesterday.

For mine, Burton at 5/8 is like when Barrett first put Walker there in 2016. The only difference is that Burton has a kicking game. He's not an organising half. He's not a play maker. IMO he's an out of position centre.

Last year when he played pivot for the Panthers at times, people raved about him, but I honestly never saw it. He was more benefitting from the very good and well drilled players around him than they benefitted from him. This year he doesn't have a dominant forward pack to play behind and has a backline that is basically reliant on the speed of Addo-Carr and Dufty for creativity.

Shoe1

Journey Man
For mine, Burton at 5/8 is like when Barrett first put Walker there in 2016. The only difference is that Burton has a kicking game. He's not an organising half. He's not a play maker. IMO he's an out of position centre.

Last year when he played pivot for the Panthers at times, people raved about him, but I honestly never saw it. He was more benefitting from the very good and well drilled players around him than they benefitted from him. This year he doesn't have a dominant forward pack to play behind and has a backline that is basically reliant on the speed of Addo-Carr and Dufty for creativity.
He is a great centre, agree he has a few challenges at 6. He would have been more dangerous to Manly at 3 or 4.

D

Deleted member 26876

Nice.
You forgot the Burton kick out on the full when the game was on the line - that was worse than our failing to fond touch.
Yes, his kicking was better than ours but that one was costly, not to mention two missed conversion attempts.
And burtons kicking game is a little one-dimensional. That kick isn’t neccessarily always going to be the answer. It is very handy to have though, and highly effective in windy/wet games (except for when conditions make it a higher risk to kick out on full)

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I know sometimes Burton was standing quite deep, but often there was no pressure on him when kicking.
I don't recall Manly ever really being a kicking-pressure type of team... not since kamikaze Rambo Gibbs. I know we use to struggle on the receiving end when we solely relied on DCE in past years without an option. Opposition teams would hone in on him, pressuring every kick with much success. We all use to bemoan how our team would fail to do similar.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Forwards kicking are signs of a lost and disjointed team

A thing I can't get my head around....EVERY time DCE lands the cross field Bomb for Saab 2-3 metres over the try line, he flies above opposition and scores....the 1 yesterday like 90% of these bombs are short, Saab makes the grab but is wrapped up short
This should be a real attacking weapon that gets massive rewards on the scoreboard but the execution is always short....so frustrating
Do you remember how many times Jamie Lyon plucked a bomb out of the air and scored? He was half the size of Saab and not the most athletic guy, but would score those tries often through shear competitiveness.

I do agree that this should indeed be a major attacking weapon for us and it isn't anywhere near being developed or exploited enough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12