It's nice to see the salary cap working

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Penn needs to start playing golf and go out weekly and have bets on putts and always have a shocker of a putt when $10,000 is at stake like a certain Uncle.
The stars seem to love playing at clubs where they make easy money at club golf days.

I had a very interesting conversation with O'Sullivan years ago when he worked for The Chooks at a function.

All I'll say, is I never trust their recruitment policies from that day on, the dodgy pricks.

I'll never forget what he admitted to me. I still remember the name of the company he used as the example to me.

10 of the last 13 Grand Finals have featured either Roosters or Storm... but it’s an even playing field isn’t it Todd.

But the cap keeps working..... Look how close the comp is he says.....

He is full of it.

This year if it wasn't for the tigpies putting up a fight the top 8 was sorted by about round 21.

The 2 top teams this year are known to have enormous TPAs.

A lot of people predicted a Storm/Roosters grand final before the season started. Not many people would have predicted Collingwood/West Coast.
NRL grand final = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...:snooze::snooze::snooze:

I think we’d better get used to this situation as if the TPA thing isn’t sorted I’d expect to see about the same in the top 8 every year , and quite possible the same Grand Finalists year in year out.

Oh sure , occasionally ( think Western Bulldogs in the AFL) you might get a good side that rises to the top one year but then all their players get poached by the top sides and they are back down the bottom again.

This is Super League in the UK to a tee!

But Trent said so....
Probably the only thing I'd like to say on the last couple of weeks in rugby league as a fan, thank God we've got the salary cap to keep the competition equal," Robinson said.
What a tool!!

If Robinson had been Manly's coach in the past couple of years and had to put up with the NRL targeting us with things like match fixing and the salary cap witch hunt....I seriously doubt he would be saying that the salary cap makes things equal.

Of course he is going to say that it makes the competition equal, especially as he's the coach at one of the clubs that make a complete mockery of the salary cap. With TPA's and $10,000 a go golf putts, I'd be surprised if the Chooks weren't playing with around twice the cap some clubs have.

I think we’d better get used to this situation as if the TPA thing isn’t sorted I’d expect to see about the same in the top 8 every year , and quite possible the same Grand Finalists year in year out.

Oh sure , occasionally ( think Western Bulldogs in the AFL) you might get a good side that rises to the top one year but then all their players get poached by the top sides and they are back down the bottom again.

This is Super League in the UK to a tee!

Which is ... exactly why Des was smart enough to know that front/back ended contracts is the only possible way some clubs have of creating a 1/2 year window to put together a Premiership squad ..... he did it at Manly...he did it at Bulldogs (they had their chance) ....

.. All done with the afore-knowledge that there will be payback in the form of a few years in the wilderness ...

The perennial dilemma , to back / front end or not to . Think that i will always be in the mindset of extreme caution and of a limited scale . Could be wrong but i am sure that the very accomplished Manly side of 2008 had no such arrangements and 2011 , only Giffty .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8