It's nice to see the salary cap working

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Imagine if the roosters were not 600k under the cap.....

I've had a look around other clubs forums and everyone agrees how $hit the grand final is.

And the joke is that the journos accept it as an even playing field or give little more than lip service to any problem that may exist there.

If they were serious reporters they would be on this like hound dogs. But no, journos like Rothfield, Kent, Massoud, Hooper, Webster and Weidler, just sit on their ass, accepting their big pay packets and saying mum regarding what they well know is a seriously corrupt and unfair system, preferring to follow Greenberg's lead and attack Manly, while giving teams like Cronulla and Parramatta a leg up, while other teams like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney City plunder the so called equal teams, for their best players with fortunes that must be passing hands hidden in the guise of supposedly honest TBAs. The game is becoming a joke, the reporters are just public relation stooges for the League admin and generally Murdock's machinations.

Oh that we had the Aussie Rules people running the show, with the Aussie rules draft system, which isn't perfect but is far more equitable than what we have in RL. But of course the wealthier clubs and top players don't want that and quickly point to restraint of trade, to ensure the best players get richer playing for the wealthier club.

But monopolisation NEVER works in the long term . It just reduces competition and increasingly compresses the game into the three or four wealthiest clubs. Consequently the crowd levels will reduce significantly among those clubs not getting a look in. There is so much wrong with how Rugby League is being run these days and as I said the fat cat journos just sit back, saying little and accept their big pay packets, with an occasional swing at the Admin to support the pretence that they are working for the betterment of the game and the supporters. What a joke they are. And they think people believe them

In all seriousness, who are the Roosters losing for next year ?
Fergo.
JWH maybe ?
A few other lesser names.

And they replace them with 3 rep players in Chrihcton, Hall and Morris.....
One year after picking up rep stars Cronk and Tedesco....
Lol please.

This is going to be one mighty big asterisk in years to come, imo.

In all seriousness, who are the Roosters losing for next year ?
Fergo.
JWH maybe ?
A few other lesser names.

And they replace them with 3 rep players in Chrihcton, Hall and Morris.....
One year after picking up rep stars Cronk and Tedesco....
Lol please.

This is going to be one mighty big asterisk in years to come, imo.
Very hard to trace cash payments

The two teams in the grand final are the two teams who are paying the most to their players off the books.

The storm poach every up and coming star right before they're about to hit NRL standard, so at least they do something to try to hide the fact that they're rorting the system. Although they also get away with murder on field every single play, with all the dodgy crap they do around the ruck.

The Roosters on the other hand don't even try to hide it, they just out and out by rep stars from other clubs as if they were on heavy discount and no other clubs were interested...

I will be overseas for this year's Grand Final and I'm ok with that. I'm not even sure if I will bother watching next year's season.

One would like to think that Melbourne's free ride has to stop soon.
Stop the ref bias.
Stop them having all of vic and a brisbane team as feeder clubs.
Stop their wrestle, and other dirty tactics.
Stop turning a blind eye to their salary cap.

And the joke is that the journos accept it as an even playing field or give little more than lip service to any problem that may exist there.

If they were serious reporters they would be on this like hound dogs. But no, journos like Rothfield, Kent, Massoud, Hooper, Webster and Weidler, just sit on their ass, accepting their big pay packets and saying mum regarding what they well know is a seriously corrupt and unfair system, preferring to follow Greenberg's lead and attack Manly, while giving teams like Cronulla and Parramatta a leg up, while other teams like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney City plunder the so called equal teams, for their best players with fortunes that must be passing hands hidden in the guise of supposedly honest TBAs. The game is becoming a joke, the reporters are just public relation stooges for the League admin and generally Murdock's machinations.

Not really accurate, although I agree with your sentiment. It was Kent and Rothfield who were laughing on 360 about Cronk and Tesdesco. Cronk is using less than $500k of cap and Teddy not much over. They also said similar amounts were used by the Storm for Slater and Smith.

Now they can't seriously bag FOXTEL, while earning their income from Murdoch papers and tv.

They know the it's not an even playing field just like all of us, but nothing can be done about it.

It's a bit like the drug issue in society. Won't go away because too many important people are involved at the top. Things didn't get this way by accident.

Not really accurate, although I agree with your sentiment. It was Kent and Rothfield who were laughing on 360 about Cronk and Tesdesco. Cronk is using less than $500k of cap and Teddy not much over. They also said similar amounts were used by the Storm for Slater and Smith.

Now they can't seriously bag FOXTEL, while earning their income from Murdoch papers and tv.

They know the it's not an even playing field just like all of us, but nothing can be done about it.

It's a bit like the drug issue in society. Won't go away because too many important people are involved at the top. Things didn't get this way by accident.

I agree with you Bob and perhaps I didn't stress the point in my first sentence strongly enough, that being not to 'give more than lip service to any problem that exists there' Sure they made the comments but how often do they make it and why isn't the issue pressed further. But you answered that and I think everyone knows that answer. Its like they know the public are watching and they have to say something or look like they are colluding (which in a way they are), so they occasionally push a barrow for a short time and then let it lie. The fact that they laugh demonstrates that the problem isn't going to be taken seriously at that level...yes and probably for the reasons you've given

Well heard again on friday night through one of players friends taupau signed st chooks. If true i done with this comp.
**** the roosters
I hope he does. It's the only way that this joke of a sport will ever change. Eventually someone will wake up to the inequities of this competition.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11