I've had a gutful of State of Origin and it's still a week away.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So the best way to set up for a field goal is to run to the far right hand side of the field on the fifth tackle play. Jeez that ****s me off. Just dumb dumb play. Hopkinson or Farrah just have to take control in a situation like that

And that is one of the reason's Farah has played second fiddle to Scam Smith at international level for the past 6 or 7 years. Under pressure Farah turns to jelly

I can't stand Smith but he is a lot cooler under pressure than Farah has ever been.

Neither Hodkinson, Schitzel or Farah took control when it was needed. That should be a big worry for Daley.

In the true spirit of this thread- who gives a sh..t ! Yeah I'd like NSW to win but a loss is not in the same ballpark as a Manly loss...and that's the way it should be for a fair dinkum Manly supporter.

If Hodko wasn't on the field for the match winning field goal play, then why was he picked at all? Deciding play of the game, 4th tackle gone, 10 metres out right in front - and they play to the wing???? Then to make it worse, they kick it dead to gift the game to qld? Who called those plays?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Time to give Blake Austin a go.

That late set of six where NSW had a couple of chances to kick a FG and give themselves an 11-10 lead was simply horrible. At one point Hodkinson was in perfect position and even Wally Lewis was calling FG, yet Farah chose to pass out wide to Schitzel.

One of the biggest problems NSW has is that Farah is the best hooker they have and there isn't anyone else even close. If Matty Ballin was from NSW he would have played a lot more Origins over the past 7 or 8 years, especially given that his main opposition would have been Farah and Ennis.

Qld gifted NSW a perfect opportunity to win with their decision to kick for goal and then getting a penalty. Fact is that the Blues simply blew it.

Don't get me wrong about Farah.

Tonight he made an incredible 61 tackles (63 according to some reports) with zero missed tackles. I don't care who you are that is one hell of a defensive effort. But his decision making from dummy half when the pressure is on leaves a lot to be desired and has done for almost 10 years.

Just watched the game. Qld'ers will be happy and rightly so...a win is a win.

Can't believe that stupid last tackle play resulting in jennings kicking over the line.

Game 2 hopefully they just start qld off on 6 points so we can get down to the footy and not have the ref's waste time in handing out penalties until the maroons score.

It's like penalty penalty penalty...50/50 turns into 100/0....try!

No penalties for ages....nsw get into the lead...

penalty penalty penalty....qld try!

Hopefully we see the back of sutton.....he wasn't that good....nor unbiased.

That said.....incredible brain snap by farrah on that 5th tackle play.

It's amazing to see how quickly qld turn to playing dirty when they are under pressure (there's not a tackle smith makes that is elbow to the head free)....shouldn't be surprised that year after year the refs let them.

Interesting that our kickers were tackled after kicking all night but not once did we touch qld kickers. Guess the qld scare campaign worked!

edit: Learn how to kick for touch hodko! That was a shocking mistake as well. I hate those basic un-forced errors!

edit edit: some qlduhs may not agree with parts of my post!

Last edited:
As expected Pearce cops it from all quarters regardless of the game he plays

Defended well, put Scott over for a try, looked like slicing through close to the line until scam belted him high which went unpunished, and looked incisive a couple of other times. Wasn't much of the game for the halves, Cronk was the standout but I think Pearce outplayed Thurston

The kickoffs are getting later and later, was near 10.30pm over here last night. If the next game is that dour I think I'll be turning it off well before the 12.15am finish

Schitzel actually wasn't that bad. Problem was though that when the game was on the line he, Hodkinson and Farah went missing. That's what most people will remember.

TBH I think they should probably retain him for at least game 2, but I would move him to HB and bring in someone like Austin or even the Grub to play 5/8 (lets face it, NSW could do with a niggler to get Qld off their game). Hodkinson offered next to nothing last night.

For mine, after last night when it comes to the Blues....

Dugan - keep. Possible move to wing/centre for Moylan
Tupou - dump
Morris - keep
Jennings - keep
Hopoate - dump
Pearce - keep, move to HB
Hodkinson - dump
Woods - keep
Farah - I say dump, but replaced by who? Peats isn't good enough
Tamou - keep
Scott - keep
Hoffman - keep
Jackson - undecided
Merrin - keep
Cordner - dump
Klemmer - keep
Fifita - keep (but will need to get rid of the concrete shoes)

Daley has already declared that the halves pairing will be there for game 2. How Hodkinson has anyone's confidence after last night I'll never know.

Tupou had a terrible game. perhaps the worst I've seen by a rep winger.

It's the stupid obsession with tall guys who can jump these days that gets him picked

I have no doubt if Taufua wasn't injured early last year that spot would be his. Really missing Brett Morriss out there. I'd probably give Richards a crack too

It's the stupid obsession with tall guys who can jump these days that gets him picked

I have no doubt if Taufua wasn't injured early last year that spot would be his. Really missing Brett Morriss out there. I'd probably give Richards a crack too
Dugan to wing, can still inject himself from the back or up through the middle like hayne did and also run from dummy half and be great from kick returns. moylan into full back.

Johnston or Mansour would be good wing options. I think Mansour has been unlucky with injuries though

As expected Pearce cops it from all quarters regardless of the game he plays

Defended well, put Scott over for a try, looked like slicing through close to the line until scam belted him high which went unpunished, and looked incisive a couple of other times. Wasn't much of the game for the halves, Cronk was the standout but I think Pearce outplayed Thurston

The kickoffs are getting later and later, was near 10.30pm over here last night. If the next game is that dour I think I'll be turning it off well before the 12.15am finish
Pearce is the equivalent of Manly's Hasson. His mere presence is enough of an impact to lose the game.

Average game.
Hoppa is not half the player he was at Manly.
Agreed, looked like he was shuffling through wet cement the whole game. Hope he re-signs with Parra for the rest of his career.

Schitzel actually wasn't that bad. Problem was though that when the game was on the line he, Hodkinson and Farah went missing. That's what most people will remember.

TBH I think they should probably retain him for at least game 2, but I would move him to HB and bring in someone like Austin or even the Grub to play 5/8 (lets face it, NSW could do with a niggler to get Qld off their game). Hodkinson offered next to nothing last night.

For mine, after last night when it comes to the Blues....

Dugan - keep. Possible move to wing/centre for Moylan
Tupou - dump
Morris - keep
Jennings - keep
Hopoate - dump
Pearce - keep, move to HB
Hodkinson - dump
Woods - keep
Farah - I say dump, but replaced by who? Peats isn't good enough
Tamou - keep
Scott - keep
Hoffman - keep
Jackson - undecided
Merrin - keep
Cordner - dump
Klemmer - keep
Fifita - keep (but will need to get rid of the concrete shoes)

Daley has already declared that the halves pairing will be there for game 2. How Hodkinson has anyone's confidence after last night I'll never know.
Agree with most of that HV8. Keep Dugan at FB. He was one of NSW's best. As @dowdz mentioned dump Hopa & Tupou for Mansour and Johnston. I'd keep Hodkinson. Only due to lack of credible options. You could possibly move Pearce to half and J Reynolds to 5/8, but is that really any better of an option. I was screaming for Fifita to be included in the team but he was most disappointing last night. He was way to flat and had no impotence hitting the line. Gallen in for Fifita. Lewis has to come back imo. He should have been there from the start. Probably for Cordner.

1. Dugan
2. Mansour
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Johnston
6. Pearce
7. Hodkinson
8. Woods
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Scott
12. Hoffman
13. Gallen
14. Merrin
15. Jackson
16. Klemmer
17. Lewis

Pat Richards is a really good call. He's in great form, loads of experience and a fantastic kicking option. He's also tall and can jump. But I doubt he's even on the selectors' radar.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8