Jack Bird

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He can play the odd strong game but is guilty of trying too hard and comes up with mistakes at crucial stages in games.

I do think he is right about the fans though…there’s no game without the fans but does that mean they can abuse whoever they like? I don’t think so.

Last edited:
There's a hard truth to this Jack Bird tail....nothing against a bloke who is better than many in our current squad.
Atm there are 2 definites.
1) Opposition fans don't hate us, which basically means we don't threaten the comp.
2) Weird player linkings that have Manly fans excited, if we were playing good footy and in red hot form, this would struggle to get a mention.....it's almost like looking for a player to save us and let me add, Bird is unlikely to be at Manly and is also not our saviour if he did !
Truth is, we got who we got, so lets just hope they can improve and be competitive.

I do think he is right about the fans though…there’s no game without the dans but does that mean they can abuse whoever they like? I don’t think so.
They can and do, including right here on ST. Match day threads, and most threads after a loss, feature a stack of abuse ranging from ironically humourous to disgustingly offensive.

I'm sure there's been plenty of studies on the psychology of fan abuse, and why (some) fans routinely despise players in teams they purport to 'support'. Probably a symptom of the empty lives people are subjected to under capitalism.

200.gif

There's a hard truth to this Jack Bird tail....nothing against a bloke who is better than many in our current squad.
Atm there are 2 definites.
1) Opposition fans don't hate us, which basically means we don't threaten the comp.
2) Weird player linkings that have Manly fans excited, if we were playing good footy and in red hot form, this would struggle to get a mention.....it's almost like looking for a player to save us and let me add, Bird is unlikely to be at Manly and is also not our saviour if he did !
Truth is, we got who we got, so lets just hope they can improve and be competitive.
If a club only goes about buying 'saviours' then nobodyvwill ever get signed.

I'm not huge Bird fan but he is a quality player and does address a concern in the squad (lock), so overall he improves us.

Anyway moot point I think as I doubt there is any substance to it

We have much better in-house lock prospects who will very likely be knocking on the door of the 17 next year. No disrespect to Bird he is a great competitor who has done well to come back from injury and is playing good football. But his signing would be a real error imo.
And you just know he's getting closer to his regular long term injury he usually gets at every club.

Won "t be happening with Manly "s present cap settings . Good player though but would also naturally be some concerns with a previously injury prone player . Some appeal to think that he would be a better option as a 13 then Alioia but again won't be happening

Where there is a will there is a way. Manly seems a really good fit for Bird. Would you play him at centre or lock. Both areas that can be improved at Man. He knows what it takes to win a gf. Just happens to have done it with Flanno.

Won "t be happening with Manly "s present cap settings . Good player though but would also naturally be some concerns with a previously injury prone player . Some appeal to think that he would be a better option as a 13 then Alioia but again won't be happening
Why are we the only club who can never look at another player????.... Its always we have no cap space..... FMD Dogs now looking at Hunt... Parramatta still looking to top up before June 30... And its not because of T Brothers and DCE.... I just dont understand

Why are we the only club who can never look at another player????.... Its always we have no cap space..... FMD Dogs now looking at Hunt... Parramatta still looking to top up before June 30... And its not because of T Brothers and DCE.... I just dont understand
We do...they just have to wear the orange and black,then we will look at them. lol

Where there is a will there is a way. Manly seems a really good fit for Bird. Would you play him at centre or lock. Both areas that can be improved at Man. He knows what it takes to win a gf. Just happens to have done it with Flanno.
Bird was playing his best football seven years ago, nowhere near as good now, he's had two ACL operations, one thing in his favour is that he's a competitor, but he's too erratic.

Have you been watching any of his games lately, hes been pretty average.

Just because it's in the "media " doesn't mean it's true. I wonder what percentage of these scoops turn out to be real ?? How would the Dogs fit Hunt in , after they have paid overs for everyone ! BTW The Dogs & Eels are below us on the table !!

Just because it's in the "media " doesn't mean it's true. I wonder what percentage of these scoops turn out to be real ?? How would the Dogs fit Hunt in , after they have paid overs for everyone ! BTW The Dogs & Eels are below us on the table !!
At the moment they are

I find it funny that so many people on various social media platforms,bag journos to no end,for their versions of the truth,then they’ll use stories by the very same journos,to complain about rumoured signings

I find it funny that so many people on various social media platforms,bag journos to no end,for their versions of the truth,then they’ll use stories by the very same journos,to complain about rumoured signings
My point is we have bought no one for years (of note). No rumour in that.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8