Jack Wighton free to negotiate ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder what the morale will be like at the Raiders now that wacko jacko thinks they can't win a comp

As a free running three quarter, his struggled with running the attack and being responsible to manage games as a half, his running game is where it’s at for him, set free in the backline and he‘ll bring them plenty. It the perfect signing to strength their side.
Even with Trell?

I view it will either go well or blow up in their face….(also are they not trying to buy a premiership….)

Even with Trell?

I view it will either go well or blow up in their face….(also are they not trying to buy a premiership….)
Especially with Trell…..they will hunt around each other a bit like Tom and Teddy in origin, except dare I say a little more brutal, bruise brothers mate, the more physical the better for Jack.

Of course there trying to buy a premiership and for mine it’s a solid purchase that has the potential to deliver, unfortunately.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Be interesting to see cattle Souths will have to let go. Would we consider bringing Liam Knight back ?
There were whispers last week that he was a fair chance of pulling the pin on his career due to his issues.Unfortunately I’m pretty sure I heard Rothfield say something about it so my source is unreliable

So Wighton takes unders and joins Souths? When will the NRL start introducing market prices on players to stop already star studded teams from acquiring another marquee player? 😔

This.

The Faders offer him 1.1 million a season for 4 years. He shouldn't have been able to find a pen fast enough.

But he tests the market and takes less money.

Anyone remember when the NRL stepped in to stop us re-signing Glenn Stewart because he was going to accept less than (ironically) Souths offered him to stay a one club man.

So where are the NRL now ? Why is this bloke allowed to accept less than market value ? You can't have it both ways. Either the NRL stays out of contracts or it sets values on players.

For what it's worth, I don't think the signing will bring the Vermin a premiership. Wighton's not that good. But can we get a little consistency ? Why are they letting him take a 200K/year less ?

I don’t see an issue with him taking 900k even though offered more elsewhere. I don’t think Souths should have to carry him at a higher value either.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that any decision made by Tod against Manly (including re Gift’s contract) was unjustified and should hold no precedent value.

(sorry if already posted...)

NRL to probe Jack Wighton deal as Raiders gun signs with rival club for less

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo told the Herald the salary-cap auditor would review the contract and test the market value, with Wighton expected to forego about $300,000 per year to link with the Rabbitohs, leaving the Raiders infuriated.

(but all that will happen is they'll say: 'We looked into it, and everything is ok.')

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2