Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks @rj90
From what I have seen JArthur is a quality player that will have positive impact on Manly
He is skilful with size , pace and toughness
And he comes with a passion to prove a point
I agree, give the young man a chance given what he's endured from Parra's feral fans who have subjected him to endless abuse because of his surname. Pathetic morons they are.

Parra fan random here (member because my brother is a Manly fan)

In my opinion, Jake is a great signing for you guys

I'm p!seed he is going, but at the same time, it is probably something he needs to do

Parra fans who criticise him aren't really being fair. They expect him to step in for Moses and do the same job, which isn't realistic

When he first filled in years ago, he was targeted and took a battering

He has improved since then and gotten a little thicker

The thing I can see in him, is that he has really good instincts on when to run the ball, which can't really be taught

If he gets even a sniff of a gap at the line, he isn't afraid to try poke his nose through

Papalli'i barely held on to him at the try line a few weeks ago, and that is with him as a young skinny bloke

When he develops this a little more, he's going to be dangerous at the line, keeping the defense in two minds

You'll also notice that he is always there backing up his runners. Which is how he scored in the grand final

If there is a break, you can almost guarantee he will be coming through in support

I rate him, because I think all of the areas that he may be considered green in, are things which can be taught

The things that can't be taught, and the work ethic that goes along with it, he has

I'm not happy, we let go of him

But I'll honestly be happy to cheer Manly on, for giving him the chance he needs

My prediction is, he is a player that's going to keep getting better every year, because he works his a$$ off

And I think Manly have picked him up at the perfect time

I hope he has a blinder for you guys this week

I generally support Manly in any game where they aren't playing Parramatta. But with him playing, I'll honestly be rooting for you guys this week

All the best

Random Darwin Eels Fan

I like the unrealistic expectations some are already placing on a depth player

20 years of age same age as Humphries, got time on his side to develop his game, interestingly they see him as a lock forward in the future.

Have seen him play a handful of games mostly on the right side of the field, I don’t think he is an upgrade on Humphries as a 7 though from what I have seen.

Think I would have preferred Kyle Flanagan but he may not have been available.
Bottom line is the best option is the player who would provide best cover for both halves & hooker.

Both players are pretty good defenders.
Kyle can also kick goals.

Parra fan random here (member because my brother is a Manly fan)

In my opinion, Jake is a great signing for you guys

I'm p!seed he is going, but at the same time, it is probably something he needs to do

Parra fans who criticise him aren't really being fair. They expect him to step in for Moses and do the same job, which isn't realistic

When he first filled in years ago, he was targeted and took a battering

He has improved since then and gotten a little thicker

The thing I can see in him, is that he has really good instincts on when to run the ball, which can't really be taught

If he gets even a sniff of a gap at the line, he isn't afraid to try poke his nose through

Papalli'i barely held on to him at the try line a few weeks ago, and that is with him as a young skinny bloke

When he develops this a little more, he's going to be dangerous at the line, keeping the defense in two minds

You'll also notice that he is always there backing up his runners. Which is how he scored in the grand final

If there is a break, you can almost guarantee he will be coming through in support

I rate him, because I think all of the areas that he may be considered green in, are things which can be taught

The things that can't be taught, and the work ethic that goes along with it, he has

I'm not happy, we let go of him

But I'll honestly be happy to cheer Manly on, for giving him the chance he needs

My prediction is, he is a player that's going to keep getting better every year, because he works his a$$ off

And I think Manly have picked him up at the perfect time

I hope he has a blinder for you guys this week

I generally support Manly in any game where they aren't playing Parramatta. But with him playing, I'll honestly be rooting for you guys this week

All the best

Random Darwin Eels Fan
Good post. Maybe you guys can rip into Wiremu Grieg, so he might somehow find his way here as well. lol

I’m really happy with this development. I think they have realised that Cooper John’s will never be a first grader, and they have signed a guy that, while not flash, is tough and has played a grand final.

I’m starting to get a bit excited as a Manly fan again. Now let’s offload Tuilagi for that half eaten bagel and all wiill be good jn the world. What a dud signing I could have told them that!.

Finally, I think Harper would also be a good bargaining chip as well. I would never fault his effort, but he belongs in a different team.

NYEagle

Think I would have preferred Kyle Flanagan but he may not have been available.
Bottom line is the best option is the player who would provide best cover for both halves & hooker.

Both players are pretty good defenders.
Kyle can also kick goals.
Flanno was on about $450 , Arthur wouldn't be on to much

Watched a bit of CB v NS yesterday, Reserve grade. Flanno did well at hooker BUT not up to NRL standard in that position. No zip.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8