Jake Arthur

Yeah, not starting Arthur but still having him on the bench was a very odd decision by Seibold. It undermined Cooper Johns, who was probably struggling for confidence anyway, and prevented us from having another forward or a genuine utility on the bench. And when Jake did come on, he had next to no chance to do anything. There was no benefit in it for anyone, and no benefit for the team.
Exactly, he kinda looked like a headless chook running back and forth in the defence line. Felt really sorry for him, someone threw him the ball on the 5th in panic and got an ugly kick away, terrible start for the kid. Would of been best all round for Arthur to start and Johns to Blacktown. 2 weeks training before the Phins game with the likes of Turbo and Chez will do him the world of good.

I think siebold and flanno and all the coaching staff are good however this is a experimental year for them. They are all brand new to the club and only started on November.

They are still working out the many players the club the systems etc.

I expect we will be a lot more prepared next year with appropriate back ups. I don’t think siebold actually arrived until December.

Yeah, not starting Arthur but still having him on the bench was a very odd decision by Seibold. It undermined Cooper Johns, who was probably struggling for confidence anyway, and prevented us from having another forward or a genuine utility on the bench. And when Jake did come on, he had next to no chance to do anything. There was no benefit in it for anyone, and no benefit for the team.
It was poor coaching.

I wonder how long it will take before the MWSE website puts Jake in a Sea Eagles Jersey.

He is now on the website but still wearing his Parra gear:

Now his picture has been removed from both webpages and he has been replaced by his shadow. @:rolleyes:

Now his picture has been removed from both webpages and he has been replaced by his shadow. @:rolleyes:
I'm not even sure it's his own shadow! @:D

1685504988743.png

Jake Arthur played his first game for Manly’s feeder side, Blacktown Worker’s and although it finished in a 16-all draw, the new recruit left his mark on the game with two try assists, two linebreak assists and 104 running metres.
Came off with 15 to go. Hope we were just playing it safe for first grade

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2