Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can understand why Brad let his son leave Parra!
Manly maybe asked the wrong club, they should have asked Ivan Cleary if he would like to release his son perhaps??
I’m afraid Jake is rubbish.

He certainly didn't have an impact on the weekend, although I did see him make a couple of good tackles and a dart or two, which is more than I've seen Cooper Johns do.
I think he was a clever recruitment as a fill-in half and may develop into a running forward over time.

he got owned by parras no.7 rookie ,
Asi debuted in 2020 and has now played first grade at 3 clubs.

Youngster yes...fringe first grader yes.....but not sure rookie.

Hard to tell at the ground but Arthur didnt seem to be a the crux of our issues. Sure our right edge got sliced through twice when Kaeo was off but that was a team seizing on space where Rubes would have been.

I mean I'm far from convinced he'll go on to be a regular starting half in the NRL but not getting why everyone is writing him off after about 95 minutes of football with us.

He certainly didn't have an impact on the weekend, although I did see him make a couple of good tackles and a dart or two, which is more than I've seen Cooper Johns do.
I think he was a clever recruitment as a fill-in half and may develop into a running forward over time.
His kicking game was woeful on Saturday, but first game - rushed in - I'm willing to give him another chance, definitely an upgrade on Cooper J.

To be fair to JA very hard to shine when our forwards were owned in the middle and making stupid decisions and dropping balls at faster rate than that ref was blowing his whistle for Parra penalties.
I couldn't keep up with the amount of dropped balls ,not just from them but also from the outside backs .
Dally Messenger himself would have struggled on Saturday amid those conditions.
A few key dumb decisions and dropped balls and the game was the worms...unfortunately

From everything I've seen and read his defence isn't up to first grade, while Croker isn't exactly a creative 9 his defence has been the difference in many games

I've seen Arthur play some good games behind a good forward pack. The only time when he has not really played well is against the top teams like Penrith,etc. Every halfback has a hard time against the Panthers.
He's not a world beater by any means, but he's better than Johns. We need better forwards than Keppe, Paseka,Woods, Tuilagi and Aloai.
Badly let down by the forwards. I still have faith in him.

Last edited:
He threw a well timed pass in our only try, ptobably the try of the game tbh. He's extremely fit and sprints back in defence and not afraid to take on the big boppers. To bag the kid after a missed tackle that cost us a try is pretty harsh, they scored plenty on the night but those misses haven't been scrutinized.

received_585260330401269.jpeg

Vaega / Schuster one side of the field Siebold? Really?

Also, the red headed rat rooter is I to us this half, too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8