Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake Arthur played his first game for Manly’s feeder side, Blacktown Worker’s and although it finished in a 16-all draw, the new recruit left his mark on the game with two try assists, two linebreak assists and 104 running metres.
Impressive stats indeed by Arthur, he'll be champing at the bit to play against his former club.

He’s been fairly honest with his team selections and pre game interviews,to be fair.Unlike Des,there’s been no cloak and dagger secrecy type of late team changes.Unless there’s an injury of course
That was just Des having wet dreams about wanking spiders, except that Des was fully conscious on those occasions.

Strange situation for Brad Arthur, on the one hand he'll be wanting a Parra win to get on the fringe of the 8 and on the other, as a father, wantiing his son to have a blinder of a game.

Why did we buy him? To keep Cooper Johns company?

All Parra tries were scored on his side or the middle.

He is as fast as a snail. He has no future in first grade imo.

Fair enough mate. It's good to have the depth though I guess. But it's looking like guys like Humphrey's, Fainu, GCKT & others may be the future atm, so I agree.

I thought our attack was bad tonight but better than against the knights. We lost it on dropped bombs and other ways to give them back the ball. Thirty something percent possession.

Fair enough mate. It's good to have the depth though I guess. But it's looking like guys like Humphrey's, Fainu, GCKT & others may be the future atm, so I agree.
I wouldnt be surprised if other clubs picked up these players for the sake of not really giving them a crack at 1st grade. We seem to just loaf off the hand me downs from other clubs, without realising the gems we have in our own backyard.

Give him a chance. He's trained with the team for three weeks.

The whole team's performance needed to be better.

If DCE struggles behind a beaten pack we can't expect miracles from Arthur.
If he had at least a seasoned experienced fullback or a creative, running 9 , I think he would have done ok. GCKT in the trials made Cooper look like a decent 6.

I wouldnt be surprised if other clubs picked up these players for the sake of not really giving them a crack at 1st grade. We seem to just loaf off the hand me downs from other clubs, without realising the gems we have in our own backyard.
I agree, it is actually criminal that GCKT has not started a game in 1sts this year, especially after his trial form. Kid has talent to burn and is exactly the punch we need at hooker, but seibold persists with Lawton or an 80min Croker.

Does not seem much better than Johns but it’s early days and he needs more time before we start judging him. Gee we were on the back foot just about the whole game. Can’t expect too much from Jacob in a situation like that when he has only been with us for 5 mins.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8