Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arthurs is a good player who proved his worth this season and will IMO on what I seen just get better.
Another good buy here from the club. I thought he brought some really good stability and free flow in the pivot role in the last few games. Actually reminded me of Foz with some additional speed. Great backup to our starting halves + potential cover in backrow / backline. This kid has a bright future ahead of him me thinks.

Not too sure with Jacob [ Arthur ] being that suited to the back row at the present time , good competitor but would have to be a lot more robust all round to transition there, especially in defence
Not a bad range of skills , good attitude and again certainly prepared to have a go .
Club can no doubt see the type of value he can provide and scope for some more improvement
Have to be a bit prudent ideally filling those main squad positions but Jacob seems more then deserving in the current circumstances .

I know BOZO isnt onboard with Seibs and Mestrov and the only way to get people like him onboard is to have the team show that "Manly Mentality".... Just ask Bozo..hehe
I love every one that is a Manly Winner

When Seibs and Mestrov start winning Manly Premierships I will start to love them too

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Benchmark Premiership winning standards
and we stand for Nothing Great
1695357631173.png

To all and sundry: his Christian name is spelt ‘Jakob’ with a ‘k’.

I know, I know, he has a lifetime ahead of him correcting people, when they start spelling it with a ‘c’.

Not too sure with Jacob [ Arthur ] being that suited to the back row at the present time , good competitor but would have to be a lot more robust all round to transition there, especially in defence
Not a bad range of skills , good attitude and again certainly prepared to have a go .
Club can no doubt see the type of value he can provide and scope for some more improvement
Have to be a bit prudent ideally filling those main squad positions but Jacob seems more then deserving in the current circumstances .

He's still growing and, in time, will probably play as a lock as he has the necessary skills to link well with the backline. I think this was a very astute recruitment.

I went for a walk around Brooky with the kids today to check out our new seats for next year in the Bob Fulton stand. In the gym on his own with music blaring and working hard on the Assault Bike was Jacob Arthur.
That's the type of discipline you cant coach.
Looking at U 👠. He's our first in line in the halves. In time that 13 and 14 option too. You just never know what opportunity awaits. But only he can control if he is ready to take em.

After watching our ex Manly five eight come off the bench for the Aussies last night. He went way better taking a ruck and roaming all be it when the heat had been taken out of the game at that level then I would was expecting. And that last pass for the last try was just pretty and why and extra play maker should always be an option .

I still think not have Jake at lock is where we team is at. Bull starting in the 13 for mine. But dam they should be lining up for that coming off the pine and having that opportunity to ball play amongst the fatigued late.

Last edited:
That's the type of discipline you cant coach.
Looking at U 👠. He's our first in line in the halves. In time that 13 and 14 option too. You just never know what opportunity awaits. But only he can control if he is ready to take em.

After watching our ex Manly five eight come off the bench for the Aussies last night. He went way better taking a ruck and roaming all be it when the heat had been taken out of the game at that level then I would was expecting. And that last pass for the last try was just pretty and why and extra play maker should always be an option .

I still think not have Jake at lock is where we team is at. Bull starting in the 13 for mine. But dam they should be lining up for that coming off the pine and having that opportunity to ball play amongst the fatigued late.
Are you thinking Arthur off the bench into a ball playing lock? I don’t mind that idea. Would need to be him or Gordie at 14 though, probably can’t carry both.

Are you thinking Arthur off the bench into a ball playing lock? I don’t mind that idea. Would need to be him or Gordie at 14 though, probably can’t carry both.
Yeah. Its an option we should have.

Seibs in 23 wasn't a fan of using the lock in that attacking way and we are a rarity in playing a prop at lock.

Out interest in brown may suggest nothing will change.

But I'd like us to keep that option up our sleeve. Throw Mattison into that group as well. Lawton if he stays. Shoe depending how he returns this off season. If Lawton dosen't stay we need another 9 in the squad and Croker is an option as well.

It all comes back to how the coach wants that lock spot.

But I reckon Bull should get first crack for that first 60 mins of that.

ARTHUR WANTS NRL​

A number of NRL clubs are monitoring the form of Manly Sea Eagles back-up half Jake Arthur in NSW Cup while he is stuck behind Daly Cherry Evans and Luke Brooks.

Manly also has the highly regarded Jamie Humphreys as a back-up in the halves.

The likes of the Gold Coast Titans, the Bulldogs, the Rabbitohs and Newcastle are all lacking quality around the halves positions.

Arthur is no world beater but there is great potential.

He is under contract until the end of next season at Brookvale but, like all 21-year-olds, he wants to play first grade NRL.

And that opportunity may come around quicker at a rival club.

Stuck behind Luke Brooks and Daly Cherry-Evans at Manly, playmaker Jake Arthur has captured the attention of rival clubs. Credit: NRL Photos

ARTHUR WANTS NRL​

A number of NRL clubs are monitoring the form of Manly Sea Eagles back-up half Jake Arthur in NSW Cup while he is stuck behind Daly Cherry Evans and Luke Brooks.

Manly also has the highly regarded Jamie Humphreys as a back-up in the halves.

The likes of the Gold Coast Titans, the Bulldogs, the Rabbitohs and Newcastle are all lacking quality around the halves positions.

Arthur is no world beater but there is great potential.

He is under contract until the end of next season at Brookvale but, like all 21-year-olds, he wants to play first grade NRL.

And that opportunity may come around quicker at a rival club.

Stuck behind Luke Brooks and Daly Cherry-Evans at Manly, playmaker Jake Arthur has captured the attention of rival clubs. Credit: NRL Photos
Couldn't begrudge it to him if he left. He is more NRL ready than a bunch of other regular starting halves.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8