Jake sin-binning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You are right re Jake’s tackling technique, the only issue is that he gets no benefit for it because he doesn’t go for the wrestle. He just knocks them straight down but the refs demand he lets them straight up

It’s just another total bollocks rule/interpretation change that works against guys who play the game properly. Cutting a guy in half by hitting him hard across the hips or under the ribs and sitting him on his arse was rewarded for a while there, by being called as ‘dominant tackle’ and the tackler being given a bit more leeway to get up (in theory, anyway).

Seems like now the NRL want ineffective tackles that need 3 guys to hold a player up without getting him to ground, or that end up in a ‘stacks on’ with ample opportunity for the grubs to get knees and elbows and joint locks happening.

It was well in their favour at one point though, they got what, 4 in a row early when the refs were trying to walk them over the try line (same as they did for Brisbane’s 1st try last week).

Late-ish in the game when Fox were flashing the stats up it was 12-9 their way, so there were the usual late square-ups to make the ledger look fair.

thats right, its all a matter of where and when they r given. Thats what kills or creates momentum.

Can someone explain how Henry Perenara is an NRL level referee? Just because he has a referee's certificate and did actually play in the NRL doesn't mean that he is good enough to referee an NRL game.

The talent pool for refs must be extremely small if he is deemed to be good enough not only for the NRL but international games as well (he's reffed 9 tests)

Th penalties were only 6-5 when Jake gave one away. Why didn't Melbourne get a player binned when they reached 7 penalties. Supposed to be even

Exactly, standard was set yet 2 sets of rules yet again.

How can we lose someone for the 7th penalty yet they don't after giving away 11?

The penalty that resulted in the warning was questionable at best. Watching the replay I'm not certain Walker was offside, but not sure who made the call because Perenara wasn't even watching Walker

Perinara is hopeless. A bigger problem here is the 2 refs. It simply means 1 extra person looking to find infringements. Even the game last week was so annoying to watch in the first half as the refs go on this drive to make the game into a touch footy game. Then later the frequency of penalties for all the same kind of efforts to delay the play the ball just drop off (probably as the refs start to look at their stats). The game's rhythm has changed alot: it's now more like NFL with frequent 'time outs' for checking replays, 'injuries' (sometimes look a lot like delaying tactics), talk talks with captains. When time is back on they start out wanting the high speed touch footy game and gradually lose interest in that.

Manly had 5 or so penalties defending their try line on Saturday night....like most games these new rapid fire calls at times seem odd, but part of today's game so can cop that sweet.

5-6 minutes later in the Storm's half, Jake gives away a penalty for holding back a player without the ball (fair penalty 100%)

My confusion is -

1) This was a completely different offence compared to earlier penalties for holding down/offside ect....was under the impression it was for repeated infringements of similar nature.

2) There were several sets of back and forth, so was the next penalty even..... say 25 minutes later, would he have been binned?? Is there a time limit in between or after a warning is the next offender even 1 hour later for a different infringement to the bin??

3) Walker binned for sledging??
As a fan and player of Rugby League for over 30 years, it has always been a part of the sport.
Some like it, some don't - but the only words I feel lead to a sin bin are directed at the referee....is this a new ruling or did I miss it being added to sin bin offences ??

God itself doesnt know the answers to 1 or 2.

As for 3, I really dont care. I haven't brought into Walker, he will probably always be a Souths wimp to me, one who lacks any respect.

Manly had 5 or so penalties defending their try line on Saturday night....like most games these new rapid fire calls at times seem odd, but part of today's game so can cop that sweet.

5-6 minutes later in the Storm's half, Jake gives away a penalty for holding back a player without the ball (fair penalty 100%)

My confusion is -

1) This was a completely different offence compared to earlier penalties for holding down/offside ect....was under the impression it was for repeated infringements of similar nature.

2) There were several sets of back and forth, so was the next penalty even..... say 25 minutes later, would he have been binned?? Is there a time limit in between or after a warning is the next offender even 1 hour later for a different infringement to the bin??

3) Walker binned for sledging??
As a fan and player of Rugby League for over 30 years, it has always been a part of the sport.
Some like it, some don't - but the only words I feel lead to a sin bin are directed at the referee....is this a new ruling or did I miss it being added to sin bin offences ??

I’m really surprised you don’t know that rules are made up “ on the run” to massage the game to the refs pre-determined outcome.

Surely you knew that???

The NRL are pretty large business, $1 billion broadcast deal, 160 million in players plus how much in tix and merch sales and they cant get referees to make the right calls.

Any other professional national competition anywhere in the 1st world would not continue to not get better officiating their own game.

After Manly's repeated infringements near the tryline, Perenara said, something along the lines of, the next indiscretion will result in a player going to the bin. Normally this is a veiled threat and/or the ref only bins someone if they do a similar indiscretion but in this instance Perenara stuck to his word and sent the next one to the bin. Jake should never have been sent to the bin for what he did but good on Perenara for going through with what he said.

Hopefully one day the players will get the message to stop giving away cheap penalties near the tryline. It would have been interesting to see if he would have sent someone to the bin if the next infringement was a long time later.

After Manly's repeated infringements near the tryline, Perenara said, something along the lines of, the next indiscretion will result in a player going to the bin. Normally this is a veiled threat and/or the ref only bins someone if they do a similar indiscretion but in this instance Perenara stuck to his word and sent the next one to the bin. Jake should never have been sent to the bin for what he did but good on Perenara for going through with what he said.

Hopefully one day the players will get the message to stop giving away cheap penalties near the tryline. It would have been interesting to see if he would have sent someone to the bin if the next infringement was a long time later.

Wouldn’t it be funny ( highly unlikely of course) but imagine the next penalty was with 5 minutes to go and the warning was at the 20 minute mark.

Off you go Jakie boy, and Jake turns around and says “ you are sin binning me for a strip, WTF!!!”

I would piss myself laughing ( except if we were losing).

No he said " you won't like what happens next" He says it all the time and it pisses me off.

I hated when he asked Daly if he knew what the rules are when players throw punches.

I think rodo's explanation is good as it will get.....but far from convinced this will be consistent in the future, or that he got it right for a different infringement 5 minutes later half way up the field.....
Also if anyone knows this new rule on going to the sin bin for sledging, as I didn't realise it was the case until this game.

No he said " you won't like what happens next" He says it all the time and it pisses me off.

I hated when he asked Daly if he knew what the rules are when players throw punches.

Yet if Daly asks him if he knew the rules he would get in trouble!

This topics was discussed in an earlier post headed 'Jake sin-binning' so in keeping with the new rules it should be merged, shouldn't it?

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10