Jake sin-binning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
This was ridiculous. It was for repeated infringements, yet it happened a long time after the last penalty and was not for a 'repeat' offence. It was for tackling a player without the ball.
Now, it is all very well for a ref to say "the next player who infringes is off" but that ruling must only apply if the offence is the same ie. defending on the goal line, and surely there is a time limit to which it applies.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Sin bins are the NRL's flavour of the week. Literally, this week.

There has been a sin bin every match this round. Coincidence?

It was obvious that it was going to happen for whatever reason. Precedence and sound reasoning need not apply here.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Yeap referee amatuer hour.

Repeat infringment sin bins normally relate to repeat offences in a short period in the same passages of play.

Storm failed to score, we already had a set then the penalty occured halfway down. Should have been continue on.

I understand if we were back defending our line, but not in the middle of the field.

Refs were in a mood to send players.

Last edited:

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I am more concerned about how Jake is the most penalised player in the comp. I don’t see him doing anything more than others, although his passion does lend itself to the odd blow-up at the referee.
Jake is clearly on the referee ‘tip sheet’, which only prejudices their view of things involving Jake.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This was ridiculous. It was for repeated infringements, yet it happened a long time after the last penalty and was not for a 'repeat' offence. It was for tackling a player without the ball.
Now, it is all very well for a ref to say "the next player who infringes is off" but that ruling must only apply if the offence is the same ie. defending on the goal line, and surely there is a time limit to which it applies.

as I said before Peranara tried his hardest to give the drizzle a win .... but failed ... Go Manly

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As said elsewhere, if a team is on a "last warning" for ill discipline and they give away an attacking shepherd penalty or the like, would that player get binned ?

yokahontas

Bencher
I am more concerned about how Jake is the most penalised player in the comp. I don’t see him doing anything more than others, although his passion does lend itself to the odd blow-up at the referee.
Jake is clearly on the referee ‘tip sheet’, which only prejudices their view of things involving Jake.

Far from doing anything more than others - Jake’s tackling technique would be one of the cleanest in the game, and tackling low the way he normally does - well, it doesn’t put him in a position to be rubbing elbows across faces etc a la the purple scum. Why aren’t they all on tip sheets?!

On second thoughts, just send that whole bull**** club to the tip and be done with it...

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Far from doing anything more than others - Jake’s tackling technique would be one of the cleanest in the game, and tackling low the way he normally does - well, it doesn’t put him in a position to be rubbing elbows across faces etc a la the purple scum. Why aren’t they all on tip sheets?!

On second thoughts, just send that whole bull**** club to the tip and be done with it...
You are right re Jake’s tackling technique, the only issue is that he gets no benefit for it because he doesn’t go for the wrestle. He just knocks them straight down but the refs demand he lets them straight up

Clay

Bencher

I can't wait for Melbourne to become a sh#t team. If last night was a glimpse to the future without the big 3 then looks like I will be happy for a while

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Storm last night were outstanding in wrestling our players in every tackle, that is the only area they outperformed us, what a travesty that this has become part of a rugby league match.

And as for the 'general warning', it is another of this year's NRL jokes, there is zero consistency about how this is applied.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Th penalties were only 6-5 when Jake gave one away. Why didn't Melbourne get a player binned when they reached 7 penalties. Supposed to be even

Clay

Bencher
Th penalties were only 6-5 when Jake gave one away. Why didn't Melbourne get a player binned when they reached 7 penalties. Supposed to be even
Pretty sure we actually won the penalty count last night and Storm never got an official warning and Manly received it twice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13