James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
You know, good on Lewis for those two intercept try runs he's had in the past couple of games.....but lets be honest. How far offside was he each time? He was miles offside against us and I saw footage of his try at Gosford and he was 5 metres in front of the ref before Jake Friend had even passed the ball.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Same reason Walker isn't ?

Seems to be a complete obsession with size these days, hence playing guys like Dugan out of position

Plenty of depth in NSW at the moment when you consider Tom, Mansour, Walker, Roberts, Mitchell could probably do as good a job as what's there

Last edited:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The same thing can be said about players like DCE Vaughan and Walker who ran rings around Hayne last time they played against each other
Next question ?
Those others were all mentioned and debated by all the NRL Shows.

I haven't heard any Media on why Roberts should be considred.

He must have defensive issues to be ignored at this time of year @:cool:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but as a team we have the most tries from inside our own half so far this year.

This stat alone tells me that we do not have speed issues.
Correct me is I am wrong but any team would benefit and improve with dynamic players on their roster .
Correct me if I am wrong again but big match experienced players win big match semi final games and don't melt under pressure

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

I never heard from any one in the media that Roberts has defensive issues HM
We will take it as a must have from an expert like you though :)

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

Think mainly because everyone has been set on keeping the same lineup

In the first 6 weeks of the comp was a lot of chat about Roberts being the NSW centre then he got injured a few weeks before the 1st side got named

yokahontas

Bencher
You are right yokahontas . Every one is entitled to their opinion and all 24 year olds are entitled to be given time to learn from their mistakes and we have all made plenty
View attachment 5841

He's been given time, and chances aplenty, and yet the behaviour persists. Other players, as mentioned numerous times, have taken their second chance and addressed their issues; some have not, and remain a ticking time bomb.

A 24 year old is not a child; James Roberts is also a father - and if that hasn't given him the push he needs to fix his substance abuse and violence issues, it's difficult to see what will.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
He's been given time, and chances aplenty, and yet the behaviour persists. Other players, as mentioned numerous times, have taken their second chance and addressed their issues; some have not, and remain a ticking time bomb.

A 24 year old is not a child; James Roberts is also a father - and if that hasn't given him the push he needs to fix his substance abuse and violence issues, it's difficult to see what will.
Sometimes the ticking time bomb gets defused
There is hope for every one . Even Roberts.
Players like the Immortal Andrew Johns had many issues of his own
It is easy to condemn .

yokahontas

Bencher
Sometimes the ticking time bomb gets defused
There is hope for every one . Even Roberts.
Players like the Immortal Andrew Johns had many issues of his own
It is easy to condemn .

Yes, he did - in fact it's not difficult to see that Andrew Johns STILL has the substance abuse issues he had during his playing career. Why? Never made to take responsibility for his actions and address his issues. Gee, who else can we think of who fits that category, amongst the current playing group...?

By the way, being named an immortal by a bunch of journalists doesn't make you a good human. It doesn't even make you immortal, in fact...weird, huh?!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yes, he did - in fact it's not difficult to see that Andrew Johns STILL has the substance abuse issues he had during his playing career. Why? Never made to take responsibility for his actions and address his issues. Gee, who else can we think of who fits that category, amongst the current playing group...?

By the way, being named an immortal by a bunch of journalists doesn't make you a good human. It doesn't even make you immortal, in fact...weird, huh?!
Being made an Immortal by a bunch of journalists that have covered the game extensively for many years does not prove that you are a great human . It does acknowledge though that the player nominated was a great talent .
Back to Jimmy the Super sonic Jet ......
Our depth in the backline is
Jonathan Wright Shuster Parker
Having the Jet as part of our backline options makes our Sea eagles a more dominant side .
If the negative nellies on here cant see this our coaching staff can as the rumours that we are interested in the Jet are strong
Berrett has proven to be a good leader of men and I am sure Roberts will be in good hands

Walker Explosive
Turbo Dynamic
Roberts Electrifying
One line break 100m out and its .....
Catch us if you can !!!
39BB63D200000578-3888942-image-a-20_1477909703312.jpg

D

Deleted member 26876

@Turbo1 I am not sure where you get all your BS facts from but his defence is not worse than kellys. In FACT he has made 191 tackles and missed 22 all year. BK on the other hand, has made 168 tackles and missed 37, so he has made less tackles and missed almost double. So, tell me again how BKs defence is better?? I'm keen to understand your LOGIC here? Like your passion mate but your constant "he's the best, he's the quickest," needs to be backed up by fact as opposed to to fantasy. Roberts 10 tries compared to BKs 6. Roberts 61 tackle breaks to BKs 22. All run metres 1520 for BK vs 2059 for Roberts. The only stat I can see BK has a leg up is errors (14 vs 17). Roberts has more offloads (12) to BKs (9). So, in summary, does BK show promise. Yes. Does he need to lift, yes! Is Roberts speed the only skill he has over BK, NO! Stats don't lie mate.
Problem is that not all stats tell stories. James Roberts doesn't often miss tackles, however that doesn't mean he can't let in tries with bad decisions. I will need to watch Brisbane play again, when they do I will analyse his defence some more, although then again I believe they're playing the knights

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...executive-todd-greenberg-20170125-gtyuin.html

Quote from the article;
There's this doozy about his departure from Souths. The final straw came when he finished a training session at Redfern Oval, and then proceeded to a nearby pub and started drinking in his training gear.

We won't elaborate on what happened next but an incident that occurred while he was still in his training gear, captured on CCTV footage, was enough for the club to sack him.

So he went to Penrith. General manager Phil Gould has put together many broken souls over the years, and could see the unbelievable potential in Roberts. Thurston-like is how Gus once described him to me, such is Roberts' raw ability.

Then another alcohol-related incident occurred and he had to go.

When Roberts was thrown a lifeline by the Gold Coast Titans, he said: "I don't feel like it's my last chance, I feel like it's my best chance". He was also placed on a 12-month alcohol ban.

In 2015, he showed everyone what he was capable of. Then he walked out on the Gold Coast, using a minor stuff up with his Titans contract to join the Broncos under Wayne Bennett.

On August 17 last year, he was issued with a fine for public nuisance after he allegedly abused a female member of the bar staff at the Normanby Hotel near the Brisbane CBD.

Bouncers reportedly placed him in a choke hold, he passed out, and when he came to he got up, dusted himself off and went to another pub.

With the finals looming, he wasn't suspended but slugged $20,000 and ordered to undergo a "well being plan".

In September, he checked himself into a Thai rehab clinic and returned to training … only to find himself on the drink again at the Magic Millions, the popular race meeting on the Gold Coast held in the second week of January.

Does anyone else see a pattern here? Does anyone else believe the best course of action for Roberts is to not play football and take time out to properly deal with the very serious alcohol problem that is destroying his life and career?

We could debate for weeks the punitive action that should be taken against him, but what about doing the best for the individual? That player welfare stuff that's jammed down our throats.

The timing of all this is fitting. If there is one person Roberts should speak to, it is Mitchell Pearce.

Exactly a year ago, the Roosters captain was involved in his infamous and drunken Australia Day poodle scandal. He was rubbed out for eight weeks and slapped with a $125,000 fine. He didn't break the law – he just embarrassed the code and his club.

His punishment was far too heavy in comparison to other players who have erred in the last year. Corey Norman pleads guilty to drug possession and sends out a sex tape on social media. He receives an eight-week ban but only a $20,000 fine? Go figure.

As those close to Pearce tell you, though, he's come out the other side a better man. As those who are recovering from alcohol issues will also tell you, you're at war with yourself each day.

Roberts doesn't need a last-last-last-final warning as much as time to sort his life out.

The Broncos – who are so short on centres they are going to play Benji Marshall there – will tell you the day-to-day routine of football can only help him.

Yep. Sure. Because it's really helped him so far.

D

Deleted member 26876

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...executive-todd-greenberg-20170125-gtyuin.html

Quote from the article;
There's this doozy about his departure from Souths. The final straw came when he finished a training session at Redfern Oval, and then proceeded to a nearby pub and started drinking in his training gear.

We won't elaborate on what happened next but an incident that occurred while he was still in his training gear, captured on CCTV footage, was enough for the club to sack him.

So he went to Penrith. General manager Phil Gould has put together many broken souls over the years, and could see the unbelievable potential in Roberts. Thurston-like is how Gus once described him to me, such is Roberts' raw ability.

Then another alcohol-related incident occurred and he had to go.

When Roberts was thrown a lifeline by the Gold Coast Titans, he said: "I don't feel like it's my last chance, I feel like it's my best chance". He was also placed on a 12-month alcohol ban.

In 2015, he showed everyone what he was capable of. Then he walked out on the Gold Coast, using a minor stuff up with his Titans contract to join the Broncos under Wayne Bennett.

On August 17 last year, he was issued with a fine for public nuisance after he allegedly abused a female member of the bar staff at the Normanby Hotel near the Brisbane CBD.

Bouncers reportedly placed him in a choke hold, he passed out, and when he came to he got up, dusted himself off and went to another pub.

With the finals looming, he wasn't suspended but slugged $20,000 and ordered to undergo a "well being plan".

In September, he checked himself into a Thai rehab clinic and returned to training … only to find himself on the drink again at the Magic Millions, the popular race meeting on the Gold Coast held in the second week of January.

Does anyone else see a pattern here? Does anyone else believe the best course of action for Roberts is to not play football and take time out to properly deal with the very serious alcohol problem that is destroying his life and career?

We could debate for weeks the punitive action that should be taken against him, but what about doing the best for the individual? That player welfare stuff that's jammed down our throats.

The timing of all this is fitting. If there is one person Roberts should speak to, it is Mitchell Pearce.

Exactly a year ago, the Roosters captain was involved in his infamous and drunken Australia Day poodle scandal. He was rubbed out for eight weeks and slapped with a $125,000 fine. He didn't break the law – he just embarrassed the code and his club.

His punishment was far too heavy in comparison to other players who have erred in the last year. Corey Norman pleads guilty to drug possession and sends out a sex tape on social media. He receives an eight-week ban but only a $20,000 fine? Go figure.

As those close to Pearce tell you, though, he's come out the other side a better man. As those who are recovering from alcohol issues will also tell you, you're at war with yourself each day.

Roberts doesn't need a last-last-last-final warning as much as time to sort his life out.

The Broncos – who are so short on centres they are going to play Benji Marshall there – will tell you the day-to-day routine of football can only help him.

Yep. Sure. Because it's really helped him so far.
That's it we cannot have him end of story, huge risk.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15