James Roberts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hahaha that's true, it's a risk... although there would be some benifits ;) stop persuading me!!

Nah I'll stick to Kelly, I love the kid and want him here long term, Roberts a gun player although the baggage he carries is heavy enough to hold the eagle down from soaring
I understand where your coming from feathered friend .
No one knows what the future holds and when you look at it philosophically everything is a risk .
Will we sign Roberts ? Maybe , maybe not
Will Kelly be a great player ? Maybe , maybe not
In this world Harry nothing is certain except death and taxes

Holmsey

Bencher
No one knows what the future holds and when you look at it philosophically everything is a risk .
In this world Harry nothing is certain except death and taxes[/QUOTE]

A couple more things that are certain in life you missed...

If your an ovverated exile and not in the best 17 at your club you get picked for origin. just ask ben hunt.

Parra are scum

Storm are cheats

Greenburg is a greenturd

Sky is blue

Dogs will forever remember mitchell pearce

BA is the dalai and will save us all

Roosters cheat the cap

Parra are scum

Broncos cheat the cap

What politis wants politis gets

Trump will start world war 5, after 3 and 4

Parra are scum

Chad townsends hair is perfect

I think ive covered it all hopefully.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Correct me is I am wrong but any team would benefit and improve with dynamic players on their roster .
Correct me if I am wrong again but big match experienced players win big match semi final games and don't melt under pressure

I think we have some pretty dynamic players on our roster as it stands right now. Some of them are really young and have massive upside.

I dont feel like we have speed issues, as we seem to be pretty proficient at scoring tries from our own half.

And thirdly, I get the feeling that Roberts may well upset the apple cart. The current team are bonded, playing for each other and the coach, etc, etc...Roberts does not strike me as a team player, similar to Hayne in that regard.

And fourthly, as has been mentioned by others....do we sign Roberts and then play him on the other side of the field to his usual, or force the form centre of the comp to swap sides ?

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Doesn't surprise me with the Titans covering stuff up

I had an altercation with 1 of their up and coming players walking up the main st of Auckland a couple of years back after the 9s, he was drinking straight from a Jim Beam bottle and could barely walk trying to start a fight with us, Anthony Milford was with him apologising to us and trying to get him under control, Milford seemed like a good kid. Got in touch with the Titans to discuss it and never heard back from them

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Doesn't surprise me with the Titans covering stuff up

I had an altercation with 1 of their up and coming players walking up the main st of Auckland a couple of years back after the 9s, he was drinking straight from a Jim Beam bottle and could barely walk trying to start a fight with us, Anthony Milford was with him apologising to us and trying to get him under control, Milford seemed like a good kid. Got in touch with the Titans to discuss it and never heard back from them

Just think about all the "alleged" cocaine issues at the titans and the clubs MO becomes clear.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I can't believe anyone would want to jeopardise the settled player team that we have. Do we have such short memories. The last 2-3 years have been hell on a stick due to troubles with the playing group. We have the most settled team who all seem to get on and it is paying dividends on the field. Why would we want to bring in a known troubled player to unsettle all that. Seems like a crazy idea to me

Last edited:

Fluffy

Journey Man
I say a yes to Roberts, as well as every origin, Kiwi, pommy test player, jnr kangaroo, jnr kiwi, jnr origin player.

Buy the lot, what is stopping us?

oh right a salary cap that needs to be balanced.

Would you get 300K extra value per year out of Roberts is the question?

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
In this world Harry nothing is certain except death and taxes

and a pissed off wife!

Ned

Bencher
If he comes here I'm sure the club is aware of his behavioral issues (we all are and we don't have inside information) and I'm sure they will make that part of his contract.

They've already show that they don't put up with talented dickheads with Willis Meehan and I'm sure it'll be the same with Roberts....if we sign him that is.

While I do think Kelly has been good, and has earned a spot in the NRL this could be another Parcell moment where the insiders at the club make a good call to move us up the ladder. I'd rather see potential signings like this than journeymen who's best days are behind them like Mr Plod, and even if we don't get him it's a move in the right direction for recruitment. And yes before anybody mentions I'm aware that Uate is an exception to that rule.

Midnight Rambler

'Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnly'
Thing is, Lyon & Matai lacked speed, & by that I mean blistering pace. Walker's got plenty, whilst Kelly, sadly lacks in this department. It would be nice to have Roberts in the side, for that reason alone. I don't like the idea of Kelly losing his place in the starting side, but there's nothing wrong with having him as injury cover, on the wing or at 3/4. Problem is he'll be relegated, after being a starter in his 1st full year.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
Dylan Walker has definitely had his troubles in the past, but look at him now. Barrett seems like a good mentor for someone like Roberts, and he would 100% improve our team. I would love him, but I'm also not ready to give up on Kelly.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dylan Walker has definitely had his troubles in the past, but look at him now. Barrett seems like a good mentor for someone like Roberts, and he would 100% improve our team. I would love him, but I'm also not ready to give up on Kelly.

And therein lies the problem, if Roberts came Kelly wouldn't stay, and for that you can't blame him.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I think Walker's off-field behaviour pales in comparison to that of robert's. I still have reserved feeling about Walker, personally I still think he is a bit of a tool. Roberts is just a deadset idiot and has an awful long way to go before he redeems himself - that's if he actually thinks he has actually done anything wrong, which I am not convinced he does.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think we have some pretty dynamic players on our roster as it stands right now. Some of them are really young and have massive upside.

I dont feel like we have speed issues, as we seem to be pretty proficient at scoring tries from our own half.

And thirdly, I get the feeling that Roberts may well upset the apple cart. The current team are bonded, playing for each other and the coach, etc, etc...Roberts does not strike me as a team player, similar to Hayne in that regard.

And fourthly, as has been mentioned by others....do we sign Roberts and then play him on the other side of the field to his usual, or force the form centre of the comp to swap sides ?
Our coaching staff are interested in him . So all your 4 points are your point of view
I am in favour with our coaching staff

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16