Jamie Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wouldn "t say that Weekes was in the dud category with the majority of his few i st grade appearances this season .
Had a couple of good touches when tried as a 9 sub , bit out of his depth when he started as the 6 in that early season game against the Panthers but Manly played quite poorly collectively that night so maybe a bit unfair to his overall i st grade rating taking that into account .
Just could not seem to involve himself effectively when given a shot at full back so not a good outcome there for him .
Then with Garrick and Koula managing so well when switched to full back for the remainder of the season .
May as well have used Weekes instead of Shu as the 6 during that timeframe when Shu was starting to struggle there a bit .
May not have a straight forward opportunity at the Raiders also to nail down a regular i st grade spot but can not doubt his natural ability factor so hard to say really
Johns seemed to compete O K in that i st round game against the Dogs but a bit indifferent after that ,Like Weekes as the 6 and in struggling a bit in being able to assert himself to a required level but also has a few things going for him playing wise and maybe can still have something to offer at a less demanding level

Humphries and GCKT could become our longer-term tandem hooker options. Let's see how they both go this season, but it seems that Croker no longer has a mortgage on that spot. Young Sea Eagles talent secures one-year deal for 2024
Also sends the message to Gordie he isn't guaranteed the back-up hooker role this year. Make 'em all scrap for it. Also Croker has been a bit of an iron man in recent seasons but if he had to miss a few games we'd need more than one back-up.
And Lawton no longer seen as a dummy half option, by the sounds of it.

Only for 2024, maybe the club isn't as excited as some here
Thought just the one year was a little strange too. Also, if Humphries is now considered a hooker then who are we grooming for the 7 after DCE?

Latu Fainu would be good…oh wait! 🤷‍♂️

Thought just the one year was a little strange too. Also, if Humphries is now considered a hooker then who are we grooming for the 7 after DCE?

Latu Fainu would be good…oh wait! 🤷‍♂️
Jake Arthur has to be out succession plan now. Brooks is going to be that senior half when DCE calls time or gets moved out of the halves anyway.

And to be fair Arthur has looked a real talent at Man. Blooded in the NRL at the eels way before his time, that short term pain is generally a long term gain.

Wouldn "t say that Weekes was in the dud category with the majority of his few i st grade appearances this season .
Had a couple of good touches when tried as a 9 sub , bit out of his depth when he started as the 6 in that early season game against the Panthers but Manly played quite poorly collectively that night so maybe a bit unfair to his overall i st grade rating taking that into account .
Just could not seem to involve himself effectively when given a shot at full back so not a good outcome there for him .
Then with Garrick and Koula managing so well when switched to full back for the remainder of the season .
May as well have used Weekes instead of Shu as the 6 during that timeframe when Shu was starting to struggle there a bit .
May not have a straight forward opportunity at the Raiders also to nail down a regular i st grade spot but can not doubt his natural ability factor so hard to say really
Johns seemed to compete O K in that i st round game against the Dogs but a bit indifferent after that ,Like Weekes as the 6 and in struggling a bit in being able to assert himself to a required level but also has a few things going for him playing wise and maybe can still have something to offer at a less demanding level
Reading your post proves Weekes should be put into the dud category.
He was given multiple chances in multiple positions and at different parts of the season yet just didn't make an impact, in fact looked out of his depth.
Genuine NRL stars show their potential very early on within their first 1 or 2 games.
Im not saying he won't be a first grader but he won't be a star that we will miss. NRL dud no..NRL toiler.. yes
Just like the Hopoate boys, all are hailed as future superstar and the next Messiahs only to be average first graders. Even Will only had 1 good season in him.

Reading your post proves Weekes should be put into the dud category.
He was given multiple chances in multiple positions and at different parts of the season yet just didn't make an impact, in fact looked out of his depth.
Genuine NRL stars show their potential very early on within their first 1 or 2 games.
Im not saying he won't be a first grader but he won't be a star that we will miss. NRL dud no..NRL toiler.. yes
Just like the Hopoate boys, all are hailed as future superstar and the next Messiahs only to be average first graders. Even Will only had 1 good season in him.
Still would not generally rate Weekes limited i st grade appearances on the dud side though certainly on the disappointing side .
Not the most competitive of oppositions at the time but went O K as the run on full back against the Dogs at the end of season 22 .
Then some good touches in the last trial against the Roosters this season but was disappointing when given his opportunities against the Titans and was it the Eels as the run on full back and again as the run on 6 against the Panthers early on .
Again did some useful things in his very limited stint as a replacement 9 early on also this season
Apparently some quite reasonable form when featuring for Blacktown and of course definitely a shame again that that did not translate in i st grade .

Still would not generally rate Weekes limited i st grade appearances on the dud side though certainly on the disappointing side .
Not the most competitive of oppositions at the time but went O K as the run on full back against the Dogs at the end of season 22 .
Then some good touches in the last trial against the Roosters this season but was disappointing when given his opportunities against the Titans and was it the Eels as the run on full back and again as the run on 6 against the Panthers early on .
Again did some useful things in his very limited stint as a replacement 9 early on also this season
Apparently some quite reasonable form when featuring for Blacktown and of course definitely a shame again that that did not translate in i st grade .
I reckon Weekes has some decent quality and will prove a reasonable option at Raiders, but is fair to wave goodbye based on 2023.
He is what is known as a "confidence player" and he was absolutely crushed in his 5/8 debut against of all teams....the benchmark 3 years running in the ruthless Panthers, who tore Manly to shreds in a dominant performance performace while Manly were deers in the headlights.
For a young bloke in such a key position to have his "big name" players around him fall apart, is far from the ideal situation and I don't care if it was Bob Fulton, Andrew Johns or an angel from the skies, ANY player in the halves behind that team who was chewed up and spat out would have looked like a park player.
There have been Many past players who did not recover including Phil blake, who was unfairly touted as the next "Bob Fulton", but crashed and burned after losing 2 consecutive GF's to Eels as a rookie and don't get me wrong, Weekes is a fair way of Blake, simply an example of a confidence player.
The change of scenery was Weekes and Manly's best option and I wish the young fella all the Best.

I dunno, players develop at different rates. Sure the genuinely special like Turbo, Inglis, Fittler and the like made an instant impact but there are plenty like Glenn Stewart, Yeo, Edwards, Hynes, C Walker who came along much more slowly.

Last edited:
I feel like his physical traits > GCKT. Is also a very good goal kicker and general play kicker. Could he end up being our interchange hooker (with upside that he can also play 6 and 7)?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8