Jamie Lyon Goal Kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus said:
I can tell you "what if"... DCE would be at the Dogs and we wouldn't have won the 2011 comp
Yes and then we wouldn't appear on Paul Kent's list of imaginary premiers that year.

I love Cherry too @MadMarcus and wouldn't swap him now, but it's a stretch to say he won us the comp on his own in that rookie season...

Pretty handy side around him.

And I was merely being hypothetical.

Whenever Jamie kicks for a goal from the sideline I think he's going to miss it and most of the time he does.
Didn't he have some soccer kicking coach iron out his kicks last year?
After he was coached he was really hitting them sweetly, I wonder what's happened?

Agree, Eagle has landed.
Then there's the kickers who you think will never miss, Adam Reynolds & young Croker.

Back in the StoneAge(1974) I remember
John Gray arrived at the Bears with his
"around the corner" kicks, it's was quite a revelation.

HappilyManly said:
Watching the other games this week, most goal kickers kicked them from the sidelines without a problem. :cool:

Killer needs to have an understudy, as Matai is also at the 'senior' end of his career.

Speaking of whom, knowing that Matai kicks like a horse, why doesn't he do the goal line drop outs :huh: Friday night, with a damaged back, he still managed to tap it 60 meters over the deadball line :s

I've wondered about Matai also. He's got a huge kick on him and could score goals from 60 metres out with the distance he has in his kicking. Does he have an accuracy problem because he seems otherwise to have a hell of a kick on him.

Technical Coach said:
Cliffy said:
Practice makes perfect.

Only perfect practice makes perfect, practicing bad techniques will achieve more of the same with work arounds incorporated in to compensate for errors that will not hold up in the long term.

Well der. I don't think Cliffy Is god was inferring Jaime run at the ball backwards and kick it with his left earlobe for hours at a time.

:cool:

Also (to anyone...don't have to say you're a tc for this one).... Isn't Joey still on our books? Why wouldn't Jamie get tips from him?

and practice! :p

He used to have sessions with Graeme Arnold who, until recently, was coaching in japan

Not convinced Killer realizes there is a problem. Until it's clear to him, and he is injury free, don't think there'll be any improvement.

If both he & DCE are off the field, who would take over kicking duties ? Is that person practising ?

meh, even a stopped (analogue) clock is right twice a day.

teehee

Another player who obviously reads this site and knew he had to pick up his kicking game after reading this thread.

Modesty dictates i should not bask in all this glory----media training 101 states in moments like these i should deflect the compliments to my team-mates, fans and coaching staff for believing in me.

Ok i should retire at the top of my game and move on to greener pastures this technical stuff is way too easy and not challenging enough.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6