Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
Ryan said:
I'd prefer it to be any other player on the team than Lyon. I'd truly be gutted - he is the best, most important player on this team, by some. I'd let Foran, DCE, whoever go before this guy.

Agree apart from the last bit. Unfortunately Lyon is getting on in age and the others are young, would be crazy to let them go (they could be with us for another 8 years) only to have Lyon for 2 more.

Yep, totally agree.

Ryan said:
Garts said:
Ryan said:
I'd prefer it to be any other player on the team than Lyon. I'd truly be gutted - he is the best, most important player on this team, by some. I'd let Foran, DCE, whoever go before this guy.

Agree apart from the last bit. Unfortunately Lyon is getting on in age and the others are young, would be crazy to let them go (they could be with us for another 8 years) only to have Lyon for 2 more.

Bull****, I could see Jamie Lyon as a centre and the player he is easily playing another 4-5 years as a 36 odd year old.

We made the mistake once with Beaver. Don't do that again.

I want answers on this. I can handle Whare, Oldfield, Robinson, Harrison, Williams, Hopoate & others. This is just not on.

Maybe, maybe not. Not many can play on till 36. In saying that I would be happy if we signed him for 3 years. He is showing no signs of decline, in recent years he has only got better.

I actually think if he was to go he would be leaving to England. I also cant see how Titans would have much more money than we do. I would love to say its all bull**** but lets face it after the Des fiasco I can never relax when i hear rumours now. One thing is for sure he is a massive part of our team behind the scenes and on the field so if he does go its gonna hurt us big time. Easily our go to man and would make no sense to re-sign stewart and lose Whare and Lyon to do it?????????????

The Mole (not Rebecca Wilson) replied on twitter:

"Heard the rumor, doubt its true... Although Moley did write months ago that the NRL hadn't registered his @manlyseaeagles deal."

This is purely conjecture and has no basis on any information received. However could it be possible that Will Hopoate's contract with Parra has a caveat in respect of his brother and father being at Parra and both are now back at Manly. Is it possible that Stuart, having regard to the huge amount Parra are outlaying for Will, may see this as a way to loosen money by letting him go. Could Lyon's rumoured move to Gold Coast be a means of loosening money for Manly to get Will back in 2014.

Just a thought and as I say no basis in fact here...just conjecture.

Hahahah please, this is hilarious! Yeah we are going to let our captain and MVP go, as if, everyone relax, Lyon is not going anywhere!!

As I said on twitter, if its true with Idris and Jamie the Titans would then have 1 good centre.

Then main reason to doubt the rumour is that it's been stated its for 2013.

Dont think its true but if it was Im in two minds about. Jamie is a champion bloke and a champion player if for money or life style or even motivational reasons (already won premerships with Manly) he wanted to leave Id be happy with that , I would hate it but I would understand it he has done his bit for the Manly club.

bob dylan said:
As I said on twitter, if its true with Idris and Jamie the Titans would then have 1 good centre.

I could'nt see Jamie signing with another club so close to the start of the season. He'd know what sort of effect that would have on club morale, especially with him being captain. He does'nt strike me as the sort of bloke to go out of his way to destabilise the team.

if this is true then i would hold the clubs administrators fully accountable.... He is our best player, our best leader and our best club ambassador !!!!

It would make me sick if this is true!!!!!!!!

I am hoping its just a beat up and not true at all

No need for panic, its just a rumour I heard from a couple of Titans fans. Obviously its completely unsubstantiated, was just seeing if anyone had heard anything similar.

I would be surprised if he left. He is has bought a block and building a house at Warriewood next to my best mate.

I don't care about his age, he is getting better each year!!!!

MadMarcus said:
Apparently it is a package deal with Choc and the Stewart brothers. They are all desperate to play under Cartwright.

I can confirm that both snake and choc were getting a plane from the Gold Coast back to Sydney on Sunday arvo. Maybe they were doing the groundwork on this massive package deal? lol

Moondog said:
bob dylan said:

I could'nt see Jamie signing with another club so close to the start of the season. He'd know what sort of effect that would have on club morale, especially with him being captain. He does'nt strike me as the sort of bloke to go out of his way to destabilise the team.
exactly,especially after the way he came out last year and had a pot shot at Hasler for doing the dirty on Tooves for leaving him in the lurch,I would be surprised

Roger said:
MadMarcus said:
Apparently it is a package deal with Choc and the Stewart brothers. They are all desperate to play under Cartwright.

I can confirm that both snake and choc were getting a plane from the Gold Coast back to Sydney on Sunday arvo. Maybe they were doing the groundwork on this massive package deal? lol

Brett and Glenn were at the magic millions horse sales and bought a race horse

The best strategy here, and obviously I'm not privy to the inner workings of the salary cap, but it would seem we would want killer to usher the next generation of outside backs into manly. Spend this year blooding our next generation of props (Sao, Cunningham, trbojevic, Lawrence). Let kite and kingy go at the end of the year and give killer whatever he needs to stay.

You can replace props and get more or less the same quality of output out of them a lot easier than trying to replace the class,guile and leadership of someone like Lyon.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8