Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Larissa said:
A press release from the Club officially commenting will be out shortly.

Can you give us some kind of idea how long we have to wait for said press release Larissa ?

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Yes, we've seen it all before with Fulton and Vautin, but to my mind Jamie Lyon is a more influential player than both of them. Still hoping he sees out his career with us. Be nice to get through at least one pre-season without bull**** like this…

No player in the history of the club has been more influential than Fulton.
Lyon is a champion player; Fulton is a legend.

If he is released I'm not going to blame the club, or at least this administration. Its not a simple as give him an extra year and we'll figure it out later on.

To take our mind off it, let's run a little book on what time the first post or thread will hit this website quoting the MWSE press release.

My $2.00 is on 2.38pm

from the SMH

The Sea Eagles are preparing a media release. It will quote Jamie Lyon, who will see out the remainder of his contract.

bennyeagle said:
Well now we know how parra fans felt ! How can you just walk away from our club !

His statement about last year and everyone abandoning tooves is a total joke now !

It's even easier second time round.

Feeling really sick about this now. I can't believe we have let him go. There goes any chance this year I'm afraid. What a piss poor start to the year. I'm gutted.

What worries me is we could easily say no Jamie you aint going you are under contract ..... so assume we are happy to cop this because we have no choice due to salary cap and have had no luck in shifting Kite/Rose or Mauro.

If Jamie has started this and left it to last minute when we have no chance of finding a replacement then I say play this year for us or sit on the sidelines BUT If the club are the ones driving this due to salary cap then sheesh that really sucks. Not sure what I believe yet.

other outlets are claiming he will see out 2013 and move on at years end!!!!!!!

heard that before hey Dessy!!!!!!!!!!

master blaster said:
Stevie said:
from the SMH

The Sea Eagles are preparing a media release. It will quote Jamie Lyon, who will see out the remainder of his contract.
this is the post I like the most

Yeah the same SMH that said Hasler was about to ink a new deal with Manly. Now i know he's gone. ****

Lyon will see out his contract in 2013 and move on at the end of this year.

Expect to see Will Hopoate come back to Manly in 2014 to replace Lyon.

Titans are a clueless club - offering huge money 4 years deals to blokes Jamies age is insanity.

I hope we dont even entertain a counter offer to this insane contract and head down the path of being a headline seeking joke club like the Titans. Make Jamie play his final year this year so we can find a replacement ( yes thats a big hole to fill ) or make Titans pay us compo for 2013.

apparently he asked for a realease... we said no and he will see out contract.

That guts me, was hoping he didnt ask........

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/titans-swoop-for-manly-skipper-lyon-20130118-2cxkx.html

apparently he wants to stay??

Ramrod said:
faithful said:
For all you newbys out there we have seen this before with Bobby Fulton and Paul Vautin , we will survive.

Newby my ass. I've been a fan even before you graced a diaper.
It's only natural that we want to keep the best. Jamie is the BEST.
You can't possibly think Vautin is in the same class as Killer and Bozo?

Ha Ha thats good then you have been a supporter since 1957 . You would not have got a better captain and club man than Paul Vautin.

McEagle said:
apparently he asked for a realease... we said no and he will see out contract.

That guts me, was hoping he didnt ask........
same,hoping its not to late to fix it though,Get Choc into his ear

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8