Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
seriously how long does it take to get a release written ......... the longer thsi goes on the more it worries me

ABC saying he is staying for 2013 ... AT least

good news

McEagle said:
seriously how long does it take to get a release written ......... the longer thsi goes on the more it worries me

ABC saying he is staying for 2013 ... AT least

good news

depends I guess if they let zorba do it or not

Would be made to release him for 2013 unless we absolutely had to for cap reasons. Make him see out his deal for this year and then he can get have a 3 year deal with the tits at $500k.

This on the official NRL site..Lyon to stay at Manly for 2013
Print
- Font
+ Font
RSS
AAP Fri, Jan 18, 2013 - 1:54 PM

Manly captain Jamie Lyon is set to remain at the Sea Eagles for at least the 2013 season, despite reports linking him to an immediate move to rival NRL club Gold Coast.

The Titans have reportedly offered Lyon a massive long-term deal, but a Manly insider says the star centre will remain at Brookvale until at least the end of his current deal which expires at the end of this season.

Manly are yet to make an official statement in response to a News Limited report on Friday stating that Lyon was seeking an immediate release.

Lyon had reportedly agreed to a "deal in principle" with the Gold Coast and was meeting with Sea Eagles management on Friday to ask for a release from the final year of his NRL contract.

Gold Coast made a play for NSW star Michael Jennings, before the Penrith reject linked with the Sydney Roosters.

The Titans have money to spend and are on the lookout for a quality centre.

Gold Coast haven't returned calls from AAP but chief executive David May said last week that they were talking to other players of the calibre of Jennings.

"We are also talking to one or two people who are of that calibre," May said.

"We want superstars at this club.

"We want (to be a) club that is performing in the top four."

Centres don't get much better than Lyon, a former Test and Origin star who has won two grand finals with the Sea Eagles.

Manly's salary cap situation is tight and if Lyon was to leave it would create room for the club moving forward.

Lyon, 30, walked out on Parramatta midway through 2004 before moving to the English Super League for two seasons.

McEagle said:
[

I write releases for a living. It's not the writing that takes the time it's the approval. Some publicly-listed companies I work for take three weeks to approve something, and it can be re-written a dozen times.

I reckon the Titans offer is a take it or leave it, right now. I'd be amazed if they are stupid enough to give him the same terms but starting from 2014.

My prediction is there will be a line in the press release about the club continuing to talk with Jamie about his next contract.

i really want to know if he has actually sought a release or not....... if he hasnt and has just had an offer on the table then great.

if he has sought a release and we said now, i think the fans need to know that

Masked Eagle said:
I reckon the Titans offer is a take it or leave it, right now. I'd be amazed if they are stupid enough to give him the same terms but starting from 2014.

My prediction is there will be a line in the press release about the club continuing to talk with Jamie about his next contract.

If Lyon does stay for 2013 it's been reported that they are looking at other aternatives which may torpedo the deal with the Tits who are after a quality centre for this year.

First, the end of the commodore announced, now this. Been a bad 24 hours for this petrol head footy loving bogan.

A week is a long time in footy. If he is staying with us this year than until he OFFICIALLY signs a contract with the Titans we have plenty of time to work on extending his contract. There's some deader wood than him that can be chopped to fund a contract extension.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8