Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
im wrapped he is staying..... i just want to now if he actaully sought a release!!!!!!!!

people are speculating that he did...... until i hear it from the club or him then i dont cop it

Phil Rothfield you are an absolute goose........cant stand this plonker

Strip him of captancy? no way ... if he wants it he has got it. I think there will be more money around very soon and I hope he gets his share.. and plays out his career with Manly.[/u]

Chip and Chase said:
A week is a long time in footy. If he is staying with us this year than until he OFFICIALLY signs a contract with the Titans we have plenty of time to work on extending his contract. There's some deader wood than him that can be chopped to fund a contract extension.
agreed C and C,lets change his mind,now he has to deal with the fans as well as his team mates,so change his mind

If Lyon goes at the end of 2013 it will free up a lot of coin for us. For all we know he could have a change of heart and extend his time with us.

Either way I think Manly have enjoyed the best years of Lyon's career.

The Who said:
McEagle said:
seriously how long does it take to get a release written ......... the longer thsi goes on the more it worries me
[

I write releases for a living. It's not the writing that takes the time it's the approval. Some publicly-listed companies I work for take three weeks to approve something, and it can be re-written a dozen times.

It's true, also if you rush it you may spell a simple word incorrectly, such as "this".

There is actually merit to keeping him till this contract runs out, goes elsewhere for 2014, foz gets made captain before his contract runs out, manly make a big play for mat Scott.

Would be devastated to see him go, but this cou
D be the line of thinking?

MWSE... if thats the case i will be wrapped......

if he was to move on at yeasr end i would wish him well, i just couldnt see this happening now.... i have met him a few times and couldnt picture it

I thought he said he only wanted to play another 2 seasons anyway. Now he's talking another 4 seasons. 2013, 2014 would see the best of him. I fear if he wants more then he wont gfet it with Manly. We dont provide retirement fund seasons even for legends. Just ask Fulton,Vautin,Hasler,Randall,Eadie,Menzies and many other lesser greats.

The worst thing that can happen now is, if Lyon gets the ****s and walks out as he did to the Eels.

If he signed for them from 2014 maybe it is not such a big deal.
Seriously, the chances they will still be around in 2014 must be pretty slim...

Also, as Garts said, if there isn't a rule of clubs enticing contracts to be broken their ****ing well should be.

Devious ceo's and player agents need to be reigned in.

I had it on good authority that one Hugh Hackman had myriad 3rd party sponsors lined up to ensure Lyon stayed a sea eagle beyond this contract.

Where is this presser?

Contradicting reports, who'da thunk it.

In any case, if Lyon were to move on at the end of his contract then that's his prerogative and no harm done.

Other fans are saying karma and all that, but unless he just walks out of Manly then it won't be anything like what happened at Parra. Even if he seeks an immediate release, he's doing it better than just walking out.

Would i be devastated? For sure, he's the best. Would i hold it against him? Probably not, it would suck but hey it's out of my hands.

If he did, i doubt we'd get Hoppa back, though that would be pretty sweet.

voicefromthehill said:
Won't somebody think of the children!!!!

LOL

simon64 said:
Larissa said:
A press release from the Club officially commenting will be out shortly.

Can you give us some kind of idea how long we have to wait for said press release Larissa ?

Shortly

The Who said:
I write releases for a living. It's not the writing that takes the time it's the approval. Some publicly-listed companies I work for take three weeks to approve something, and it can be re-written a dozen times.

That was terribly written.

Hi guys, been out for the day.

What's happening? Anything? Another boring ol day?

Press Release is on it's way. As has been mentioned, there are a few hands it has to go through for approval.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8