Jason King announces his retirement

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Farewell to the King as last Northern Eagle. Played one NE game off the bench in 2001 http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2001/round-26/northern-eagles-vs-brisbane/summary.html

I don't count Choc as a NE as he played in 2002 and that was Manly no matter what the NRL says.

That's great news, and we'll done Kingy, and the powers to be. I'm quite chuffed to be honest :)

bones said:
Kingy has had his charge down-graded at the judiciary tonight and is free to play this weekend. The announcement was perfectly timed today and worked a treat ;)

Yep. Whoever came up with the idea to have Kingy's retirement announcement today prior to his judiciary appearance is a genius!!
Well played by all.

KINGY IS PLAYING

Succcessfully had his charge downgraded so he is free to play!

Awesome, I've got my tickets!!

NYEagle

I've read some of the comments about Kingdogs retirement on Facelessbook....most of them seem to be along the "played for one or two too many years" line. I tend to disagree.

Yes he has been injured a lot over the past few years. But this year when he's played I think he has given our forward pack the mongrel is has been lacking. Personally I'm glad that he's still playing right now.

When you do hang up the boots at the end of this year Kingdog, I hope Manly fans remember you as a front rower who gave his all for the club. A Manly junior who bleeds maroon and white and was desperately unlucky not to have 2 premierships instead of just the one (though what a one...a record 40-0 crushing of the cheating Scum).

Thank you Jason King and I hope the club can send you into football retirement with the second premiership you deserve.

Gee it won't feel quite the same without the big Kingdog on the team. He's played a big part in one of the most successful eras in our club's history.

Played tough and straight, he is the type of player who would earn the respect of his opponents. Thanks Kingy, you've done yourself and the club proud!

Yeah I've just caught up on all this tonight.

Even an old hard-head like me got a bit emotional watching Jason (and Tooves) speak and sum it all up.

I just wondered how many of us blokes had the same burning passion for Manly, and wish to play for them one day...like countless kids and young men of every generation.

Not many get so lucky, and Jason has gone from go to whoa as a one-club-Manly man!

A class-act; a massive part of Manly's resurgence in the last 14 seasons; and quite probable a future asset to Rugby League (even Manly) in the administration side of footy.

A fair and fantastic result, to see him clear to play one last time at Brookie on Sunday.

Please get there all that are able (hopefully for a win over the Riff) and give him the Brookvale farewell he so richly deserves!

Thanks for the memories.
All the very best for your future post-footy!

A credit to yourself, your family and of course the game, and Manly.

I posted this elsewhere tonight.
Nothing but respect for King. He epitomises those of us who are not freakishly talented, athletic nor skilled, but humbly play a part and sacrifice for the team. I would take this man's heart before much of the talent on offer. Thank you Kingy. You are a superstar in my eyes far beyond the inflated hype around the GIs, Slaters and SBW. I could only hope this same humble respect and appreciation you have carried throughout your career may rub off on some of the younger up-coming generation. I'm sure even some of the older current crew could learn from you. Thank you.

Kingy is a Manly legend who has given over half his life to this club. He has lost a yard or two but can still offer some inspiration and lift the enthusiasm of this team. Remember that game a few months ago against Souths/Burgess brothers.

Lets hope Kingy goes out with a big few weeks in the finals. Thankyou for your wonderful service to this club, Jason!

Thanks for the memories Kingdog and hopefully you will get to bow out of the NRL in the same fairytale way as our other great clubman, the great Beaver, got to do in 2008. :)

I can't wait for this weeks game! I hope Kingy is 100% fit or close to it. For the first time in a long time, he will be able to play as aggressively as he can. In front of a big home crowd, career winding up, another GF in the pipeline, he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Rip in KINGDOG!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4