Jaxson "Pollock" Paulo - Blank Canvas Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Garrick is very very quick and I'd take him before Young in an instant in my squad.
That is a very generalised statement. Every squad is different and their requirements for certain types of players are rarely the same. Garrick would be more beneficial to some teams and Dom Young to others. Who are the other players in your squad?

Just really his 2 nd season at Manly [ 2020 ] that Reuben seemed to fall back a bit after that really good first up season in 19 and being included in that Australian invitation or whatever side that season 's end . Then pretty much on another upward projectory from season 21 with his all round game , except his last line of defence surprisingly and considering his good agility factor . Thought that Young would not find it so easy to run around him a second time in the 2 games against the Knights this season but one of Manly's more consistent and dedicated players the past 3 years or so without doubt
I thought he was carrying a couple injuries there for a while as well. I remember he was running around on one leg for a few games. I feel like he has really become part of the solid base at the Club now. If he stays relatively injury free, I can see him being with us for quite a few years.

Do you think he could be captain material?
No so much atm as his communication skills are not there - yet....but maybe in time depending who we have.....for example there is Jake and DCE as standouts....and Jake has only more recently started his yap, used to simply lead by cutting players in half.
Then Tom when playing is an option and we have recently had Croker without the 3 above playing.
See Garrick as arguably the next option ?

Garrick is very very quick and I'd take him before Young in an instant in my squad.
Well Garrick is the complete package and kicks goals to boot and imo, would not look out of place at rep level....but shows how fast Young is, just beat Gaz with pure pace and Young is up there not far off "Saab jets" in the speed department, as a complete player - happy with your Garrick call - outstanding player who gives everything every week and wish a few of the other players followed his efforts and we would be tough to beat (even without Tom).

Well Garrick is the complete package and kicks goals to boot and imo, would not look out of place at rep level....but shows how fast Young is, just beat Gaz with pure pace and Young is up there not far off "Saab jets" in the speed department, as a complete player - happy with your Garrick call - outstanding player who gives everything every week and wish a few of the other players followed his efforts and we would be tough to beat (even without Tom).
Young is nowhere near Saab for speed mate….nowhere near Koula either.

Young is nowhere near Saab for speed mate….nowhere near Koula either.
I disagree. In the game v. Knights at Mudgee, Saab scored a long range try & Young almost ran him down from the other side of the field. He is the only player (apart from Koula) I've seen match Saab (it's possible Saab was gassed after a lot of defensive work immediately prior). In terms of speed off the mark, I think AKP (Khan-Pereira) may be the fastest. He is lightning quick.

I disagree. In the game v. Knights at Mudgee, Saab scored a long range try & Young almost ran him down from the other side of the field. He is the only player (apart from Koula) I've seen match Saab (it's possible Saab was gassed after a lot of defensive work immediately prior). In terms of speed off the mark, I think AKP (Khan-Pereira) may be the fastest. He is lightning quick.
Yep..
Dom Young is real quick. Saab is probably the fastest over 100m. But young would be right up there. Haven't really seen AKP open up yet, but lights it up short distances from what I've seen

Mate Saab took his foot off the accelerator. Running from an angle he had a shorter distance. I'd bet my life that Saab & Koula would leave Young for dust!

Mate Saab took his foot off the accelerator. Running from an angle he had a shorter distance. I'd bet my life that Saab & Koula would leave Young for dust!
I made an error in my earlier post. Saab's try was in the return game in Newcastle, not in the first game in Mudgee. Saab did slow down, but before that, Young who was way behind Saab, drew level running an angle. There is no doubt that Saab is the fastest over 100 metres in the NRL, but I suspect his margin over Young would be only 5 metres. Hopefully, a NRL match race can be organized one day with Saab, Young, Koula, JAC, AKP, Coates, Cobbo, Xerri (when reinstated) and so on. Roger Fabrio is currently training Xerri & has said that his times would place him amongst the fastest players in the NRL.

I’m confident Saab has Young for pace but the gap wouldn’t be much. Young doesn’t have the same effortless style and over-strides by trying to run too fast. He is naturally super quick though and would be up with the very fastest players in the competition.

Pleased that Sabb got his swerve going [ or going better ] against the Dragons.
Real speed with an effective swerve, a serious weapon for any outside back
Really good or crucial really that Saab has not lost any of his pace after his injury , looks like a bit stronger too .
Credit to who or whoever was most responsible for getting him to the club ,
He is the real deal as a top line finisher and positional play maybe still a work in progress but irrespective , doing real good in the majority of his games for some time now .

We went through a hiatus of speed out wide a few years ago and it's great to have speedsters out in the backs again. Saab is WIP and IMO is getting better.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10