Jaxson "Pollock" Paulo - Blank Canvas Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The neo-abstract expressionist, Anselm Kiefer, could bring some rawness and angst to the team, while his contemporary, Georg Baselitz, could turn the comp on its head.

Last edited:
Jaxson Paulo could be good for us. His signing was unexpected for me.

He’s unlucky not to be a premiership winner already. Had Latrell not been suspended then Penrith might have only been premiers once in their three consecutive grand finals

The neo-abstract expressionist, Anselm Kiefer, could bring some rawness and angst to the team, while his contemporary, Georg Baselitz, could turn the comp on its head.
Meanwhile a certain section of Silvertails continue to identify closely with Munch's most famous work... :eek:

Looks like the ever efficent GE beat me to it

Can I ask we come up with a better thread title? He is on a 3 year deal which means he has lenty of time to go through the ST story arc (straight into the first grade line up with expectations of a hatrick every game, one bad game then discarded to only come back and perform like the average to better winger he was signed as)
Maybe needs a Woodise poll to, you know, canvas(s) some thoughts.

Meanwhile a certain section of Silvertails continue to identify closely with Munch's most famous work... :eek:
I was thinking we could have Van Gogh packing down as a right side loose head prop… but we don’t have those in league, do we…

No better than Tuli.

Very very average winger imo. Roosters sign Dom Young and we get this reject. Hopeless at Souths and no better at the roosters

Hey mate, here's some stats for you.

Dom Young: Win %: 30%
Jaxs Paulo: Win %: 62%
(Paulo better)

Dom Young: Tries per game 0.85
Jaxs Paulo: Tries per game 0.46
(Young better)

Dom Young: Try assist per game 0.125
Jaxs Paulo: Try assist per game 0.129
(Paulo better)

Dom Young: Line Breaks per game: 0.85
Jaxs Paulo: Line Breaks per game : 0.59
(Young better)

Dom Young: Ave mts per game this year: 138
Jaxs Paulo: Ave mts per game this year: 147
(Paulo better)

Dom young: Tackle Efficiency - 79.2%
Jaxs Paulo: Table Efficiency - 73.91%
(Paulo is actually better overall - but above stat is just this year).

So 4 of 6 stats Paulo is better. But despite that, the stats are actually quite similar. I wouldn't really call one a reject and the other great. They are both very, very good.

Hey mate, here's some stats for you.

Dom Young: Win %: 30%
Jaxs Paulo: Win %: 62%
(Paulo better)

Dom Young: Tries per game 0.85
Jaxs Paulo: Tries per game 0.46
(Young better)

Dom Young: Try assist per game 0.125
Jaxs Paulo: Try assist per game 0.129
(Paulo better)

Dom Young: Line Breaks per game: 0.85
Jaxs Paulo: Line Breaks per game : 0.59
(Young better)

Dom Young: Ave mts per game this year: 138
Jaxs Paulo: Ave mts per game this year: 147
(Paulo better)

Dom young: Tackle Efficiency - 79.2%
Jaxs Paulo: Table Efficiency - 73.91%
(Paulo is actually better overall - but above stat is just this year).

So 4 of 6 stats Paulo is better. But despite that, the stats are actually quite similar. I wouldn't really call one a reject and the other great. They are both very, very good.
I reckon Young is on another level to Paulo and is up there as a Top shelf winger who would make most if not all NRL teams.
No disrespect to Paulo, but he has been in and out of first grade for a reason and Young is an Elite winger.
This is a good example why I'm not massive on stats.
In saying that, I really hope Paulo gets a top grade spot, plays great and turns out a great signing.....but a long way off Young based on what I've seen.

Last edited:
What has Detective Munch got to do with it?;)
B542166D-1102-49F3-9835-AE4B933202BA.jpeg

I reckon Young is on another level to Paulo and is up there as an Top shelf winger who would make most if not all NRL teams.
No disrespect to Paulo, but he has been in and out of first grade for a reason and Young is an Elite winger.
This is a good example why I'm not massive on stats.
In saying that, I really hope Paulo gets a top grade spot, plays great and turns out a great signing.....but a long way off Young based on what I've seen.
On a side note, I did hear a rumour that we were very close to trading Garrick for young at the start of this season! Now that would have been a fast backline!

On a side note, I did hear a rumour that we were very close to trading Garrick for young at the start of this season! Now that would have been a fast backline!
That was definitely swung out there mate....and would have been a backline blitz !
What's funny with Garrick though......maybe a as a 1 eyed supporter, has to be close to the most improved player in the NRL.
Even some crap Manly games this year, he has stepped up and given everything and become a leader.....he is not Top level Superstar, but if you ever want an example of a bloke who plays to his potential, He is the Perfect example and also a down to earth nice guy...

That was definitely swung out there mate....and would have been a backline blitz !
What's funny with Garrick though......maybe a as a 1 eyed supporter, has to be close to the most improved player in the NRL.
Even some crap Manly games this year, he has stepped up and given everything and become a leader.....he is not Top level Superstar, but if you ever want an example of a bloke who plays to his potential, He is the Perfect example and also a down to earth nice guy...

Do you think he could be captain material?

Just really his 2 nd season at Manly [ 2020 ] that Reuben seemed to fall back a bit after that really good first up season in 19 and being included in that Australian invitation or whatever side that season 's end . Then pretty much on another upward projectory from season 21 with his all round game , except his last line of defence surprisingly and considering his good agility factor . Thought that Young would not find it so easy to run around him a second time in the 2 games against the Knights this season but one of Manly's more consistent and dedicated players the past 3 years or so without doubt

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10