Jennings to the Squeals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The RLW Mole, who I must say is mostly on the money tweeted last night the following

Michael Jennings to Parramatta, with Dale Copley from the Bronco's replacing Jennings at the Roosters.

I know we have been buying big as well BUT we did let a heap of players go but is there no end to the Slimes salary cap???

Jennings would have to be on $700-$800k per year and still is at the top of his game.

And why would the Roosters release Jennings...............only one reason "the return of SBW"

Roosters would be paying his wage but I believe this is a bunch of crap, the mole also suggested Idris to manly was a done deal

The RLW Mole, who I must say is mostly on the money tweeted last night the following

Michael Jennings to Parramatta, with Dale Copley from the Bronco's replacing Jennings at the Roosters.

I know we have been buying big as well BUT we did let a heap of players go but is there no end to the Slimes salary cap???

Jennings would have to be on $700-$800k per year and still is at the top of his game.

And why would the Roosters release Jennings...............only one reason "the return of SBW"
450-500k at the most; centres don't demand anymore than that. However, your point still stands...how can the Eels fit this guy under the cap?

Theyd still have some of the mountain of Hoppa $$ to spend, so it makes perfect sense they could still fit someone on decent coin in given that was only properly cleared up in the last month. If true, Roosters just playing the numbers, snap someone up for half the price, offload the expensive option, and less destruction when they have to fit SBW in. Parra will have a good backline if Jennings comes in and Gutherson kicks on. They'll be pretty soft up front though.

450-500k at the most; centres don't demand anymore than that. However, your point still stands...how can the Eels fit this guy under the cap?
Fairly certain he was on a lot more money at Penrith, who probably put in a fair bit of cash when he went to the Roosters. Perhaps the Roosters now don't think he's worth that sort of money considering they won't be getting a top up from Penrith any more.

He is reportedly on $500K at Roosters.

Doubt he'd be leaving for less money. Would have to be on $600K, he is the games No1 centre.

Mole is usually pretty good, 8 out 10 I reckon.

Fairly certain he was on a lot more money at Penrith, who probably put in a fair bit of cash when he went to the Roosters. Perhaps the Roosters now don't think he's worth that sort of money considering they won't be getting a top up from Penrith any more.

He was on $800 at the Panthers, they may have been paying of that at the Roosters for a while now.

Theyd still have some of the mountain of Hoppa $$ to spend, so it makes perfect sense they could still fit someone on decent coin in given that was only properly cleared up in the last month. If true, Roosters just playing the numbers, snap someone up for half the price, offload the expensive option, and less destruction when they have to fit SBW in. Parra will have a good backline if Jennings comes in and Gutherson kicks on. They'll be pretty soft up front though.

They were seriously over the cap and needed to off load players to prevent them from being fined and docked points, can't see how losing hoppa and replacing him with a player on similar coin is going to get them back under the cap

Lol people only go to Parra for a pay day so he wouldn't be going there for less. They are also a club that no good centres want to play for as evidenced by the string of decent centres who flat out rejected them. File this under bull****.

Even without RTS and Maloney (plus his goal kicking), the Rorters still have a good side. Jennings would be crazy to leave that to go to the Speels.

I doubt the Eels will be able to offer him what he wants...they couldn't land Lafai, Roberts, or Hiku so it makes you wonder. If indeed Jennings is on the outer with the Roosters, you'd expect him to dig his heels in for another season and then test the open market when clubs have big $$$ available. It would be a dud move by his management to jump ship without using the obvious bargaining power a player of Jennings ilk does possess.

Someone asked Gus Gould about this rumour on Twitter last night and he said something along the lines of he had no idea how the Eels could afford him.

They were seriously over the cap and needed to off load players to prevent them from being fined and docked points, can't see how losing hoppa and replacing him with a player on similar coin is going to get them back under the cap
and they did ditch 15 or so players to do that (a number of whom were on stupid $$), and will probably do the same next season with ones that were still on deals. Look through their roster, hardly looks like something that would set off alarm bells to fit someone like Jennings in (even with the overs parra have been paying in years gone by). Roosters might pay a bit for the first year bringing it down keeping them clear of salary cap problems, then he might get his bigger payday the following years after more cleaning out is done.

Parra have had to pay big dollars for the players they have signed over the last couple of years. Throw in Foran on $1.25 mill & they're surely bulging in cap space. Gould would know the value of a salary cap dollar so if he says he can't work out how they could fit him in then they must be over.

Seems to me they know the NRL are as weak as piss (especially after the NRL let them off last time) and won't do anything to upset parra or their fans.

They'll have a good team next year which makes me nervous.

All I can do is back them to make the 8 and hope I jinx them like I usually do with my bets.

By the way, I NEVER BACK MANLY as we never win when I have in the past. I've put $ on the dogs to win the grand final every year since De$ left and luckily I haven't collected. I'll put $ on the slime for the top 8 and hope like hell I lose!

Jennings is a good player but will only add to the pressure Arthur is under. In the first 3 rounds the Eels play Broncos, Cows, then Canterbury .
0 and 3 sounds about right.
The board will be thrilled with that start. (Assuming the board is still intact after the commission checks out their salary cap).

Sadly the dumbass nrl have already checked out their cap and only put a SUSPENDED 4 point suspension on them. That just shows to me that they are the next NRL fantasy team.

If I was a dog or storm supporter, I'd be asking very serious questions as to why parra were just handed a suspended sentence when they rorted the cap by $500,000-$600,000 and then have signed big name players since.

NRL playing favourites again. Maybe we should've tried to keep about 5 of our players we cut while signing all our new ones and see if the NRL would allow that? We all know the answer! :banghead:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8