Jennings to the Squeals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely Jennings has a say in this. If he gets paid the same whether he plays for the roosters or the eels surely he will refuse to leave the roosters.

Why would he leave all his mates who he won a comp with and one of the most successful and professional clubs in the game to go to arguably the worst club in the comp with a history of destroying players careers for no financial gain. Makes absolutely no sense at all to me.
Yeah agree, to me this shows size of deal we are putting forward for cordner. Roosters are getting desperate.

Yeah agree, to me this shows size of deal we are putting forward for cordner. Roosters are getting desperate.
Yeah exactly and it may suit the Roosters but doubt it would suit Michael Jennings unless the eels were offering him massive overs in coming years to make up for the risk of going there. However with Foran, watmough etc on their books for massive coin I doubt they'd have the cap would they?

Last edited:
Apparently Eels offered Jennings 800k a year? Wouldn't that have to be heavily back ended?
again I,ll say it,how can they do it,are just being ignorant and ignoring the salary cap,or are they one of the teams that dont have a cap.Has there cap drama just dissappeared

The really sad thing about the Speels is that outside the 2 major stadiums, they probably have the best 'small' rectangular shaped stadium in Sydney.

They bloody well don't deserve it. Its an injustice that they get to play there while a club like ours has to fight tooth and nail to play at an outdated venue like Brookie. Its enough to make ya spew.

If they are over the cap then how are we going?

When you look at who we lost to who we gained, it works out pretty even really. A fair bit of cap space would have been saved by losing Foran, Ballin, Hiku, Horo, Lui, JSL, Gutho and maybe even Blair. And of those we recruited, realistically only Myles, Walker, Lussick, Brown and Taupau have been regular first graders (and of those I'd guess that Myles as a current international and Origin player would be getting the most money).

The rest of the new players, including Koroisau and Moltzen, have been fringe players at other clubs. I included Api because truth be told, he played 2nd fiddle to Luke at Souffs and wouldn't have even played in the 2014 GF had Luke not been suspended, and he also played behind Segeyaro at the Riff. A premiership winner yes, a regular NRL player no (he's played 30 from a possible 55 games in his 2 years so far, and he wasn't out injured for long periods).

Say we lose Buhrer to The Giants, and Lawrence to the Chooks as being reported, check this out (I won't even include Starling for now):-

01. Peta Hiku
02. David Williams
03. Clinton Gutherson
04. Michael Chee-Kam
05. Cheyse Blair
06. Kieran Foran
07. Jack Littlejohn
08. Ligi Sao
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Justin Horo
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Willie Mason
15. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
16. James Hasson
17. Tyson Andrews

18. Will Pearsall
19. Addison Demetriou

How big WAS that ****ing list again?

They have to be over the cap!!!!

Foran-1.2k
Watmough-950k
Scott-500k
Norman-500k
Gordon-400k
Mannah-600k
Peats-500k
Semi-450k

Plus remember all the reserve graders the call good depth what a joke, the could afford Hoppa, but they could afford Jennings, Roberts or Hiku? They have bought half the players in the comp

How do you know those figures are accurate? And even if they are accurate, we don't know how much of those figures are made up of third party agreements, which aren't included in the cap?
You could do exactly the same thing with the Manly roster.

How do you know those figures are accurate? And even if they are accurate, we don't know how much of those figures are made up of third party agreements, which aren't included in the cap?
You could do exactly the same thing with the Manly roster.
I don't think they would get a lot of third party deals done after the cars got repossessed last year...

Permit me to dream ..... they're forced to move Watmough on to fit Jennings in.
Ooh yeah. Like that!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4