Joe kelly tlkn sprt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe Kelly is pretty much a puppet for the Penn's. However, the criticism of him is a little harsh IMO. As Loobs said, recruitment is not generally part of the CEO's role. I would have thought the only part the CEO would play in retention and recruitment would be to sign of on the financial side to ensure everything meets the club's salary cap and budget parameters.

One major task I do see as the CEO's role is sponsorship. Now, I hate the Big Green Blob as much as anyone, however it does represent the most lucrative jersey, from a sponsorship perspective, in the club history. That is a big tick in my book, despite the fact it makes the jersey look ****ing hideous.

On the negative side, he does seem to release a few statements that seem full of piss and wind, designed just to appease the masses, without actually saying anything, and I think he needs to remember he's not at Souths anymore. Manly fans are far more intelligent and can see through such statements @:D.

Any anti-Penn sentiment will naturally be carried across to Joe Kelly, however if you look purely at what he's accomplished, I think his positives outweigh his negatives, if only slightly.

I can't say I'm a Penn fan, there's something about Scott, in particular, that doesn't sit right with me. I think you can generally tell with Kelly when his speaking for Penn, or speaking for himself. When his speaking for Penn, I take it with a grain of salt, but when he's speaking for himself I tend to listen as, generally, I think he's done OK.

Last edited:
Not sure what's funnier. All the whining. Or all the whining about the whining.

Also, very proud that I resisted the temptation to use the dummy spit thingy.

@mosto ...however it does represent the most lucrative jersey, from a sponsorship perspective, in the NRL.

You sure of that???

@mosto ...however it does represent the most lucrative jersey, from a sponsorship perspective, in the NRL.

You sure of that???
Manly's most lucrative:

New sponsor brings much Joy to Sea Eagles jerseys

THE Sea Eagles playing jersey next season will be the most lucrative in the club’s history after securing CoCo Joy as a chief sponsor.

A global food and beverage company, Coco Joy has previously been a sleeve sponsor.

Yesterday’s announcement sees them join Daikin (top back jersey), Kyocera (bottom back jersey) URM (centre chest), ISC (kit partner) and the newly acquired ZTE (sleeves) as public backers.

Sea Eagles chief executive Joe Kelly said CoCo Joy’s upgrade is a vote of confidence in the club’s future.

“CoCo Joy is a great brand with real synergies with the Sea Eagles – fun, family and health-orientated,” Mr Kelly said.

“Today (Wednesday) marks 69 years to the day since Manly were granted entry into the NSWRL competition, so to announce this major partnership with CoCo Joy on the most significant date in our history is a great occasion.”

Coco Joy spokesman Tim Xenos revealed the branding of the product via a major sporting team was paramount going forward.

“We want to offer a healthy lifestyle to consumers globally as well as a variety to the industry with its wide range of healthy coconut food and beverages,” he said.

getimage.aspx

“Our partnership with a world class team like the Sea Eagles is a vital step in this commitment.”

I reckon quite a few fans on this site will be gutted if the club wins the premiership this year the way they are carrying on. I could care less what was happening at the club, as long as we are winning premierships.
I like to calls these fans the sites resident Narks

The big green blob on the jumper may not look good, but if it helps the club financially then who am I to argue?

Though I do wish they had allowed it to be just the words (CoCo Joy) in white on the maroon background. But I guess that's not what they're paying for.

Last edited:
So he has the most lucrative jersey but will he make a profit like Perry managed with less?

Surely this is the CEO's job?

Also he must have a hand in player contracts as he came on board and pulled DCE's contract.

I believe Kelly is pretty much a puppet for the Penn's. However, the criticism of him is a little harsh IMO. As Loobs said, recruitment is not generally part of the CEO's role. I would have thought the only part the CEO would play in retention and recruitment would be to sign of on the financial side to ensure everything meets the club's salary cap and budget parameters.

One major task I do see as the CEO's role is sponsorship. Now, I hate the Big Green Blob as much as anyone, however it does represent the most lucrative jersey, from a sponsorship perspective, in the club history. That is a big tick in my book, despite the fact it makes the jersey look ****ing hideous.

On the negative side, he does seem to release a few statements that seem full of piss and wind, designed just to appease the masses, without actually saying anything, and I think he needs to remember he's not at Souths anymore. Manly fans are far more intelligent and can see through such statements @:D.

Any anti-Penn sentiment will naturally be carried across to Joe Kelly, however if you look purely at what he's accomplished, I think his positives outweigh his negatives, if only slightly.

I can't say I'm a Penn fan, there's something about Scott, in particular, that doesn't sit right with me. I think you can generally tell with Kelly when his speaking for Penn, or speaking for himself. When his speaking for Penn, I take it with a grain of salt, but when he's speaking for himself I tend to listen as, generally, I think he's done OK.
Hmmm, so we have a fully subscribed sponsorship package for record $$$ for Manly, We have recruited a roster that looks extremely strong on paper, we have improved training and medical facilities and the Boardroom war has ended (Due to Penn Control I acknowledge), yep he & the back office team are doing a sh1t job.

I am even thinking of buying a green blob jersey.

Last edited:
OK so which one of you told the other one ;)
I read @Mark from Brisbane's post a few moments earlier. It was very informative.

Although he did allude to this very thing some time ago when Coco pops came on board as the official shirt sponsor. Something along the lines of they merely moved to the front from the sleeve for SFA.

Nothing official obviously but I hold Mark in the highest regard and as far as I'm concerned - if he says it then it's gospel.

In Mark from Brisbane I trust. :rock:

Can anyone answer me this: How can a niche brand such as Coco Joy (which only a couple of fans on this Forum have admitted to trying - and disliking) splash out so much money on sponsorship? They also sponsor the Renegades in the Big Bash. Probably other sporting teams that I've unaware of.
Where is the return on investment?
It's not like this is a major brand such as Pepsi, Pioneer or Kasperski?

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6