Jorge Taufua re-signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Someone else that copped alot of flack from not being good under the high ball? Ben Barba...... Look what happened with him, i like Jorge just needs some time to develop his skills.

ManlyBacker said:
I can't forget all the stuff put about T-Rex in his first 20+ games. No heart, never make it, doesn't deserve to have boots, slower than a snail, disinterested (and some justified at the time). No one says that today. When you get to the top grade only the most brilliant make a huge impact then half of them have the second-year syndrome. Jorge has had 9 games! That is nothing.

You would hope that some critics could remember how hard it is for new players and go with potential and be a bit kinder as they find their feet. The best for me is they are in the maroon & white and that alone says I will have respect and patience. If they come from another club on big dollars and a high rep and flop then it is different. Rant over.

A lot of people had hung, drawn and quartered Laim Foran after 8 games (winning 7 of them). I truly didn't get that.

torana355 said:
kingyfan said:
Tafua will be the last of our signings this year with oldfield, snake, Ballin and Lussick all going elsewhere.

And you know this how???

Pillow talk with Jason.

Don't rate him, I can't get the images of him playing against the bulldogs and the mountain of errors that was in his game.. Money would of been better spent on retaining other players.

Phoenix said:
Don't rate him, I can't get the images of him playing against the bulldogs and the mountain of errors that was in his game.. Money would of been better spent on retaining other players.

He is a debutant. Get over your self. Give him some time.

Who would we retain for the money we spent on him you goose?

'Would have'

When you can't write you can't make a point.

There is a lot of potential in Jorge. I think he is a great signing and will become a devastating ball runner for us

Phoenix said:

He did have a game with some errors - but if you recall in the post match interview Stewart gave him a bit of a plug, and it wasn't as if he was watching the game on TV! Maybe his team mates know the value he can bring and adds to the team? Or maybe he was just trying t make the big fella fell better - I prefer the first thought

Top End Eagle said:
Phoenix said:

'Would have'

It's an opinion, what is with the personal attacks? Would have or would of... Big deal grammar nazi! Get over myself? Its a football forum. Keep the comments related to football mate!!

And he is a debutant is that as good as your rebuttal gets?

I don't rate him, I think whare would HAVE been a better option!!

Phoenix said:
Top End Eagle said:
Phoenix said:

'Would have'

It's an opinion, what is with the personal attacks? Would have or would of... Big deal grammar nazi! Get over myself? Its a football forum. Keep the comments related to football mate!!

Problem being, Whare wasn't an option, he didn't want to be here.

Phoenix said:
Top End Eagle said:
Phoenix said:

'Would have'

You wouldn't rate Whare either after his display against Penrith then

You remember the game in either 05 or 06 when we went up to Brisbane as comp leaders and Brett Stewart couldn't catch a cold ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
You remember the game in either 05 or 06 when we went up to Brisbane as comp leaders and Brett Stewart couldn't catch a cold ?

Because he had the Flu Vaccine already.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6